The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Getting RNH From EDM

I see the sense of Benning wanting a player like the Nuge but definitely not at that price. Way way too much.  Horvat and Virtanen are exactly the type of player we want to continually bring in.  But young talented players especially with speed and more who may or may not be working out as planned with their current team.

Other players that fit this criteria include....

R. Strome

C. Wilson

J. Drouin

M. Granlund

K. Nadri

R. Nuge

Here's some just to name a few.  Personally I like the first 4 more than the latter two.

I would love to be able to get Tom Wilson out of Washington OR Drouin OR C. Wilson.  

However not at the expense of Horvat, Virtanen, Boeser, Hutton and perhaps Baertschi.  Sven is inching closer to a core keeper by the day.  Anyone else is trade able on this team if I were in charge, for the right price of course.

But I trust Benning to the core.  He's doing an unbelievable job in my opinion.  I love this time of year.  What intrigue Benning brings to the table for Canuck fans during these upcoming summer months.  Keep up the good work Trev and JB.

1 hour ago, Nucks89 said:

RNH is an elite two way center. Virtanen will max out as a second liner if lucky.

RNH's first season 40 games 24 points.

Virtanens first season 55 games 18 points....

Elite two way center

2nd liner if lucky.

I just can't anymore,

20 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

RNH's first season 40 games 24 points.

Virtanens first season 55 games 18 points....

Elite two way center

2nd liner if lucky.

I just can't anymore,

you are so bad, i dont even need to put in an effort. 

RNH's first season is 62GP 52pts. He also played it at the age of 18. 

How old is Virtanen again? Bet that's the only thing you could potentially know. 

2 hours ago, Nucks89 said:

RNH is an elite two way center. Virtanen will max out as a second liner if lucky.

You can always join the Edmonton fan base. Then you won't have to write threads about getting Edmonton players.

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

HA!  I'm in before this gets locked. 

I like RNH.  He's a fine young player.  I think the cost would be a lot less than you suggest though: Sbisa and a 3rd should get RNH.  I don't think JB would do that even though.

This is the most ridiculous part of this thread. A 3rd and an albatross for RNH? What the heck is wrong with Canucks fans?

39 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

you are so bad, i dont even need to put in an effort. 

RNH's first season is 62GP 52pts. He also played it at the age of 18. 

How old is Virtanen again? Bet that's the only thing you could potentially know. 

Oh dear apologies how terrible of me I missed a year and put in the shortened year, how bad am I

Because, regardless of me missing his 62 games played 52 point season where he was a top line player getting solid minutes and PP time, his shortened season was 40 games played and 24 points, his 3rd year was 8- games 56 points and then another 56 point season.

All while playing top line or top 6 minutes with PP time.

FAR from an elite 2 way center so far.

Where Virtanen and his terrible awful self played 3rd and 4th line minutes with almost 0 pp time and put up 13 points in 55 games as a winger.

So please, while I am sooo bad and you feel the need to not even try, do put a modicum of effort in and let us know why you obviously feel it's a good deal, seeing as how you completely failed to address that at all

39 minutes ago, Me_ said:

You can always join the Edmonton fan base. Then you won't have to write threads about getting Edmonton players.

Totally. RNH elite? Oh man. He's Doogie Howser on skates. Virtanen would (and will) break him wide open.

1 hour ago, zzbottom said:

This is the most ridiculous part of this thread. A 3rd and an albatross for RNH? What the heck is wrong with Canucks fans?

Considering you're a Canuck's fan, being on this board, why don't you answer your own question?

I like RNH, but as a winger on a third line getting 2 to 3 mill. He's not worth much in my books - from a Canuck's fan Point of View.

10 minutes ago, Nucks89 said:

I opened a can of worms. Guess l overvalued the big Nuge.

RNH is a fine player, but in the Cap era, he is WAY overpaid.  His value in trade is pretty low.  Don't you think the Coilers tried to get Gudbrandson, and offered guys like Nuge, Eberle, and Yaks?  In the Cap world teams need to pay big money to players, who contribute to wins. If Nuge was paid 2 mil. then he would have value as a third line centre, where he should be playing.

Archived