The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

3 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

I look forward to these every game lol. 

Thanks!  I find it has been a way to give a tip of the cap to a current player while also taking a trip down memory lane and see how they stack up against past Canucks.

Heh, it's been a lot of Bo this season.  Combination of Horvat being low enough that quite often a point will allow him to pass someone (although there's a bit of a gap to catch Tallon) and there are only 3 current Canucks ahead of him in all-time scoring.  Two of those are the Sedins who only have each other to pass and Edler who would probably need to have a shot actually make it to the net in order to get a point. 

I'm always disappointed when the Canucks get shutout (well, no stats to post and for obvious reasons).  I've been tempted to post a random Canuck futility stat in the Lastname Placeholder thread.

5 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

Bo for the Lady Byng?

So far this season he's got only 2 PIM.  

Of course, I probably jinxed him now.... like next game he's gonna have a double-minor for highsticking, then getting into a fight, an instigator, and getting a 10 minutes misconduct, lol.  

He's in the race, but there are a lot of great players still at very low PIM numbers like Scheifele (25 points in 21 games, 2 PIM) and Teravainen (20 points in 20 games, 0 PIM).

We’re in year 4 of Bo-lieving, but it still feels like this guy is underrated, like in the radio and stuff I always hear people talking about Brock and virtanen and stuff (for good reason), but rather about Horvat. This guy:

-leads the team in faceoffs taken

-has the highest faceoff win % of all centres on the team

-plays the most minutes amongst forwards

-plays pk, pp, and double shifts at 5v5 for some defensive zone draws (particularly if grandlund’s line is out for a d-zone draw)

-one of the top goal scores and point producers on the team

-over 220 pounds and one of the fastest on the team

-gives a great interview (see recent nhl studios visit) and shows respect and support for teammates

-he’s only 22

seriously, this guy is our best player hands down. Just wanted to throw some admiration his way. He could turn into one of the best all round players in the whole NHL. 

• Cheers 1

21 hours ago, Canadian Clay said:

We’re in year 4 of Bo-lieving, but it still feels like this guy is underrated, like in the radio and stuff I always hear people talking about Brock and virtanen and stuff (for good reason), but rather about Horvat. This guy:

-leads the team in faceoffs taken

-has the highest faceoff win % of all centres on the team

-plays the most minutes amongst forwards

-plays pk, pp, and double shifts at 5v5 for some defensive zone draws (particularly if grandlund’s line is out for a d-zone draw)

-one of the top goal scores and point producers on the team

-over 220 pounds and one of the fastest on the team

-gives a great interview (see recent nhl studios visit) and shows respect and support for teammates

-he’s only 22

seriously, this guy is our best player hands down. Just wanted to throw some admiration his way. He could turn into one of the best all round players in the whole NHL. 

There are people who still say he cannot be thought of as first line C as he doesn't have first line C production yet from start of last season until today, he has 70 points - Toews has 74, Kopitar has 80, Bergeron has 66.....the very players he is trying to emulate himself after and at 22 he is essentially "there" in terms of production.   

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Rob_Zepp said:

There are people who still say he cannot be thought of as first line C as he doesn't have first line C production yet from start of last season until today, he has 70 points - Toews has 74, Kopitar has 80, Bergeron has 66.....the very players he is trying to emulate himself after and at 22 he is essentially "there" in terms of production.   

I agree, Bo is certainly able to play the number one center role.  We do need to have an elite point producer though.  Maybe Boeser is that guy, but I think it's more likely going to be Pettersson.  Our team is going to take a BIG leap forward, when Pettersson arrives.  

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I agree, Bo is certainly able to play the number one center role.  We do need to have an elite point producer though.  Maybe Boeser is that guy, but I think it's more likely going to be Pettersson.  Our team is going to take a BIG leap forward, when Pettersson arrives.  

Nucks will have two elite point producers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lineup sure gets uglier if Bo's out. If it's any extended time...yikes :unsure:

All of a sudden we have no 1C, foisting the Sedins back in to 1st line duty against tougher match ups and bigger minutes where they'll be exposed more like they were last year. 

Sedin, Sedin, Erkisson

Goldy, Gagner?, Boeser

Baer, Granlund/Burmistrov, Vanek

Gaunce, Granlund/Burmistrov, Virtanen

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Lineup sure gets uglier if Bo's out. If it's any extended time...yikes :unsure:

All of a sudden we have no 1C, foisting the Sedins back in to 1st line duty against tougher match ups and bigger minutes where they'll be exposed more like they were last year. 

Sedin, Sedin, Erkisson

Goldy, Gagner?, Boeser

Baer, Granlund/Burmistrov, Vanek

Gaunce, Granlund/Burmistrov, Virtanen

May force JB's hand to make a move, i had a hunch that an injury might occur with Bo playing high mins.

JB needs to solidify that centre depth

2 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

May force JB's hand to make a move, i had a hunch that an injury might occur with Bo playing high mins.

JB needs to solidify that centre depth

C depth is coming with Gaudette and Pettersson both on the cusp but top 6 C depth isn't exactly something a rebuilding team has the luxury of simply 'solidifying' via trade. At least not easily.

We can't really afford the assets required for such a move. It's one of the many reasons we signed Gagner though.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1