The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ben Hutton | #27 | D

Samk

I'm not worried about Bart. Moves the puck well, plays physical and can skate.

One thing I've noticed this preseason is how much better the team is at transitioning out of our zone and he's part of that (along with Hutton) IMO.

He's not flashy but he's a solid 4/5 guy.

Just hoping that the Bartkowski that shows up in 2015-2016 is the guy that played well enough to be the no. 4 guy with the Bruins in 2013-2014 and not the stiff who watched nearly 1/4 of the season from the press box in 2014-2015.

Bounce back year for Bartkowski will be welcomed.

Back to Hutton -- this kid has surprised me. Back in mid September, I didn't expect him to make the jump to the NHL, but he looks like he's the real deal.

Horvat, Baertschi, Virtanen, McCann and Hutton...awesome that the kids are getting exposure to the Sedins while the Sedins still have something left in the gas tank.

• Upvote 2

Hutton Number 7. Good for him to get some recognition.But I think his play in helping clear the zone and get outlet passes up and into the offensive zone will help take pressure off Tanev and Edler. If they can relax some more they can have fun and play their game. I think Hutton will have a positive effect on the other D. Sure he'll get beat like that bounce pass off the board but he'll learn to read those plays.

Too high for me honestly, he's never played more than 40 games in a season.

I can see him putting up 25 points 4 G 21 A

Seems about right, if he can get above 20 points I'd say thats a success. Although his success can be measured in more than points as a defenceman. If his offensive game takes a hit but he's an upgrade over guys like Weber and Sbisa defensively then he should still be a part of our top six and that'd be a huge positive for a rookie d-man.

• Upvote 1

“There are points where I’m like: ‘Holy smokes, this is the NHL and the best league in the world,’” Hutton admitted. “I don’t show it on the outside, but there are definitely times when I’m very nervous on the inside, because this is pretty surreal.”

Edited by Stierlitz

Not sure if this had been posted already but just watching the TSN Season Preview Show, which I had PVR'd, and noticed that Bob Mackenzie had Hutton down at number 7 on his list of the top 10 rookies for this upcoming season.

Pretty impressive considering that the first two on his list are McJesus and Eichel.

Edited by MJDDawg

No kidding I was just thinking that.. Edler was up there in potential but he's in his prime now and can't get a shot through the Dman to save his life haha

Man I thought Edler was gonna be a Lidstrom lite. Does anyone remember how good he used to be?

• Upvote 1

Man I thought Edler was gonna be a Lidstrom lite. Does anyone remember how good he used to be?

Edler needs an offensive partner to get the most out of him. Without one he's simply a very good, physical D with a heavy shot. If he had more of a mean streak, he could have been Ohlund-esque.