The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

On 8/21/2020 at 3:13 AM, Timråfan said:

And he took the defensive pressure of Horvat so Horvat could play as he wanted.

The reason Loui should be on pp1 is to take pressure of Petey, Hughes etc because he will tie up people around the goalie. He got the iq to move so the defence have a hard time with him one man short. It's the position he used to score earlier so why not use him at his best... Pk, with Horvat and on pp1. 

you might have a case for PP1 if not for the fact that Loui's reaction time is gone, he can no longer score the way he used to in front of the net. You'd be better off putting anyone else on the team in front of the net. 

I do agree 5 on 5 tho he did help Bo and Pearsons line. 

21 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

you might have a case for PP1 if not for the fact that Loui's reaction time is gone, he can no longer score the way he used to in front of the net. You'd be better off putting anyone else on the team in front of the net. 

I do agree 5 on 5 tho he did help Bo and Pearsons line. 

Well, in a serie that takes a toll on the players muscles Loui could have stepped in with fresh legs and battle in front of Lehner. Especially since Toffoli disappeared and went from an asset to a burden for his line.

This decisions should come quicker for Green. Sometimes it seems he is either stubborn or afraid to make hard decisions. 

Pearson went missing also against Vegas... 

15 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Well, in a serie that takes a toll on the players muscles Loui could have stepped in with fresh legs and battle in front of Lehner. Especially since Toffoli disappeared and went from an asset to a burden for his line.

This decisions should come quicker for Green. Sometimes it seems he is either stubborn or afraid to make hard decisions. 

but Loui kind of disappeared in his last couple of games too. Maybe he had an injury. 

21 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

I don't know what you're smoking. 

How could this decision come quicker for Green? He isn't stubborn and it's not a hard decision. Green made the right choice by parking Loui's ass in the press box.

In what world can you call Toffoli a burden for his line when that is basically the definition of Loui these days. Is this bizzaro world?

5 minutes ago, Pink Sock said:

I don't know what you're smoking. 

How could this decision come quicker for Green? He isn't stubborn and it's not a hard decision. Green made the right choice by parking Loui's ass in the press box.

In what world can you call Toffoli a burden for his line when that is basically the definition of Loui these days. Is this bizzaro world?

Because an injured Toffoli can't give Pearson and Horvat what they need. 

Loui was good at that. 

19 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

but Loui kind of disappeared in his last couple of games too. Maybe he had an injury. 

Yes and it happened before. But Vegas hadn't adapted for that line with Loui so it might have been really good for Horvat and Pearson. 

If Loui was injured it wasn't much to do. 

22 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Because an injured Toffoli can't give Pearson and Horvat what they need. 

Loui was good at that. 

What exactly was it that Loui was good at?

EDIT: Don't worry about it, not worth our time. 

Edited by Pink Sock

20 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Yes and it happened before. But Vegas hadn't adapted for that line with Loui so it might have been really good for Horvat and Pearson. 

If Loui was injured it wasn't much to do. 

Loui is a boat anchor and so is his contract.   Borderline line 4th line player who can PK.  Other players will have to leave because he can't acknowledge the game has passed him by.  The Canucks, have at least to this point, not embarrased him by demoting him or bad mouthing him.  Same can't be said for Loui.

Loui E has had a great career.  Made a ton of money.  Surely he has enough money now for a great retirement.

Getting scratched now from the roster and watching from the stands must be brutal for him to go through.  He is a pro and his pride must be taking a beating.

Really hoping he does the right thing now and decides to retire. 

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Borvat said:

Loui is a boat anchor and so is his contract.   Borderline line 4th line player who can PK.  Other players will have to leave because he can't acknowledge the game has passed him by.  The Canucks, have at least to this point, not embarrased him by demoting him or bad mouthing him.  Same can't be said for Loui.

Yeah, I know, tell Green to hire me. 

15 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Yeah, I know, tell Green to hire me. 

Will you be able to get Loui to realize his best before date is passed and it's time to hang em up without becoming an even bigger embarrassment?  If so they should hire you.

I would tell Loui that he will be playing out the remainder of his contract in the AHL.

His options are:

1. Accept that. 

2. Have his agent find a team that will take his contract in a reasonable trade

3. Agree to mutually terminate the contract and have his agent find him another team who needs a defensive forward at a reasonable contract rate.

I would refuse to buy him out, it wouldn't save us anything against the Cap. He has never in the time that he's been here, come close to meeting the expectations relative to the teams commitment to him.

Time to play a little hardball.

• Vintage 1