The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brendan Gaunce | C/LW

b3.

Is it odd that through 22 games with bulls this year 26 points and 22 games with otters 26 points. I'm attributing it to 1st line low scoring team as opposed to 2nd line high scoring team.

He's on Eries 1st line, i'd attribute it more to his games style and consistent effort level

Edited by WonderTwinPowers

Hey Dangler look at the Kings or Blues, their big guys are not the fleetest of foot but all of them are d sound and clog up lanes and monsters along the boards. Going to need heavy bodies like Gaunce to compete in the Pacific. This division is a nasty big mans division and you better get big or go home.

I'm here. Good for him.

Its great that he's playing at a 1+ point per game pace but at the same time we will see how he does at the pro level. His speed still bothers me

And that's fine that you don't like his speed (more his acceleration/mobility than speed for me) but that doesn't mean he's guaranteed to be a bust. Temper your expectations and understand there are many types of players that succeed in the NHL.

I haven't actually seen Gaunce play a lot so unless you have the posts become irrelevant really. But I have seen him interviewed a few time and what strikes me is he's intelligent and has referred to the fact...he does like to chase but he likes to position himself well. A player that can do that doesn't always need the speed that others do. Example (A) Gretzky was not a fast skater...the puck came to him

I think next year this line:

Fox-Gaunce-Jensen

Will spend the majority of the season in Utica developing chemistry and destroying the AHL together as their second line, or 1b line.

I'm really hoping that the Canucks don't trade top prospects such as these guys at the trade deadline just to rent a player.

I think next year this line:

Fox-Gaunce-Jensen

Will spend the majority of the season in Utica developing chemistry and destroying the AHL together as their second line, or 1b line.

Who does Shinkaruk play with if he doesn't make the Canucks?

Shinkaruk - Dalpe?/Ferriero - Stuart

Fox - Gaunce - Jensen

Edited by Pears

Who does Shinkaruk play with if he doesn't make the Canucks?

Shinkaruk - Dalpe?/Ferriero - Stuart

Fox - Gaunce - Jensen

I actually think Shinkaruk+Jensen and Fox+Guance should be pairs on different lines. With the idea that Shinkaruk-Horvat-Jensen should be a future line with the Canucks.

Shinkaruk-O'Reilly/LaBate*-Jensen

Fox-Gaunce-Grenier

*LaBate I believe is eligible for AHL if he signs this year. He may not start on the top line at the beginning of the season but totally believe he could led the farm team as a 1C by end of the year.

Labate has been playing LW for most of his college career. Hard to say if he'll switch to C in the pros.

If he doesn't, there may be an overload on the left side with Jensen, Fox, Labate and Shinkaruk. Maybe HS or Jensen plays RW full-time next year?

Edited by Canvoucer Vanuck

Labate has been playing LW for most of his college career. Hard to say if he'll switch to C in the pros.

If he doesn't, there may be an overload on the left side with Jensen, Fox, Labate and Shinkaruk. Maybe HS or Jensen plays RW full-time next year?

Isn't Jensen a RW? Or does he prefer playing his off side for a better shooting angel?

It'll be:

Shinkaruk - Pelletier - Grenier

Fox - Gaunce - Ferriero

Kennins - Lain - Jensen

Defazio - Welsh - Friesen/Mallet

Andersson - Corrado

Tommernes - Sauve

Mullen - Biega

McEneny

Archibald and Horvat up with the big club. Though it's pretty much impossible to predict an AHL roster with all the movement. I think Gaunce, Fox and Shinkaruk will all be given a lengthy look by the big club playing most preseason games, eventually being sent down due to numbers. If you're making a top 6 for the Comets you have to include guys like Ferriero and Pelletier as they are effective AHLers and loved by fans.

It'll be:

Fox - Gaunce - Ferriero

Kennins - Lain - Jensen

Andersson - Corrado

Tommernes - Sauve

Mullen - Biega

McEneny

Archibald and Horvat up with the big club. Though it's pretty much impossible to predict an AHL roster with all the movement. I think Gaunce, Fox and Shinkaruk will all be given a lengthy look by the big club playing most preseason games, eventually being sent down due to numbers. If you're making a top 6 for the Comets you have to include guys like Ferriero and Pelletier as they are effective AHLers and loved by fans.

I dont see Jeremy Welsh sticking with this organization after this season. Pretty poor efforts so far 0 points in14 games, and only 1 goal in 19 NHL games. Not to mention that he is a whooping -10 in the AHL.

Considering he is an RFA and this year he has a salary of 1mil i believe...he better start producing or his days are numbered in this organization. I much rather make room for prospects in Utica who can gain ice time or bring in another veteran who is far more effective who can help with development, and plus have an extra contract spot for someone better.

Edited by CRAZY_4_NAZZY

It'll be:

Fox - Gaunce - Ferriero

Kennins - Lain - Jensen

Andersson - Corrado

Tommernes - Sauve

Mullen - Biega

McEneny

Horvat did not look NHL ready in the WJHC. Another of Jr likely

• Upvote 1

Horvat did not look NHL ready in the WJHC. Another of Jr likely

I agree. The worst thing they can do is rush him into the lineup next year. He needs another year of OHL development; a big year would do him wonders. But he's going to be a very good player if he's give the time to develop.

You really shouldnt judge NHL readiness by a two week tournament.

It's just Mere comment harmless comment in regards to a prospect. What do you expect? For us to watch 40 games or so to decide that if a prospect is nhl ready or not? Lets say Horvat had a strong tourny instead, Canucks fans are thinking he will be NHL ready, I can say

"You really shouldnt judge NHL readiness by a two week tournament."

heck some fans even after 4 point night are saying "we need Horvat right now" and probably haven't even seen the guy play!