The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sven Baertschi | LW

snizzle_

I can see how Baertschi might not fit the Hartley scheme of things. The Flames to a man are pretty consistently physical when called on. Sven might look better in the Sedin school of hockey. The Twins have impressed me with a far more physical game in these

playoffs, however. Hank was actually gooning Hiller in the last game.

Sven and Sbisa are going to be force fed to the Vcr fans. Can you remember a play when Svens brillinace stood out last night....me neither. For a skill type player he ....he just isn't. In a deep draft a second round pick is worth some thing. Jimmy you had your pocket picked by a rookie GM. And politics I'm sad to say is going to be a part of the future, Corrado, Grenier, Gaunce remaining in Utica while JB will fast forward Baertschi and Clendening, sign Sbisa to a nice contract and dump Stanton

Edited by Fred65

Sven and Sbisa are going to be force fed to the Vcr fans. Can you remember a play when Svens brillinace stood out last night....me neither. For a skill type player he ....he just isn't. In a deep draft a second round pick is worth some thing. Jimmy you had your pocket picked by a rookie GM. And politics I'm sad to say is going to be a part of the future, Corrado, Grenier, Gaunce remaining in Utica while JB will fast forward Baertschi and Clendening, sign Sbisa to a nice contract and dump Stanton

yost-draft1_53958.jpg

At least Sven is a tangible return. Yeah it's a good draft but this notion some people have that a 2nd rounder is gold is outrageous. If we drafted Sven with that pick, you'd probably be over the moon about it.

Pedan was a 3rd round pick, Corrado a 5th round, Bieska a 5th, round Edler a 3rd round, Vrbata a 7th round, Bonino a 6th round, Matthius a 2nd rounder Christ half the team is post 1st round picks.... Hansen was a NINTH ROUND PICK should I go on. Benning is supposed to be the super scout. You don't need to be a super scout to see Baertschi has not progressed since his draft year. Clendening ( 17 games played 0+2 ) ... I think had a good year in the AHL the previous season and nothing much since. Let, not suffer from ostrch syndrome

Pedan was a 3rd round pick, Corrado a 5th round, Bieska a 5th, round Edler a 3rd round, Vrbata a 7th round, Bonino a 6th round, Matthius a 2nd rounder Christ half the team is post 1st round picks.... Hansen was a NINTH ROUND PICK should I go on. Benning is supposed to be the super scout. You don't need to be a super scout to see Baertschi has not progressed since his draft year. Clendening ( 17 games played 0+2 ) ... I think had a good year in the AHL the previous season and nothing much since. Let, not suffer from ostrch syndrome

Later round picks yes, it's possible, but the odds still aren't in our favor. Give Baerschi a full year in the NHL before you write him off.

LOL! Dude he has played FIVE games for this team with limited ice-time. He had 2 goals in his last regular season game. He hasn't even been here for 2 months, ffs give him some time. After watching the playoffs, Baertschi wouldn't exactly be the player i would be worried about. It's not like everyone else showed up.

We didn't trade that 2nd round pick for Baertschi because we thought he would be a 2nd liner this year. He will be given a proper shot next year. This season, it was all about him getting ready for next season, and getting used to the organization and the surroundings.

LOL! Dude he has played FIVE games for this team with limited ice-time. He had 2 goals in his last regular season game. He hasn't even been here for 2 months, ffs give him some time. After watching the playoffs, Baertschi wouldn't exactly be the player i would be worried about. It's not like everyone else showed up.

We didn't trade that 2nd round pick for Baertschi because we thought he would be a 2nd liner this year. He will be given a proper shot next year. This season, it was all about him getting ready for next season, and getting used to the organization and the surroundings.

I agree it is too early to predict how Baertschi will do in the NHL, But his playoff performance was disappointing. He was invisible in his first and was buried according to possession (Corsi) numbers in yesterday's game. Given the circumstances, we might have expected more. After all, he is older than Bennett, Horvat, Monahan, and Goodreau but those guys all showed a lot more.

And it is not like he does not know the Canuck system. He has been playing in Utica where the same basic approach is taught (although Travis Green is a bit more defensive in his orientation than WD).

I realize that it takes time to build chemistry with team-mates and he did have a good final regular season game against Edmonton. So the jury is out but it is hard to be more than neutral in terms of expectations at this stage.

He looked good with Vrbata he just needs a different centre. Bonino is to slow.

Baertschi-Horvat-Vrbata.

Bear & Vrby are already in the zone before Bonino passes centre

I really wanna see this line combo after an off-season of solid training for Horvat especially. Could be a legit 1b line.

Canucks reassign Baertschi to Comets:

Vancouver, B.C. – Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the Canucks have reassigned forward Sven Baertschi to the AHL Utica Comets.

Baertschi, 22, has appeared in two playoff games as well as three regular season games with the Canucks, where he registered two goals (2-0-2). He also split time this season between the Utica Comets, the Calgary Flames and the Adirondack Flames. With Utica, he has collected 15 points (7-8-15) in 15 games. Prior to joining Utica, Baertschi played 15 games with the Calgary Flames this season, recording four assists (0-4-4) and six penalty minutes. He has also appeared in 36 games with the Adirondack Flames, collecting 25 points (8-17-25) and six penalty minutes.

The Bern, Switzerland native has appeared in 69 career NHL games split between Vancouver and Calgary collecting 30 points (10-20-30) and 26 penalty minutes.

The 5’11”, 190-pound forward was originally selected by Calgary 13th overall in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft. He was acquired by Vancouver from the Calgary Flames in exchange for Vancouver’s second round pick in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft on March 2, 2015.

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=765398

• Upvote 1

More of Wille's antics in the playoffs. He refused to play Baerstchi or Horvat on the 2nd unit powerplay. No point in relying on Sven to bring offense 5 on 5 because I can see him being a powerplay type of player who will make an impact when there is open ice. Next, I didn't mind his game in Calgary. On that play he tried setting up Mcmillan but Mcmillan was pushed into the goaltender, which somehow resulted into a powerplay for the Flames'. In short, I can see Sven becoming a 2nd line guy averaging close to 40-50 points, I don't see him being a elite stud.

Guest Dasein

More of Wille's antics in the playoffs. He refused to play Baerstchi or Horvat on the 2nd unit powerplay. No point in relying on Sven to bring offense 5 on 5 because I can see him being a powerplay type of player who will make an impact when there is open ice. Next, I didn't mind his game in Calgary. On that play he tried setting up Mcmillan but Mcmillan was pushed into the goaltender, which somehow resulted into a powerplay for the Flames'. In short, I can see Sven becoming a 2nd line guy averaging close to 40-50 points, I don't see him being a elite stud.

And to make matters worse, he didn't even call Bo-Sang up to play on the point on the 2nd unit PP