The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

1 minute ago, R.Dahlin26 said:

What on the earth is this lol.... It goes to the SM liiga wiki page

Do you have a direct link to a report saying Juolevi has the flu which is the cause of his healthy scratch?

Or are you making this up?

??? I don't understand you.   Go to the league news site.  I gave you background on the league as you seem to not have heard about it.    I read that site weekly.    You need some Finnish.   Google translate isn't very good for it as lots of hockey slang.    You = horse.   News = water.   Rest up to you.

3 minutes ago, R.Dahlin26 said:

What did you read?

Can you write out the quote about Juolevi, would be much appreciated.

Written out for you - here you go.   I am not your secretary so please learn Google and a bit of Finnish.

Juoleviin tähtien rookie on sairastunut viime viikolla ja jotkut eivät pelaa säännöllisesti seurauksena.......

1 minute ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Written out for you - here you go.   I am not your secretary so please learn Google and a bit of Finnish.

Juoleviin tähtien rookie on sairastunut viime viikolla ja jotkut eivät pelaa säännöllisesti seurauksena.......

Can you give me a direct link to where you read that? Would like to read the whole thing.

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

No but if Hesky gets the flu will he simply just play as he is beyond that kind of concern as he is super human?   Was odd that at WJC OJ logged massive minutes and Hesky was benched.   

Give all these kids a chance to grow and even get sick.   

Heskanien lead his team in ice time and was laboring an injury. 

41 minutes ago, R.Dahlin26 said:

That's true, but comparing Heiskanen to Larsen was kind of odd lol

If Juolevi was doing what Heiskanen is doing he would get ton's more hype. They play the same position and are 1 year apart in age so it is fair to compare their seasons so far especially with them playing in the same league.

Oh, im sure the likes of you would find something to complain about...

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Darius71 said:

Oh, im sure the likes of you would find something to complain about...

Yup, I'm sure complaining about Pettersson right now!

If you don't have anything to advance the discussion it's better to stay out of it.

I'm asking a simple question here where I and I'm sure other posters are wondering why Juolevi was a Healthy scratch. Someone is stating he had the flu and all I'm asking is for a source.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, R.Dahlin26 said:

Yup, I'm sure complaining about Pettersson right now!

If you don't have anything to advance the discussion it's better to stay out of it.

I'm asking a simple question here where I and I'm sure other posters are wondering why Juolevi was a Healthy scratch. Someone is stating he had the flu and all I'm asking is for a source.

Yup, you are offering a lot right now, ill do the right thing and move aside...

1 hour ago, R.Dahlin26 said:

Heiskanen is a year younger and is having a much better season than Juolevi. They play on the same ice surface. Ya Heiskanen does play D and he's putting up impressive offensive numbers as well and isn't being healthy scratched. Not to mention he plays 28 minutes a night is the go-to guy as an 18-year-old .

But back to Juolevi, was it reported he has the flu? Really curious or was it due to his compete level or defensive play? All I'm getting is that he was a healthy scratch.

You are acting like OJ is having a poor season. He's having an awesome year. No reason not to be excited, regardless of the benching. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, cyoung said:

You are acting like OJ is having a poor season. He's having an awesome year. No reason not to be excited, regardless of the benching. 

How do you figure that all I'm asking is why he was Benched? Was it because of his play or an illness lol

Some of ya'll get way to bent out of shape

Edited by R.Dahlin26
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

By that logic, Pettersson could never leave Sweden. 

I'm not saying your wrong, just the chances of Heskainen and Pettersson having an impact at the NHL level are good enough that we can be pretty confident it'll happen. 

Neither player is a lock at this point.

A player can have all the skill in the world but not be willing to put in the necessary work to make the next level. It wouldn't be the first time.

Regardless, just because Heiskanen is doing better than Juolevi right now doesn't mean both can't be key pieces for their teams in the future. I don't know why we always find the need to pin two players against each other.

1 minute ago, R.Dahlin26 said:

How do you figure that all I'm asking is why he was Benched? Was it because of his play of an illness lol

Some of ya'll get way to bent out of shape

As a 19 year old, being benched is normal in pro leagues. He may of been sick as well, or a nagging injury. The latter would make more sense considering how well he has played. 

3 minutes ago, cyoung said:

As a 19 year old, being benched is normal in pro leagues. He may of been sick as well, or a nagging injury. The latter would make more sense considering how well he has played. 

Not really. If you're a key part of your team you won't be scratched. Just look at all the u20 drafted players in European leagues. All of them are playing big minutes and have not been healthy scratches at all.

If Juolevi was a healthy scratch because of his play that would be a red flag to me because right now he is a sheltered second pairing d-man in the Liiga. If it's because of a need for rest, that is also concerning because he only plays 16-20 minutes a night and has had conditioning issues in the past.

Now if it's because of Illness or a nagging injury like you suggest then it would be a non-issue.

That's all I'm asking for here. Just want a simple answer.

56 minutes ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

Heiskanen   has nothing to do with Juolevi.  It can be considered trolling, plus Heiskanen   is killing it at 18, Juolevi is killing it at 19. 

Posters are quick to draw the Horvat v. Nichuskin or the Brock v. Konecny comparisons but yell troll when it's done in a less flattering situation. Let's not be snowflakes. Heiskanen is having a better season while being one year younger. Doesn't hurt to acknowledge.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, guntrix said:

Posters are quick to draw the Horvat v. Nichuskin or the Brock v. Konecny comparisons but yell troll when it's done in a less flattering situation. Let's not be snowflakes. Heiskanen is having a better season while being one year younger. Doesn't hurt to acknowledge.

I think the reason people like to make those comparisons now is because st some point in time a certain faction of CDC loved to say “shoulda taken Nuke” or “shoulda taken Konecny”.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, guntrix said:

100% agreed.

He is putting up the same amount of points in 5 less games being 1 year younger.

What concerns me most about Heiskanen though is his absolute unwillingness to battle hard along the boards.  With Juolevi we've seen him dig, fight and be that cerebral guy waiting for the puck.  Miro seems far less willing than Olli to push in 

Nobody can or should knock what Miro Heiskanen is doing this year.  But then we know that Juolevi can play on a smaller surface and muck it up and be successful.  Where as watching Heiskanen shy so far away from contact in general should give anyone pause before he steps on to a pro surface in North America

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, guntrix said:

As was already said, people bring up Bo and Brock because before they were in the NHL, some people kept saying they were the wrong picks and we should have picked other prospects instead. So no, that isn't actually a good comparison to this at all. Not to mention, Juolevi has been having a great year himself, so it's odd that some of you on here don't want to acknowledge that.

Edited by The Great Canucks

2 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

??? I don't understand you.   Go to the league news site.  I gave you background on the league as you seem to not have heard about it.    I read that site weekly.    You need some Finnish.   Google translate isn't very good for it as lots of hockey slang.    You = horse.   News = water.   Rest up to you.

C'mon, daddy -- spoon-feed!