The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

2 hours ago, PlanB said:

If true,  and Loui wants to play that game - he can discover the hard way that Edmonton would've been far better than Utica.

I'm not sure about that...have you seen Edmonton's roster?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The 5th Line said:

Yeah it literally makes me want to puke and laugh at the same time..

Draisaitl - McDavid - Kassian
Nygard - RNH - Chiasson
Lucic - Gagner - Granlund
Khaira - Cave/Haas - Jurco

Klefbom - Larsson
Nurse - Russell
Jones - Benning

Their top four D don't actually look that bad ha decent balance....that forward group though........

• Upvote 1

On 7/12/2019 at 1:48 AM, Timråfan said:

This is what Benning should have said directly when he was asked about this.

can Benning turn back the time?

The $&!# has already hit the fan but it's good he finally said the right words.

You’re clearly on LE’s side in all of this. JB should send him away as quickly as possible. 

10 hours ago, PlanB said:

If true,  and Loui wants to play that game - he can discover the hard way that Edmonton would've been far better than Utica.

Couldn’t agree more. Sick of this entitled bs from LE. 

If I was JB I’d AHL him at this point just to make a point regarding effort. 

Its funny how quickly LE forgets Travis defending him with his “little things” comment. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Timråfan said:

I'm on the teams side. Which clearly not fans like you are.

And the best outcome for the team is to dump Loui’s six million dollar cap hit.  So, that’s either by trade, which is not possible.  No team wants a player who clearly can no longer play.  That leaves Loui getting sent to Utica, or he retires.  What’s the best outcome for the team?  

48 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And the best outcome for the team is to dump Loui’s six million dollar cap hit.  So, that’s either by trade, which is not possible.  No team wants a player who clearly can no longer play.  That leaves Loui getting sent to Utica, or he retires.  What’s the best outcome for the team?  

It's only 1 mill saved by shipping him to Utica... And some players will be less interested in the Canuck brand.

Is that really what you want?

Ferland is in the team now so the neanderthal fans can rest their eerie minds. :bigblush:

• Wat 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I don't think LE gets sent to Utica.  It would only be a cap savings of $1m and would create some negative ideas about the Canuck management. 

JB is still looking for a viable trade.  Loui still has a NTC (until next year), but I"m quite certain he would agree to waive it if JB can find a suitable trade. 

With the recent bonus being paid off, it lowers LE's annual salary, but the 6m cap space remains.  JB may find a team that will take Loui with 1-2 m retained.  This would leave the Canucks with 4-5 m cap space.  Loui @ 2-3m for 3yrs would be great for a team trying to reach the cap floor.  At that price, LE still has enough hockey in him to be a positive addition to a team.

We still have a couple of months to see this happen.  It certainly is a win scenario for everyone involved.

Edited by higgyfan
  • Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Loui @ 2-3m for 3yrs would be great for a team trying to reach the cap floor. 

Higgy; I agree in principle with most of your posts but there are no teams that are struggling to reach the cap floor this year. The only ones under the cap floor at the moment are Winnipeg, Colorado and Ottawa and they all still have a number of players to sign. With that in mind they may; however opt to take on Eriksson's contract or a part of it but at what price to the Canucks? I have a feeling that JB has already been looking into this but has not, as yet, found a suitable partner and at a fair price.

I do hope that they can move on from him as it would be a distraction to the team if this carries on into the pre-season and/or beyond.

1 hour ago, Timråfan said:

It's only 1 mill saved by shipping him to Utica... And some players will be less interested in the Canuck brand. 

Is that really what you want?

Ferland is in the team now so the neanderthal fans can rest their eerie minds. :bigblush:

40 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I don't think LE gets sent to Utica.  It would only be a cap savings of $1m and would create some negative ideas about the Canuck management

JB is still looking for a viable trade.  Loui still has a NTC (until next year), but I"m quite certain he would agree to waive it if JB can find a suitable trade. 

With the recent bonus being paid off, it lowers LE's annual salary, but the 6m cap space remains.  JB may find a team that will take Loui with 1-2 m retained.  This would leave the Canucks with 4-5 m cap space.  Loui @ 2-3m for 3yrs would be great for a team trying to reach the cap floor.  At that price, LE still has enough hockey in him to be a positive addition to a team.

We still have a couple of months to see this happen.  It certainly is a win scenario for everyone involved.

Any player out there with half a brain would not be concerned in the least with watching a team send down a player that has underperformed year after year. Especially since that player is still getting paid NHL money. 

It is allowed by league rules, rules that the NHLPA agreed and signed on to.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Higgy; I agree in principle with most of your posts but there are no teams that are struggling to reach the cap floor this year. The only ones under the cap floor at the moment are Winnipeg, Colorado and Ottawa and they all still have a number of players to sign. With that in mind they may; however opt to take on Eriksson's contract or a part of it but at what price to the Canucks? I have a feeling that JB has already been looking into this but has not, as yet, found a suitable partner and at a fair price.

I do hope that they can move on from him as it would be a distraction to the team if this carries on into the pre-season and/or beyond.

Good point KG.  I had forgotten how the Sens jumped into the swamp to save the Leafs.

Perhaps it will have to be defferred to the following offseason, which actually makes it an even better offer.

I'm sure JB is uncovering every rock; searching high and low for a viable trade.

I though this was an interesting article...

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/patrick-johnston-benning-says-canucks-have-a-plan-in-place-for-any-salary-cap-scenario

3 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I had read this as well and we shall never likely know what is in their heads and what options they have up their sleeves but good to know that they are looking at every option available to them to find a solution t works for both the Canucks and Loui.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

I dont buy into the negative image if loui is sent down. 

Players still sign with the leafs after marleau robida lupul

Players still sign with Anaheim after luke schenn

Players still sign with buffalo after berglund debacle 

Players still sign with the kings after &^@#ing over mike richards

As of right now he looks like the worst forward on the 23 man roster. If he gets outplayed by another he should be sent down. Thats the way the cookie crumbles. He's got no one to blame but himself. 

I don't recall a high profile player that can still play in the NHL being sent to the AHL.  I remember when Higgy was sent down (and I hated it) but his game had slipped badly.  A lot of respect for Chris though...he just did his time without a whisper of negativity.

I don't know if the Nucks do it for the 1m cap relief though.  They might if they think LE is blocking a more deserving young player though.

58 minutes ago, gurn said:

Any player out there with half a brain would not be concerned in the least with watching a team send down a player that has underperformed year after year. Especially since that player is still getting paid NHL money. 

You're not talking about the worst player on the roster... You're talking about the player on the roster not worth six million.

I don't have a problem with players sent down to Utica. It's a good idea to have depth so you can have 3 players in Utica you can call back if/when we're struck by injuries and don't loose in quality. But it should be the worst three players. Not as a punishment due to management listen to angry, idiotic fans.

• Wat 1

1 hour ago, gurn said:

Especially a player who is supposedly an experienced guy that is a leader in the room, but who is clearly a selfish guy who’s a complete and utter distraction to the team.  Loui cannot, should not, and will not be in the Canuck’s room again.  He retires, or he rides buses, eats greasy meals, and shares cockroach infested motel rooms with three video game addicts, who keep him up all night with the loud sounds of “Donkey Kong”.   Guy is a disease that must be extracted, completely.  

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1