The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Things that annoy you.

Rate this topic

numb3r 16

15 minutes ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

Well, I spent two and a half hours filling in a job application and carrying out psychometric tests, only to be instantly rejected on the basis of the results of a BS personality assessment.

That annoys me.

Can I ask where you were applying to that required such testing?

1 hour ago, 112 said:

Can I ask where you were applying to that required such testing?

PwC UK.

Previously made it to the final interview for a position with them in Luxembourg as well which makes it all the more frustrating. Can't apply to any more positions with them now for another 6 months.

Edited by Scottish⑦Canuck
14 minutes ago, riffraff said:

When there is an entire open beach and some family literally sets up camp 6' from you after you have worked all holiday weekend.

mind boggling.

Just get naked:lol:

Or it's 25 degrees and some punk kid starts a fire and all the smoke blows your way.

• Haha 1

The Millennial Attitude...not all Millennials have it, and some GEN X'ers do...so I'm not generalizing this attitude as being all Millennials...it's the attitude that bugs me (not my problem, not my responsibility, not my fault and worst of all...unjustifiably proud).

I once had a guy blow through a yield sign and almost plow into the side of me. He pulled into a business a block away so I pulled in as well and advised him (nicely) that he missed a yield sign back there and almost hit me. His answer: "well, I'm not from around here". No apology, no thanks for letting him know...nothing...just it wasn't my fault 'cause I'm not from here...what a friggin' douche attitude.

Had another guy pull in front of me (I am driving a Class 8 vac truck...very heavy and hard to stop). He cut me off then slammed on the brakes in front of me to make a left turn. I dynamited my brakes to avoid killing the guy (I would have driven right over him). I tapped the horn to let him know that what he did was incredibly stupid...and I got the finger for my efforts to save his life.

The problem with the attitude is that it is destroying the civility of life. What happens is we who would otherwise be kind and courteous begin to lose that...what you're left with is the whole world ticked off at each other instead of respecting each other...and trying to justify it.

3 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Just get naked:lol:

Or it's 25 degrees and some punk kid starts a fire and all the smoke blows your way.

Lol they were about to start a fire too.

dropping the gear is a good idea.

ill call you from prison after lol.

Politicians 

americans

deer (eat my garden)

slow walkers/ looky loos/ people on their god damn phones not looking up when they’re walking!

skinny jeans

sloppy toques

know it alls

Consumers/ people who make unnecessary amounts of garbage

On 2018-05-22 at 10:07 AM, ABNuck said:

The Millennial Attitude...not all Millennials have it, and some GEN X'ers do...so I'm not generalizing this attitude as being all Millennials...it's the attitude that bugs me (not my problem, not my responsibility, not my fault and worst of all...unjustifiably proud).

I once had a guy blow through a yield sign and almost plow into the side of me. He pulled into a business a block away so I pulled in as well and advised him (nicely) that he missed a yield sign back there and almost hit me. His answer: "well, I'm not from around here". No apology, no thanks for letting him know...nothing...just it wasn't my fault 'cause I'm not from here...what a friggin' douche attitude.

Had another guy pull in front of me (I am driving a Class 8 vac truck...very heavy and hard to stop). He cut me off then slammed on the brakes in front of me to make a left turn. I dynamited my brakes to avoid killing the guy (I would have driven right over him). I tapped the horn to let him know that what he did was incredibly stupid...and I got the finger for my efforts to save his life.

The problem with the attitude is that it is destroying the civility of life. What happens is we who would otherwise be kind and courteous begin to lose that...what you're left with is the whole world ticked off at each other instead of respecting each other...and trying to justify it.

True dat.! 

7 hours ago, Nancouver said:

Politicians 

americans

deer (eat my garden)

slow walkers/ looky loos/ people on their god damn phones not looking up when they’re walking!

skinny jeans

sloppy toques

know it alls

Consumers/ people who make unnecessary amounts of garbage

i hate you too.

• 2 weeks later...

My smoke detector is going off.  It's going bad.  It's beeping 3x within a min and again and again.  I called the after hours maintenance line, and our maintenance supervisor is on vacation, and they have someone filling in.  I called 2x.  The thing is, I have 14 ft ceilings with no ladder, nothing to stand on, and both smoke detectors are pinned to tbe ceiling.  The first time was to report that it was randomly going off.  I explained the issue, and was referred to the leasing manager who comes in at 10am tomorrow.  The smoke detector went off again and again an hour later.  I waited, and an hour after that, it was going off again, again, again, again! While I was on the phone with the on-call person. He pauses, thinks, and tells me he lives in Shoreline.  I explain it again, and tell him while it's going off again - oh there it goes!  He said he is calling the manager.  And he just called back, telling me that he will fix it tomorrow.  Little precious is freaked out, and I am going to sleep in the lounge, and post a note on my door that I am sorry, the on-call person does not want to come out and fix it.  It's loud.

The smoke detector is sort of fixed.  I spoke with the leasing manager when he came in at 10am.  I was there waiting for him.  He explained that smoke detectors going off all night are technically not an emergency issue, and it's up to the on-call person if they want to come out or not.  I advised oh yes it is!  When you have 14 ft ceilings with the smoke detector pinned to the ceiling with nothing to stop it - no ladder, etc, no sleep, and this was affecting the neighbors as well.  

Came to be, this was not a battery issue, this was an older smoke detector that was not replaced, and it was going bad.  The manager disconnected it, and has another smoke detector on a ledge seperating the kitchen and bedroom.

I re-explained again, and that this cannot happen again.  I asked about a ladder and what I can do if this was to happen again.  I was advised that there is no ladder for tennant use. So if this happens again, they have to fix it, but there is a reset button, and I can take a broom, and press the button using the stick of the broom, but that what not the case, it was the smoke detector going bad.

If my neighbors have this issue with their smoke detectors, oh boy I am going to be calling the after hours maintenance ad well, and making sure others do it too.

• Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, Mainly Mattias said:

when people have children with the thinking that a child will save the relationship.

it just screws up the child(ren). stop being selfish and short sighted. fix the problem. don't make it worse.

So many people I graduated with, good lord. They're only just hitting their mid twenties and several of them have had "relationship emergency flotation device" babies. 

Hypercompetetive little league coaches that make a scene and set a really, really bad example for the kids..

These kids are 8-9yrs old, champ.

There are no scouts in attendance. 

Your kid will not be turning Pro, or getting a scholarship this year, same goes for every kid out there.

They're playing to have fun. You're definitely not having fun.

Sort your life out. You're a huge loser.

11 minutes ago, BananaMash said:

So many people I graduated with, good lord. They're only just hitting their mid twenties and several of them have had "relationship emergency flotation device" babies. 

never thought that it happened but yep, it happens. poor kids.

aside: *waves* Hi BM! Good to see you!