The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

World Cup of Hockey - Canucks players discussion

Sedin Brothers

17 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

This is a good point that many posters (particularly new ones, but not always) could learn from. If you've looked for a similar discussion because you have an idea you'd like to hear feedback on but it doesn't exist, people will be more receptive to reply.

Also, if you want to create a thread, put the effort into it you'd expect to receive back from people replying. If you create a thread saying, "hey, look at this: random link," then expect very little back from it. The same goes for what could well be copy/pasting 3 rosters (only one of which has Canucks players on it - and then not including another roster that does) but not saying anything else about why you created the topic.

Yup, the one you linked has a +29 on the OP (when I last looked) and lots of comments saying great post. And then this one.............

The two threads could be examples of do's and don'ts in topic creation.

And you are really tempting me with spiderman images ::D 

10 hours ago, Sedin Brothers said:

You guys seem to be a little sensitive over a message board.

The thread is fine, and so is the content in it. In fact, the people complaining about the thread are putting less input then the content displayed in the personal thread. It is a discussion thread on the Canucks players in the World Cup of Hockey. If you do not feel that it pertains to this message board (which it does), allow moderation to do this job. Otherwise, it would be wise to quit spamming and polluting threads with irrelevant nonsense.

While I could argue that statement is ignorant because you know nothing about me or my knowledge of the WCH, but what does your post really add to this discussion.

If this thread is duplicated, it can be locked. But it hasn't yet, so lets keep it on topic.

there

you have my negative vote as well

your posting is vague and you are offended by commentary which i think is valid

don't post if you cannot accept meaningful criticism

i already understand that you will not agree with my views

so don't waste any space responding

On 29/08/2016 at 7:41 AM, Sedin Brothers said:

You guys seem to be a little sensitive over a message board.

The thread is fine, and so is the content in it. In fact, the people complaining about the thread are putting less input then the content displayed in the personal thread. It is a discussion thread on the Canucks players in the World Cup of Hockey. If you do not feel that it pertains to this message board (which it does), allow moderation to do this job. Otherwise, it would be wise to quit spamming and polluting threads with irrelevant nonsense.

While I could argue that statement is ignorant because you know nothing about me or my knowledge of the WCH, but what does your post really add to this discussion.

If this thread is duplicated, it can be locked. But it hasn't yet, so lets keep it on topic.

The reason I criticised you for a lack of fore thought was because you seemed to randomly list three team rosters, only one of which contained canucks players, and they weren't even up to date, hence the criticism of your research. 

I think the canucks players will do well?!? Does that satisfy your demand for input? If their teams do well, they have a better chance of doing well I guess. How about that? 

That's the beauty of a tournament like this, you kind of have to watch because anything can happen. Very hard to predict who's gonna do what.

Canucks World Cup Preview

Over on Team Sweden, the Sedin twins, along with the newly acquired Eriksson, will almost certainly form a trio together. The three of them have experience together, specifically, at the 2013 World Championships where Sweden took home the gold. Over the course of that tournament, each player scored at an at least point-per-game clip, with Henrik going well over that (nine points in four games).

Will this chemistry exist by the time opening night of the NHL season rolls around? Who knows, but the World Cup will be a great opportunity for what is expected to be the Canucks first line to get going early. Should they even come close to replicating their World Championships performance at the World Cup, they’ll have momentum in their favor heading into the 2016-17 campaign.

8 hours ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

Henrik named as captain for Team Sweden,  Daniel and Karlsson as alternates. 

It's a joke that Henrik hasn't been captain since 2008. Well deserved. Not only are they the greatest Swedish athletes of all time, but they are the greatest athletes of all time period. 

Wooooo!  Loui Lou I !!!!  Anybody who says Ericksson is a soft Swede has never seen him play!  Working well with the twins, good on the cycle and forecheck, and is relentless on the puck around the net!  

Didnt realize how much I missed this game!  Summer sucks!  Let's go Fall and Winter!  

26 minutes ago, TheOgRook said:

Wooooo!  Loui Lou I !!!!  Anybody who says Ericksson is a soft Swede has never seen him play!  Working well with the twins, good on the cycle and forecheck, and is relentless on the puck around the net!  

Didnt realize how much I missed this game!  Summer sucks!  Let's go Fall and Winter!  

Yes he is gonna be a real stud for us this year.i think he will prove out to be a great bargain in a few years time , but, the dividends will be instantaneous this year.

4 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

I've been watching this game so far, haven't seen anything from the Canucks line that has made me excited. Here's to hoping they get better.

Ummm, controlling the puck, two near goals for the twins, one of them a tip attempt off the rush that just missed.  A bank in goal created off another great rush by our guys, Ericksson not giving up in the puck banks it in after a couple wacks at it..  Marky mark looking sharp.  All this in the first exhibition game of the WC..  Think you need to go back to bed as clearly you aren't paying any attention ;) 

Archived