The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brendan Gaunce | C/LW

b3.

So much attention on Shinks and BH that Gaunce has been forgotten. He played well at camp and didn't look out of place. His skating is not an issue, as some have suggested. I have no doubts that he will see quite a bit of time with the big club during the season and possibly make the team around trade deadline. I think he gets the 4C spot.

So much attention on Shinks and BH that Gaunce has been forgotten. He played well at camp and didn't look out of place. His skating is not an issue, as some have suggested. I have no doubts that he will see quite a bit of time with the big club during the season and possibly make the team around trade deadline. I think he gets the 4C spot.

ya if he can eventually take on a 4th line role this season and grab a couple points quietly I'd be ecstatic.

So much attention on Shinks and BH that Gaunce has been forgotten. He played well at camp and didn't look out of place. His skating is not an issue, as some have suggested. I have no doubts that he will see quite a bit of time with the big club during the season and possibly make the team around trade deadline. I think he gets the 4C spot

I think you're right, can't wait to see him!

Edited by Roflcawptur

• 3 weeks later...

I have always thought that he'd make a good NHL'er, but that he would likely need a little time in the AHL to work on his speed.

He's a pretty complete player, just needs that extra step out of the gate for NHL level.

I think over the course of this season, he'll get about 10 or so games in Vancouver, depending on injuries.