The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign F Loui Eriksson [6 year x $6M AAV]

Just now, LuckyLuciano said:

He's got an6 year deal now, lets see how durable he'll be when hes not playing for minutes and a contract

Considering how he did in Dallas last time he had a six year contract, and the fact that he's well-known by Jim Benning, Willie Desjardins, Henrik Sedin and Daniel Sedin, I'd say his work ethic will be good...

..and that his contract won't dictate his injuries.

4 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

6 years for a player in our position is premature at best. 

We will be in the race for the playoffs this season, and this certainly helps get us there.

3 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

How much does this make Boedker worth?? Dane for Hansen to join up with.

Button trolling him -- "he's never scored 20 goals in a season yet."

Just now, LolClarkson said:

Those contracts are the market. So if Ericssons is lighter on years and money compared to those contracts then its a good deal and not an over-pay

Plus talent and finesse won the cup last year. Not brute force ala Bakes, Ladd Brower Lucic

Totally agree with your take on what won the cup.

but we are not cup contenders now or within the next 3-4 years.  By then sedins will either be gone or past due along with eriksson.

Not trying to say you're wrong with agreeing on the signing I'm just not in the agreement camp

Like it, wish we'd also signed Brouwer. Still expect we will re-sign the Twins for a couple more years at which point they will still be two of the best players in the league, saying this in relation to the term of the contract for Eriksson.

4 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

6 years for a player in our position is premature at best. 

I don't agree with the "our position" logic though.   Improving at every opportunity is not dependent upon "our position".   You take every opportunity to improve.

I would have preferred 5 years of course, but I can live with the term - and I'm not Nostradamus.   If I were betting, I'd be far more concerned about giving 7 years to Lucic...

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Spoosh said:

Now Vanek 1 year @ 1M, please.

I'd be interested, but... what role would he really fill? Loui is playing with the twins, and we don't have a lot of other playmakers to set a guy like Vanek up for the onetimer.

The only thing I could think is that he'd be a great mentor for Jake Virtanen, make sure he focuses on his ripper of a shot.
I just don't see Vanek bringing much more than Vrbata brought, but 1 mil is pretty easy to stomach...

I love this,

Can score. Very quick. 6'2". Under rated defensive forward. Only complaint is does not make us any nastier to play against up front. Dorsett is still our go to tough guy up front. Okposo or Lucic would have helped in that regard.  But Loui is the better player IMO.

The term?  Can't play the UFA game, expect good players & not pay the price.

This is as good as you can get in this method of building your team?

Welcome Loui Eriksson!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Welcome to Vancouver Loui!

Eriksson's numbers

30 goals

33 assists

+13

48 takeaways +21 turnover differential

+9.0 relative corsi (4th on the Bruins)

51.2% offensive zone starts (11th on the Bruins), 52.7% offensive zone finishes (2nd highest on the Bruins)

+1.170 relative quality of competition (4th strongest on the Bruins)

19.5 minutes / game.

Can he maintain those numbers in this division/conference?