The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

Was really disappointed with this pick. The Canucks need a highly skilled, big prospect and it would have been wise to choose Nichushkin. Horvat will likely be a Sami Pahlsson in his prime type guy and Shinkaruk will likely be Mason Raymond. They needed a big skilled powerforward this draft and they didn't act on it.

how many russian fowards have won the cup in the last 3 years? 0. you cant win with russians anymore plus they are to expensive to resign with the cap/khl.

Edited by RustyShackleford

Was really disappointed with this pick. The Canucks need a highly skilled, big prospect and it would have been wise to choose Nichushkin. Horvat will likely be a Sami Pahlsson in his prime type guy and Shinkaruk will likely be Mason Raymond. They needed a big skilled power forward this draft and they didn't act on it.

on a side note I don't think Sammy had near the hands that Horvat seems to have, Bo sees the ice better as well, only real comparison is the defense.

A lot of people with such high expectations here. I remember watching Brampton when they had Spezza and Raffi Torres and Raffi looked like a superstar out there. He got drafted in the top five and look at him now. This could easily be how Horvat turns out so let's give him a chance and don't expect miracles.

Was really disappointed with this pick. The Canucks need a highly skilled, big prospect and it would have been wise to choose Nichushkin. Horvat will likely be a Sami Pahlsson in his prime type guy and Shinkaruk will likely be Mason Raymond. They needed a big skilled powerforward this draft and they didn't act on it.

Nichuskin has low hockey iq.

Your troll attempts are just sad.

• Upvote 1

Oh boy, are you serious?

im sure you've heard this argument before but trading schneider to pick nichushkin had way too much risk involved. if he heads back to the KHL, schneider was given up for nothing. Bo was the can't miss prospect available to us. no crystal ball here, but i see him in the top six after his rookoie season playing as the 3C.

I'm clearly more optimistic than you which is fine, but why not look at the bright side and the reality of what we have in the system? imagine a line of shinkaruk-horvat-kassian. has the big power forward you are looking for, a fantastic all around player in the middle, and a truly elite level skilled goal scorer (has put up more poitns than Mayray in a much tougher league) on the left. AND no risk of those guys leaving the NHL for a massive payday in europe.

Last thing, Sami Pahlsson in his prime has a cup ring. I know you are trying to minimize horvat's skill, but Pahlsson was hugely important to the ducks championship. both horvat and gaunce appear to be on a trajectory above pahlsson's prime.

Yup this guy is a troll. If the Messier thread didn't prove it than this post certainly did. Saying we should've taken Nichushkin over Horvat...sounds familiar.

Edited by Pears

No way. I dont take Nichushkin over Horvat. He has mad outside speed and size but Horvat has a higher hockey IQ , better hands and much better defensive game.

Plus Nichushkin has one power move that only works on big ice. Horvat can force a turnover, turn on the jets and go. He gets such quality breakaways because no one can interfere with him most of the time.

No way. I dont take Nichushkin over Horvat. He has mad outside speed and size but Horvat has a higher hockey IQ , better hands and much better defensive game.

Not to mention we needed some good Canadian prospects in the system. Horvat is the much better overall player than Nichushkin I don't know how that's so hard for some people realize.

Edited by Pears
  • Upvote 3

Not to mention we needed some good Canadian prospects in the system. Horvat is the much better overall player than Nichushkin I don't know how that's so hard for some people realize.

Yep finally some good Canadian boys coming up.

Shinkaruk

Horvat

Gaunce

Corrado

Subban

Almost all captains and stars in junior who look to have very bright futures.

Edited by DeNiro

when they first announced the trade i was like oh were taking nichushkin for sure, and when they took bo i almost threw the remote through my tv.

But when i went and researched Bo i liked the pick more and more, like gillman said he has all the qualities that we want in a canucks player and now its up to us to develop him.

• Upvote 2

when they first announced the trade i was like oh were taking nichushkin for sure, and when they took bo i almost threw the remote through my tv.

But when i went and researched Bo i liked the pick more and more, like gillman said he has all the qualities that we want in a canucks player and now its up to us to develop him.

Exactly how I felt as I was watching to, to be honest Eklunds stupid post about the Nucks being high on Valeri had me going aswell. Couldn't be happier with the selection of Bo though, this is the kind of player championships are won with. An getting a potential offensive beast in Hunter at #24 was just icing on the cake

Edited by WonderTwinPowers

Haha I reacted the same way. However, I was getting the updates on my phone and almost through the phone at my windshield (passenger seat, not driving) instead of a remote at a tv.

Edit: Agree on current feelings as well

Edited by Diamonds

I too was disappointed MG didn't pick Nichushkin, but have since changed my opinion.

Horvat won't score as many goals as Nichushkin but will bring many other + to the team. Valerie is flashy and Russian, which can sometimes end up being high risk as well.

Happy with what Bo can bring to the Nucks. Also see him being a Canuck for many, many years.