The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Puck 2016/17

9 hours ago, oldnews said:

Just browsing the playoff brackets for last season and something interesting jumped out.

None of the final four teams from last year's playoffs remain standing and only one of them appear to have made the playoffs this year (Nashville, with a first round exit).

And of the final 8 from last year, only two teams, Vancouver and Florida, who lost in the 2nd round, are still standing this year.

So, quite the turnover - and incentive to teams that missed this season.

Pmalina's Sharks made the playoffs, did they not?

4 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Hmmmmn?

Got my ass kicked by Colton Sissons & Matt Irwin today.  Gets its just the way its goin do far...

Cudo's to @inane  for his depth though!  Also to @oldnews .  Who pegg'd Austin Watson for over 5 pantasy points a game? :wacko: 

Thanks, it was guys like Sissons I picked up at the deadline so glad to see them pulling their weight! 

On 4/10/2017 at 7:51 PM, Master Mind said:

5758339c92641_CDCPuck.jpg.dbe835b80c45156e290a789f2d151981.jpg

The Draft Lottery will not be held by the commissioners, but rather by the NHL. Each GM will be matched with a real-life team based on their placement in the standings. (I.e. @Tigs Capitals and the RL Avalanche, @Captain Azzy with RL Vegas, etc.) This way GM's can watch the lottery and see if they win.

As it stands, this is who each GM is matched with:

@Tigs - Colorado

@Drive-By Body Pierce - Vancouver

@Captain Azzy - Vegas

@LilBurrows - Arizona

@Salter via @Stamkos - New Jersey

@morrissex95 - Buffalo

@Salter - Detroit

@maroe - Dallas

@Drewismyname - Florida

@Phil The Thrill via @Mike Vanderhoek - Los Angeles

@gmen81 - Carolina

@Bombastik der Teutone - Winnipeg

@oldnews via @Herberts Vasiljevs - Philadelphia

@thejazz97 - Tampa Bay

@gmen81 via @canuckledraggin - New York Islanders

Draft lottery is tonight, don't forget who your team is tied to. Good luck to everyone! Not that a commissioner should be playing favourites, but an extra good luck to @Drive-By Body Pierce ;)

Also, let's get some more GM of the year votes shall we? Only 8 of the expected 26 GMs have voted thus far. It's not based on playoff results so no need to wait.

2 hours ago, Master Mind said:

Draft lottery is tonight, don't forget who your team is tied to. Good luck to everyone! Not that a commissioner should be playing favourites, but an extra good luck to @Drive-By Body Pierce ;)

Also, let's get some more GM of the year votes shall we? Only 8 of the expected 26 GMs have voted thus far. It's not based on playoff results so no need to wait.

Only @gmen81  @Salter with multiple picks...

I'm torn...super upset the canucks lost but like woooo 1st overall in fantasy....

But on a fantasy note, we're very excited for the opportunity to select 1st overall in this year's draft! It'll be fantastic to add what we believe is the best player available in the 2017 draft. 

27 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Lottery results:

1. @Salter

2. @oldnews

3. @maroe

Pretty scary that oldnews wins a lottery with the team he already has.

That makes no sense.

I'm a Canucks fan, and like the Canucks, I never get lucky. 

Weird.

I think I got that pick in the Rinne deal.  Wow.  Although Pekka's looking pretty good right now.

I just wish that lottery pick had come as a result of swapping picks with @apollo.  That would have been too gd beautiful!

The 2nd overall is certainly not untouchable.  Open to interesting offers - particularly if they involve a trade down.

Bonus implication - that pick is tied to a team that barely missed the playoffs, so a lottery pick to a mid-range team....

8 minutes ago, Tylez said:

I would take that! Wishful thinking I am afraid though :( Pens look too good 

funny how things will change by next game.

5 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

They are too good, the Caps should quit while they're ahead. 

(I just want your 1st to be pick 18, not 28+ ;))

too good ? for their own good......

4 hours ago, Salter said:

I'm torn...super upset the canucks lost but like woooo 1st overall in fantasy....

But on a fantasy note, we're very excited for the opportunity to select 1st overall in this year's draft! It'll be fantastic to add what we believe is the best player available in the 2017 draft. 

As for the team who traded you your 1st back...

Archived