The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

As I wrote 10pages back, TPS is continuing to slump. Bad decision from veteran players, not playing hard enough. It is really hard for young/rookie player to play in this kind of environment. Every step that Olli takes on the ice is analyzed, measured or what ever. He is playing in Liiga, developing and that's the most important thing. He has Sami as a coach/mentor.

As R.Dahlin26 wrote he was -2. 1st goal: Eric Perrin, veteran player throws a cross ice pass from own corner that gets picked up by SaiPa player and Olli tries to block shots. Only thing Olli could do is come up the ice little bit faster, however even that's debatable. 2nd goal: Olli is trying to pinch on blue line, however is rather undecided. Puck gets by him, but SaiPa player stays in own end. Another SaiPas players picks up the puck, goes by Henrik Tallinder and Tomi Kallio isn't fast enough on backcheck. Again, not Ollis goal, however he could have played the situation with more confidence.

Overall, not a big mistakes, rather mistakes that are part of development. I think Olli will thrive in NA.

Petrus Palmu was frustrated and was yelling at referee, who gave him 10min misconduct.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I was at the game last night. Whole team was bad but gotta say that Juolevi didnt stand out positive way either.

Bad giveaways and passes straight to opposite.

Its been rough for him lately.

Bostons latest 1st round pick Vaakanainen on the other hand dominated the game.. one of the better skaters ive ever seen.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Rush17 said:

They said. He didn't seem sharp after he came back from the world Jr's. Likely all the travel and adjusting his internal clock.  That's why they initially sat him.  Perhaps they want to ease him back into it or he's battling a nagging injury.  The kids only 19 years old.  He was one of the youngest I'm his draft year.  We have absolutely nothing to worry about. This kid shined at the world Juniors.  Let's just give him some space and let him play. Wait til he's 23 before starting to expect bigger things.

Oh I'm aware of that, I'm more curious as to why, granted from a distance, the team appears to be in disarray as well. And largely in the same time frame. 

16 hours ago, DallasDrake said:

I was at the game last night. Whole team was bad but gotta say that Juolevi didnt stand out positive way either.

Bad giveaways and passes straight to opposite.

Its been rough for him lately.

Bostons latest 1st round pick Vaakanainen on the other hand dominated the game.. one of the better skaters ive ever seen.

What were the seats like.  It has been years since I was in that rink and I remember funky site lines.

Of interest is full team skate today and OJ was missing (given day off?  Maintenance?).    Did you notice if he was labouring?   They play again tomorrow I believe (or Thursday, cannot remember) so will be interesting to see if he is back in or off again for something.

8 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

What were the seats like.  It has been years since I was in that rink and I remember funky site lines.

Of interest is full team skate today and OJ was missing (given day off?  Maintenance?).    Did you notice if he was labouring?   They play again tomorrow I believe (or Thursday, cannot remember) so will be interesting to see if he is back in or off again for something.

Maybe he is sick....

• Upvote 3