The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brendan Gaunce | C/LW

b3.

He's back already? I thought he was out till December...

This guy's a fast healer. Great to see!

November 30th was the 6 week mark from his injury, they said he'd be out 3-6 weeks, his return was right in the butter zone, it just sucks that he missed the superseries.
  • Upvote 1

Hodgson still looks like he is treading quicksand. This is coming from a huge Hodgson nut-hugger as well. He has short legs, and therefore a short stride. He has maxed out what god gave him. He won't be getting any faster.

Good thing about Gaunce is that he is alot taller, has longer legs, and his stride has room to improve.

Holy crow, i never noticed, but they are short, aren't they...

Cody+Hodgson+Matt+Duchene+Upper+Deck+NHL+Rookie+hJjF7Psd-Qil.jpg

hodgson.png

I guess we'll see if indeed this plays a factor. Maybe he develops roadrunner wheels.

Here's Gaunce:

146704377_slide.jpg

Gaunce picked up a goal tonight in a 3-2 overtime win over Plymouth. It was a cross crease pass from the corner and he fanned on it a bit but it bounced around and went in (highlights are on their website).

Edited by elvis15

Gaunce picked up a goal tonight in a 3-2 overtime win over Plymouth. It was a cross crease pass from the corner and he fanned on it a bit but it bounced around and went in (highlights are on their website).

So that's.. 3 goals in 4 games since returning from injury? Am I right or a bit off? Either way he seems to be picking up right where he left off.

Don't know how 9th overall (Couture) is underestimated

You of all the ivy tower prospect geeks should know, that draft positioning doesn't determine anything. From what I remember of the 07' draft, it was the big 3 of JVR/Kane/Turris, any of which could have gone 1st that year. As far as I'm concerned Couture went under the radar, if only for being overshadowed.

My point however, was primarily a complement to Gaunce and his playing style. Some of his nasty dekes remind me of Couture, my opinion which was again was meant as a complement.