The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

5 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Did I speak of Luongo? Burrows nearly stopped his speech due to the moron fans... 

You really have no clue do you?

The fans were yelling Loooouuuuuu......just like they always did when he played here. For your information Vancouver Canuck fans (the majority)  still love Luongo. 

They did NOT boo Luongo.   Sheesh.

Edit:  anyway, back to Loui talk.   Is he gone yet?   :mellow:

Edited by Kanukfanatic

2 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

You really have no clue do you?

The fans were yelling Loooouuuuuu......just like they always did when he played here. For your information Vancouver Canuck fans (the majority)  still love Luongo. 

They did NOT boo Luongo.   Sheesh.

And I've already said I have to cleanse my ears. It's not far between boo and Loo. 

2 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Edit:  anyway, back to Loui talk.   Is he gone yet?   :mellow:

No, he's actually allowed toplay now, he got a Green card. 

15 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

And I've already said I have to cleanse my ears. It's not far between boo and Loo. 

No, he's actually allowed toplay now, he got a Green card. 

No problem with your ears.  You probably weren't a Canuck fan back when Lu was on the team.  The Luuuuuu sounds just like a boo to the 'untrained' ears.

Gotta Green card lol.  Good one.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

If Cory Schneider can be waived,.

if Ilya Kovalchuck can be sat while presently producing .5 ppg..

Then Eriksson can be waived to Utica,. And should be without hesitation.

I haven't followed his play after Willie was no longer the head coach of LA; but he really gave Kovalchuk a raw deal.  If I recall, he was still putting up points but the AHL coach in his infinite wisdom put him on the 4th line.  Of course he ain't going to produce there (and he never was a checker - at least Louie Eriksson was a solid two-way winger in his prime [too bad we got the version that was well past his due date]).

But as to your point....yes.  If those guys could be put on waivers.  Eriksson could.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

If Cory Schneider can be waived,.

if Ilya Kovalchuck can be sat while presently producing .5 ppg..

Then Eriksson can be waived to Utica,. And should be without hesitation.

It's pretty obvious LE should be waived to Utica.  Why then is he not?  Can anyone come up with a more valid reason than my "gentleman's agreement" with JB and FA?

47 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It's pretty obvious LE should be waived to Utica.  Why then is he not?  Can anyone come up with a more valid reason than my "gentleman's agreement" with JB and FA?

Green has let him pay for the interview by putting him in the pressbox. Why send him to Utica and let him play? 

And when we get a lot of injuries Loui is a safer bet defensively than a few others. 

42 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Who is “FA” ?  ... for 100.   

but that gentleman’s agreement will progressively have us trading, or waiving away another player who is a dynamic piece of this team..  If it’s the possibility of Motte, Schaller, Leivo?

They give top notch contributions and should stay with the Canucks. They are dynamic contributors and compliment a strong healthy line up.

The ones I would rather see go are Eriksson, Bartschi, or possibly even Sutter.

Eriksson is a root cause to a problem that may worsen this team just by having him stay on the roster.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Green has let him pay for the interview by putting him in the pressbox. Why send him to Utica and let him play? 

And when we get a lot of injuries Loui is a safer bet defensively than a few others. 

He gets ice time , and can reinvent his game.. this team is better defensively without him.

Eriksson does not win games defensively for us..  the rest of the team wins with its offensive drive.

Your best Defensive IS, and always be a dynamic offence.

5 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Loui sat in the press box because there were better on ice options. Injuries put him back on the ice.  Unfortunately for Loui the Canucks forward group is getting healthy.  There will be no room for him here unless he takes the spot of another player more deserving.   

Edited by Borvat
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

Who is “FA” ?  ... for 100.   

but that gentleman’s agreement will progressively have us trading, or waiving away another player who is a dynamic piece of this team..  If it’s the possibility of Motte, Schaller, Leivo?

They give top notch contributions and should stay with the Canucks. They are dynamic contributors and compliment a strong healthy line up.

The ones I would rather see go are Eriksson, Bartschi, or possibly even Sutter.

Eriksson is a root cause to a problem that may worsen this team just by having him stay on the roster.

Francesco Aquilini.

I agree with everything you say here.  LE is hurting our chances for winning by taking up a roster spot.  Why then is he not in Utica?  I can't think of any other reason than there is a gentleman's agreement to keep him up here.  

A poster quoted Dhaliwal saying (at the start of the season) that Green wanted to send LE down, but JB wouldn't allow that.  

The dots seem to line up here.  

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Francesco Aquilini.

I agree with everything you say here.  LE is hurting our chances for winning by taking up a roster spot.  Why then is he not in Utica?  I can't think of any other reason than there is a gentleman's agreement to keep him up here.  

A poster quoted Dhaliwal saying (at the start of the season) that Green wanted to send LE down, but JB wouldn't allow that.  

The dots seem to line up here.  

I really hope not.    That’s management privileging a player who is redundant, and a player who wants to be classed as “special”.

That is “cancer” in a room itself.

21 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

louie will be here until JB  decides what to do. i don’t think, what the fans want even enters his thinking.  thankful we only have one gm. 

Well at least Benning stated that if a player does not earn his right to be here, . He won’t be.

5 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Well at least Benning stated that if a player does not earn his right to be here, . He won’t be.

except i think there is another part of the story that we don’t know. we are all guessing on the reason. someday the whole story may come out. then we’ll say, ahh, that is why. 

• Cheers 1