The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Erik Gudbranson | #44 | D

-SN-

I like guddy, but we have alot of depth in defence, and i know Edmonton wants guddy ....if a deal could be made for him, id totally let guddy go for  Jujhar Khaira ( he a bc boy too )

I wanted kane alot from buffalo, but the sabres want way to much for him, so the next best thing is khaira 

Edited by Dave "The Hammer" Schultz
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Dave "The Hammer" Schultz said:

I like guddy, but we have alot of depth in defence, and i know Edmonton wants guddy ....if a deal could be made for him, id totally let guddy go for  Jujhar Khaira ( he a bc boy too )

I wanted kane alot from buffalo, but the sabres want way to much for him, so the next best thing is khaira 

Wonder if Colorado may be interested if we can add pieces maybe baer with guddy for Makar?  Gadjo and Makar looked good together on that last goal there tonight lol.  A few nhl pieces may reinvigorate their fan base.  They already have a good RHD in Tyson Barrie.   ^^

8 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Wonder if Colorado may be interested if we can add pieces maybe baer with guddy for Makar?  Gadjo and Makar looked good together on that last goal there tonight lol.  A few nhl pieces may reinvigorate their fan base.  They already have a good RHD in Tyson Barrie.   ^^

Colorado was not willing to move their pick.  They aren't going to trade Makar.  Also Barrie is available - he's not in the right age group.  They are building around MacKinnon, Jost and Rantanen.  That's why they wanted Kamenev and Girard and draft picks for Duchene.  Anyone drafted before 2013 is probably too old.

1 hour ago, Dave "The Hammer" Schultz said:

Not so much for right handers.........Tanev, Stecher, Gudbranson, Chatfield......

Pouliot can play the right side but how much more do they prefer him on the left?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Not so much for right handers.........Tanev, Stecher, Gudbranson, Chatfield......

Pouliot can play the right side but how much more do they prefer him on the left?

Green says Pouliot likes playing the right side.  In Portland he played at times with Morrow who is a LD.  

21 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

It's looking an awful lot like a trade might be on the way. If he's scratched tonight, I'd bet it's there's a great than 50% chance that he's being moved.

Possibly. If I was Gudbranson, I'd be happy to get away from the geeks in this hotbed of analytics. He's still young and will play his best hockey yet. 

If it is true that he's being traded, it's too bad. The Canucks will go back to being punching bags. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Possibly. If I was Gudbranson, I'd be happy to get away from the geeks in this hotbed of analytics. He's still young and will play his best hockey yet. 

If it is true that he's being traded, it's too bad. The Canucks will go back to being punching bags. 

I totally agree.  But maybe Guddy told JB he’s not resigning with us?  Guddy seems a stand up guy, who would be up front. 

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I totally agree.  But maybe Guddy told JB he’s not resigning with us?  Guddy seems a stand up guy, who would be up front. 

If that's the case, I'm happy that Benning is potentially getting ahead of the deadline. If not, that's no so good. 

49 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Green also says he likes playing guys on their natural side...

Green was saying that with Pouliot it didn't matter which side he played and that he prefers the right side.  Was after he paired him with Edler.  Pouliot says it himself:

1 hour ago, mll said:

Green was saying that with Pouliot it didn't matter which side he played and that he prefers the right side.  Was after he paired him with Edler.  Pouliot says it himself:

That's great on the PP! Or an offensive draw...

Its a different ask to swing in on your backhand to pick up the puck on the boards, under pressure from a forward screaming in on the fore check. In your defensive end. With your back to who is open & where they are headed to make an outlet pass under that pressure. It is a recipe for more mistakes.

That is why coaches who like defensive fundamentals do not like D men on their off side. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

That's great on the PP! Or an offensive draw...

Its a different ask to swing in on your backhand to pick up the puck on the boards, under pressure from a forward screaming in on the fore check. In your defensive end. With your back to who is open & where they are headed to make an outlet pass under that pressure. It is a recipe for more mistakes.

That is why coaches who like defensive fundamentals do not like D men on their off side. 

The way Green answered that question it didn't sound like he was concerned.  Green had him in Portland and would know which side he plays best.  

9 minutes ago, mll said:

The way Green answered that question it didn't sound like he was concerned.  Green had him in Portland and would know which side he plays best.  

The way Green answers that question; When he has three right handed D, Pouliot plays the left side. His strong side.

And when he is quoted, he is quoted as preferring guys on their strong side.  What happens, what he decides in less ideal circumstances is that he may be comfortable with DP there as his best available option? Not his first one...