The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Keith Yandle's rights to Panthers

Florida obviously in need of a quality defenseman with experience. They are most likely three regulars short right now with Gudbranson, likely Mitchell and Campbell gone. All of whom play 20+ minutes each per game.

Florida can and will pay him what he is asking for. They can afford it and they need him badly.

4 minutes ago, DeltaSwede said:

Trades like this must put a lot of pressure on the player to sign with the team. 

No, it puts pressure on the GM who gave away the pick to get a shot at someone. 

2 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

No, it puts pressure on the GM who gave away the pick to get a shot at someone. 

Yes, and the player.. You are being asked to sign a contract by people that have given up assets to have the ability to sit down with you. I would feel pressured into signing because I'd feel bad if I didn't. I know it's a business but wouldn't that be in the back of your mind as well? 

8 minutes ago, DeltaSwede said:

Yes, and the player.. You are being asked to sign a contract by people that have given up assets to have the ability to sit down with you. I would feel pressured into signing because I'd feel bad if I didn't. I know it's a business but wouldn't that be in the back of your mind as well? 

Hamhuis didn't feel pressured.

3 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Hamhuis didn't feel pressured.

I'm sure he did. He only really had one team he wanted to sign for though, for both professional and family reasons. I think Yandle has got a few more on his list.

Of course you would feel the pressure if a team has gone out of their way to gain more time to negotiate with you. If you wouldn't then you're just cold hearted man. I'm not saying you have to sign but you would for sure feel you owe them something, otherwise you just don't have any empathy. 

Archived