The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

8 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Benning is the head of the organisation and should protect every single person in his organisation. It is one of many tasks he has as a GM.

He is responsible for making the Canucks as good as a brand he can. Making players take shelter from social media only shows how clumsy he is dealing with journalists. I would send him to a media training expert.

well, no leader is perfect or does not make mistakes. Loui is in control of his own comments, he should maybe be responsible enough to not talk to the media at all at a sensitive time. There's enough blame to go around on this one. 

• Upvote 1

This is currently a minor distraction in July that will turn in to a major one if not dealt with before October.

Regardless of what you think of him, his comments, his usage or his 'treatment' by the coaches/management (:rolleyes:), they can't IMO afford to have him back here next year with the press constantly pressuring the situation, digging for comments from other players, fans booing him etc. It will be a major distraction in a season where they very much need to push toward improving/making the playoffs and need to not have major, negative distractions.

Whether that's by trade, demotion to Utica, loaned to another AHL team, mutual termination or retirement....doesn't really matter.

Edit: It may even be in their best interest to deal with it before camp. Otherwise every other question will be about him.

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I sure hope his family wasn't hassled in any way. 

It makes sense to move them back to a known, stable situation in Dallas as Loui only knows he won't be here, but doesn't know where he'll end up. That would be tough on the kids so better to get them re-settled now. 

A school the kids like... the money to provide a good life wherever you want: sounds like they know what they are doing.  So many hockey players marry and begin families when they are quite young; interesting culture.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, J-P said:

LE did say that he and green hadn’t agreed to a 100% on things and that it was tough playing when he didn’t have the trust he’s had from previous coaches. 

IMO he knew full well what he was doing when he said that, although it seems a bit out of character for him. If he didn’t, well, then he’s not a very insightful pro...

Read the whole original article instead of a lot of others interpretations.

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

well, no leader is perfect or does not make mistakes. Loui is in control of his own comments, he should maybe be responsible enough to not talk to the media at all at a sensitive time. There's enough blame to go around on this one. 

My answer to that is thst Loui is a hockeyplayer and Benning the GM.

wich of them do you think should know best how to deal with a journalist?

4 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

My answer to that is thst Loui is a hockeyplayer and Benning the GM.

wich of them do you think should know best how to deal with a journalist?

I think they are both professional men. 

1 minute ago, Timråfan said:

In completely different areas. A GM is supposed to handle media.

come on, Loui isn't a child. He's a professional man in his 30s. He can handle it just fine on his own. 

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

This is currently a minor distraction in July that will turn in to a major one if not dealt with before October.

Regardless of what you think of him, his comments, his usage or his 'treatment' by the coaches/management (:rolleyes:), they can't IMO afford to have him back here next year with the press constantly pressuring the situation, digging for comments from other players, fans booing him etc. It will be a major distraction in a season where they very much need to push toward improving/making the playoffs and need to not have major, negative distractions.

Whether that's by trade, demotion to Utica, loaned to another AHL team, mutual termination or retirement....doesn't really matter.

Edit: It may even be in their best interest to deal with it before camp. Otherwise every other question will be about him.

I beleive that if there has been no communication in return from Eriksson after Bennings attempts.. before “camp”.

I see Eriksson in the GMs office being told that he is going to be waived at an “appropriate time” where they see a possible Team needing his numbers to balance a Cap Issue.. then he gets waived.  And hopefully someone picks him up.

That.. obviously not a total loss to us considering,  The relationship dissolves,. it clears about 3.5 -4 m per in our Capspace,. and we have roster room for a player/prospect.

I think Benning is probably looking for a team right now with Cap Issues to take Eriksson for “something”..  but every other team probably sees this coming.

Just to have Eriksson gone has far more upside than getting anything in return.

13 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

In completely different areas. A GM is supposed to handle media.

You expect a GM to sit down with every player that is interviewed, any where in the world.. your ridiculous..  full of excuses regarding a player on a contract for almost 40m for 6 years of work.

You must play hockey like him?  Lace em up , and try to look pretty. Lol

Edited by SilentSam

Just now, SilentSam said:

You expect a GM to sit down with every player that is interviewed, any where in the world.. your ridiculous..  full of excuses regarding a player on a contract for almost 40m for 6 years of work.

You must play hockey like him?  Lace em up , and try to look pretty. Lol

Hey @SilentSam do you see the (soon to be announced) Ferland signing as the definitive indication that Loui is gone?  Whether it’s Utica or retirement, he’s done? 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Hey @SilentSam do you see the (soon to be announced) Ferland signing as the definitive indication that Loui is gone?  Whether it’s Utica or retirement, he’s done? 

Yes..   I think Benning now will address the dead weight on the team,. Perhaps we see guys go to Utica, or traded for soft picks just to clear at least buffer of Capspace.

I don’t think that players like , Tanev, Sutter, Bartschi, or Eriksson , will be with the Canucks by the start of November.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1