The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brendan Gaunce | C/LW

b3.

12 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

Alfy at it again,  talking out of your furry a$$.  You have watched him play two friggin games this year, one of which he scored a goal when he was literally on top of the goalie and the other game he was barely givin any ice time.  You know little to nothing about Brendan Gaunce, it's very frustrating reading all of your contradicting comments.  Manny Malholtra?  Brendan is being converted to a left winger.

Careful mods are sensetive about spell bad words with other signs:rolleyes:

44 minutes ago, Odd. said:

These are the types of players you will need in your line-up. Gaunce is going to be great on our bottom 6 in the future. Possibly, although not likely, top 6 too.

Where does he fit though? Sutter, McCann and Horvat already have secured the 3 Center positions, so where does he fit? if he is going to be a career fourth liner, then we should trade him honestly if his market is there look at dealing him for a prospect Defence or a skilled LW prospect because although, Cassels is struggling he can too be a 4th line center.

Edited by desiboynux4lifee*******

2 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

Alfy at it again,  talking out of your furry butt.  You have watched him play two friggin games this year, one of which he scored a goal when he was literally on top of the goalie and the other game he was barely givin any ice time.  You know little to nothing about Brendan Gaunce, it's very frustrating reading all of your contradicting comments.  Manny Malholtra?  Brendan is being converted to a left winger.

Personally 5th line.........I think you are doing the same thing...we all are when it comes to Utica and it's players...........we all read posts here and in Utica and form our own opinions, which could be right or wrong, but unless you are a season ticket holder in Utica, then you are doing the same thing by challenging Alf.......you could be more adult

51 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

Where does he fit though? Sutter, McCann and Horvat already have secured the 3 Center positions, so where does he fit? if he is going to be a career fourth liner, then we should trade him honestly if his market is there look at dealing him for a prospect Defence or a skilled LW prospect because although, Cassels is struggling he can too be a 4th line center.

Get over the centre thing.  Travis Green said the other day that he sees Gaunce as a better left winger.  He moved him around based on injuries and callups.  He has put him back on the wing now.  I can't understand why so many guys are fixated on Gaunce remaining a centre because he played there as a junior.

3 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

I've seen much worse things said on here before :P

I think it's all in good fun, and get a laugh from it all.  And my butt is both furry and often crusted with...:emot-parrot: we all cheer for the same team, so we argue a bit.  We're like family.  We pretty much Hate to Love one another.:lol:

i like Guance.  I still think he needs to be a harder to play against player to make the NHL.

• 2 weeks later...

Gaunce needed a bump back to the 1st page. Especially after tonight's game when he was put back on the 1st line with Shinkaruk, except this time he played right wing and Zalewski was the center. Gaunce has played all forward positions and plays special teams so I can definitely see him getting another call up. All of a sudden with the play of Mike Z, that line represents our 3 best prospects not on the Canucks.

A video I stumbled across that could go in the Shinkaruk thread as well. These guys are really hungry to get to the next level.

Edited by canuckledraggin
  • Upvote 2

Gaunce is playing with a hand injury according to this monthly Sportsnet Canucks prospect report. This would possibly help explain the recent fall off in his offensive production.

Vancouver Canucks prospect report: January

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks-prospect-report-january/

Edited by Salmonberries
added bolding