The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brendan Gaunce | C/LW

b3.

sutter built a team suited to small ice and even then they may not have medaled.

i don't know why everyone thought an inbred farmer that cant hang on to an nhl job was the country's saviour in the first place.

edit: in retrospect i'm not really sure why i posted this in this thread.

Edited by tas

sutter built a team suited to small ice and even then they may not have medaled.

i don't know why everyone thought an inbred farmer that cant hang on to an nhl job was the country's saviour in the first place.

Stay Classy

Because it bears repeating that he's an inbred farmer.

'Well Brent has a long way to go before becoming a full time NHL coach.'

He’s a very small ice-oriented guy as far as understanding the game. He knows his limits coaching wise, but he’s a big name coach who’s a decent motivator and he’s got some good skills. But I see him more as a third- or fourth-line Coach in the National Hockey League, more of a power-play guy."

I really like Gaunce as a prospect. I think a very underrated part of his game is his ability to win board battles. Sure he is winning board battles in the OHL when he is 6'2'' and 205, but what is really interesting is watching him make the smart play, or the right pass, immediately after. That skill should translate well into the NHL, or the AHL at least.

Great thread guys, how about we get back on topic? :sadno:

Anyway, Gaunce's 3 assists and +4 in a 9-0 win for Erie was nice to see. 6 points for Brown, 5 for McDavid, 4 for Pelech and 3 goals for Fox must have made for a pretty highlight filled game. Gaunce assisted on the last three goals (one each for Fox, Brown and McDavid) to close out the game, all at even strength. It looks like Gaunce was on for the first shift of the game for Erie with Brown and Fox as his line mates.

Edited by elvis15

Great thread guys, how about we get back on topic?

Anyway, Gaunce's 3 assists and +4 in a 9-0 win for Erie was nice to see. 6 points for Brown, 5 for McDavid, 4 for Pelech and 3 goals for Fox must have made for a pretty highlight filled game. Gaunce assisted on the last three goals (one each for Fox, Brown and McDavid) to close out the game, all at even strength.

Good to know because even strength scoring is where it's at come playoff time in the NHL.

I love it that Gaunce and Fox have this year to develop chemistry. That will make it much more comfortable for them once they move on to Utica. Is Gaunce eligible for the AHL next year? Obviously Fox is.

Hopefully Utica can make it through a couple of playoff rounds so that our juniors get a chance to move up and play at the end of the season. Horvat, Gaunce, Fox, and Cassels would all have a chance to play I'd assume.

I love it that Gaunce and Fox have this year to develop chemistry. That will make it much more comfortable for them once they move on to Utica. Is Gaunce eligible for the AHL next year? Obviously Fox is.

Hopefully Utica can make it through a couple of playoff rounds so that our juniors get a chance to move up and play at the end of the season. Horvat, Gaunce, Fox, and Cassels would all have a chance to play I'd assume.

gaunce is indeed eligible for the A next season. shinkaruk as well!