The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Getting RNH From EDM

2 minutes ago, Spotted Zebra said:

He's gotten his two way game considerably better, and is likely on the verge of a breakout season. But he's too fragile for this division and too much of a risk for the value we are giving up in return. 

Couldn't agree more. Horvat and Virtanen are much better suited to help the Canucks in our division than RNH.

So...you're offering our 2 current best NHL prospects in a center not named  Sedin, and our best and fastest winger 

For a 23 year old 56 point center with a $6 million contract that a freaking Sedin abused so badly he left for 2 months with a shoulder injury....

Sure

While I'm not opposed to obtaining RNH, any cost we would pay for him would be way too high for it to be palatable. Keep Horvat and Virtanen. Horvat is primed for a breakout season in the next couple of years and Virtanen should be there soon after.

49 minutes ago, Nucks89 said:

To Van:RNH, possible add.

To EDM: Horvat, Virtanen 

Thoughts?

Thoughts? I think you'll have to explain that better and not just say "possible add" to try and account for value.

We don't swap Horvat for RNH anyway, and I don't think that's the return Edmonton would want if they move one of their big forward pieces since they already have center depth.

50 minutes ago, Nucks89 said:

To Van:RNH, possible add.

To EDM: Horvat, Virtanen 

Thoughts?

HA!  I'm in before this gets locked. 

I like RNH.  He's a fine young player.  I think the cost would be a lot less than you suggest though: Sbisa and a 3rd should get RNH.  I don't think JB would do that even though.

28 minutes ago, Nucks89 said:

RNH is an elite two way center. Virtanen will max out as a second liner if lucky.

RNH has not shown he's an 'elite two way center' as of yet.

I wouldn't even trade Horvat straight up for Ryan.

Archived