The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Twelve Cops Shot In Dallas Five Dead After Protest Over Recent Killings

SabreFan1

11 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

OR perhaps it's simply the work of an already mentally unhinged person that's been enraged by the recent cop killings?

Everybody always tries to make everything a freaking political issue. 

I'm not arguing the shooter was motivated by any political ideologies.

Simply stating that the right wing media always tries to put blame anywhere but where it belongs.

4 minutes ago, Dr.Strangelove said:

No one should be suprised he said the same things after the moncton shooting

Edit seems Electro rocks post was removed along with those who quoted it

Electro himself should be removed for posting that.

Good on the mods for removing that demented filth.

6 minutes ago, clam linguine said:

I said it was a islamic terrorist act not a gun issue.  This could be classified as a new kind of terror.  What is the hypocrisy.

You telling others that even talking about guns was "politicising the issue", was disrespectful to the victims and took away attention from Omar Mateen.

Yet here you are saying the "liberal media" is at fault. How is this not the exact same thing that you railed against?

The sad part is the vast majority of black people are good people and the vast majority of police officers are good people.

Yet the media will single out a small percentage of each group and look to demonize them and pin people against each other.

Just now, KelownaCanucksFan said:

Look at the videos that are all over the news and social media. They are celebrating and taunting the police around the area

I would say they're protesting the police. Typically that involves getting in their faces and showing them they're not scared.

Assuming that they're celebrating the peoples deaths is a bit of a stretch.

3 minutes ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

Look at the videos that are all over the news and social media. They are celebrating and taunting the police around the area

And what you posted was a series of still photos that you can't assume anything from. Its pretty common for protests groups to sing as a show of solidarity, but there are a lot of bigots out tonight willing to twist anything they can to fuel the fire because they know like-minded people will retweet it without any evidence. They just see what they want to see.

2 minutes ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

And what you posted was a series of still photos that you can't assume anything from. Its pretty common for protests groups to sing as a show of solidarity, but there are a lot of bigots out tonight willing to twist anything they can to fuel the fire because they know like-minded people will retweet it without any evidence. They just see what they want to see.

It's all about fanning those flames.

There's alot of "us vs. them" mentality going on in the States right now on alot of different fronts.

The Divided States of America is stronger than ever.

Its unfortunate but these are events (and the shooting of the minnesota black man earlier) that could set off fatal riots, especially leading up to the election in November with the political rhetoric heating up. This has happened before, for example the 92 Los Angeles riots, or the Watts riot. 

7 minutes ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

Exactly. If they were cheering then why would they help capture the shooters. These are obviously a couple of nutjobs that chose this moment to turn something to peaceful into something ugly. 

2 minutes ago, Heretic said:

The right to bear arms does not give you the right to shoot/kill innocent people.

RIP to the victims and thoughts and prayers to those affected by yet another senseless tragedy.

Innocent? They were members of a hostile paramilitary group.

4 minutes ago, Toews said:

They need to issue an apology to this guy as he was unfairly assumed to be a killer.

You know what though, that kind of gives me a bit of hope in all of this. That's exactly how responsible officers should handle that situation, even with all the danger happening around them. If enough reasonable people like that take it upon themselves to start changing things maybe a difference could be made. I do hope somebody makes things right with him.

21 minutes ago, Toews said:

You telling others that even talking about guns was "politicising the issue", was disrespectful to the victims and took away attention from Omar Mateen.

Yet here you are saying the "liberal media" is at fault. How is this not the exact same thing that you railed against?

Eh...anyways...the reason I "rail"  against liberals like yourself is because this is an example of the society your beliefs will yield. This is only the beginning.  I don't hold it against you, I was a Liberal when I was young too.  If you are over forty or so...you have no excuse.

Archived