The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

2 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

Anytime buddy.

Didn't they play Olli while his knee was sore? Boeser when his wrist was sore, flying Demko on a plane with a concussion.  Drawing blanks on other examples.  Basically leading the league in injuries year after year as well.  Sick of it

Do you have any medical background?  Can you make an educated determination about cases and patients without better information?  

This isn't like sending Lindros to bed with a Pneumothorax which turned into a tension Pneumothorax and could have killed him.  

Players get hurt and play thru injuries.  Not every player reports pain and injuries the same way.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

I have a lot of experience and knowledge when it comes to concussions and I wouldn't be sticking a concussed player on a plane so soon, for one.  

Not taking your experience with concusions for granted, but flying isn't necessarily an issue.  Medical staff are available to consult prior to an injured player taking a flight.  

Big differences in how people fair with concussions and how severe they may be.  Dr Recchi might not agree, but if Demko was authorized by team docs to fly and is doing just fine, maybe the docs were right.  

11 hours ago, BlackRedYellow said:

Wow... 599 pages of Olli talk... is that the hottest and longest topic ever in this forum? :frantic:

The more impressive thing is the Loui Eriksson thread (in the Current Rosters section) has 114 pages. It was made July 1st 2016. The Loui Eriksson trade thread in the rumours section has 150 pages since June 14th of THIS year. I don't wanna brag, but we are pretty bombastic with our dislike as made evident by both the Juolevi prospect thread and the Eriksson trade rumour thread. B) Nobody hates our players more than we do.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Have to admit I lol’d:

Ya...but I would take Oli over Poolparty any day...I don't  want Tchapuke on my team...we have Ferland now anyway...and Laine looks like headache to me.

...Dubois is good but Oli will be better ...so that leaves Mathews...Benning should have circled Mathews in red and then Oli in black and then I am good with the map and the process...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Ya...but I would take Oli over Poolparty any day...I don't  want Tchapuke on my team...we have Ferland now anyway...and Laine looks like headache to me.

...Dubois is good but Oli will be better ...so that leaves Mathews...Benning should have circled Mathews in red and then Oli in black and then I am good with the map and the process...

I would have picked Dubois over Juolevi in a heartbeat. But, yes i still agree Olli will have a long career, barring any major injuries. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, KKnight said:

I would have picked Dubois over Juolevi in a heartbeat. But, yes i still agree Olli will have a long career, barring any major injuries. 

My list was:

Matthews

Laine

Puljujarvi

Dubois

Tkachuk

Joulevi

My dream in the draft would have been Puljujarvi and I thought Dubois was a near lock to drop to us.

I liked the Joulevi pick and feel he will round out into a core every situation D man for us soon.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Dubois will be a stud.  Would not want Matt Tkachuk either.  Pool party is looking like a trainwreck ATM, but that could change.  We still need defense and that highlights why JB took OJ in the first place.  

One can argue that MT was the player to take, but we still need defence.  One could say that Serge was the better choice, but no one was arguing for McAvoy.  OJ has had some injury problems, let's hope that is settled for  now.  I want to see what the kid can do this camp.  

Really looking forward to seeing OJ, Woo and Hughes at camp.  Haven't seen that kind of young talent on defence since Elder was a boy.  

• Upvote 3