The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Poll) Who should be the next Alternate Captain?

Roger Neilsons Towel

(Poll) Who should be the next Alternate Captain?  

284 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 hours ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

Split the difference?  223 pounds 

still my choice for the A. I would not want to go into a corner with him.

EW. 

Christ by the time he plays his first game some of you guys will have him on a level with some monster out of greek mythology. He played his whole career in the east and according to a lot of people on here that is a weak non physical conference. I have yet to hear of a player who was terrified to play against the Gudbranson monster.

Wanting him to wear the A does not make him a deity. 

Horvat is too young and needs to work on his development. No one else appeals to me.  

Gudbranson does play physical. Watching his fights, I would want no part of that. 

I I like his game... So what?  Do I expect him to make a difference and show some leadership on our roster?  Hell yes.  That is why he was brought in. 

EW

8 hours ago, Coconuts said:

I'd go with Edler tbh, him or Tanev. I like having an A on the back end for whatever reason and those two are the longest tenured.

Edler?!?!?!? 

Easily the most boring, non demonstrative, non motivational player in the team.  Looks like he's in a coma at all times.  Lol.  Edler.

tanev isn't much different.

On 9/1/2016 at 1:52 AM, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

My vote was for Bo Horvat for the following reasons:

• I believe he has excellent leadership skills
  • He works hard and leads by example
  • Very mature for his age/experience level
  • He seems to be the leader among the younger players
  • I believe he can handle the pressure
  • IMO, he could be the future captain and I think they should start him down that road now to gain leadership experience before he inherits the "C"

Yep! I got nothin more than this! well said

I'm with so many people and think Horvat will be a great leader one day....and that's the thing. One day, but not today. Don't put the extra pressure on him, just let him play, focus on his game and develop, develop, develop. There are others who can take that leadership role now and will be gone soon.

I voted for Burrows because the guy is heart and soul and plays his heart out. Refs may not like him or whatever but he's a leader on the team and knows the ins and outs of it all. He knows how to delay, to argue his case and teach those little tricks that mean the difference of a tired team on an icing to a team that got 30 more seconds on an icing.

An option I'd like to have seen on that list was give it to who earns it later in the year. Don't fill the position and let someone earn it and want it.

Holy smokes folks its Alternate Captain, not GM/President and coach. Linden was in year 3 when they rotated the C with him.

Didn't seem to hurt his career at all. In year 4 they gave him the C full time. I don't think it would put any burden on him with the A. Maybe too young for the C.

It's not like we're making him deputy chief of a fire department, or second in command of a rife company storming Juno beach. 

15 hours ago, coastal.view said:

you know your posting is actually biased

you did not list the goalies

you are aware we had luongo as our captain for a time ?

not that i approved of that decision, but it appears those in control of the team did

so you should add the goalies to the selection list

You're really reaching there... :rolleyes:

And yes, I am aware of the Luongo captaincy. 

FYI - This poll is at the maximum allowed choices for a poll on this forum... Soooo... There's that. 

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Holy smokes folks its Alternate Captain, not GM/President and coach. Linden was in year 3 when they rotated the C with him.

Didn't seem to hurt his career at all. In year 4 they gave him the C full time. I don't think it would put any burden on him with the A. Maybe too young for the C.

It's not like we're making him deputy chief of a fire department, or second in command of a rife company storming Juno beach. 

:lol:

On 01/09/2016 at 0:10 AM, 5Fivehole0 said:

There are 3 word errors that I cannot stand in life... Sorry in advance...

Turrets being spelled or pronounced "turrent"
When people say "Member?", instead of remember
And finally, when people say "Assistant Captain"... It's alternate. It has always been Alternate Captain. I don't know where assistant came from but it's wrong >.>.

Sorry again...

End Rant

BoHo gets the A

I fixed it for you, even though I've been playing hockey for almost 30 years and have only ever heard and used "Assistant Captain", however the NHL rulebook seems to agree with you so I will use their terminology for the purposes of this poll. 

I'm still using "Assistant Captain" on the ice when I'm playing though! :lol:

13 minutes ago, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

I fixed it for you, even though I've been playing hockey for almost 30 years and have only ever heard and used "Assistant Captain", however the NHL rulebook seems to agree with you so I will use their terminology for the purposes of this poll. 

I'm still using "Assistant Captain" on the ice when I'm playing though! :lol:

Hahaha, I would have just told me to get bent :P, but you're obviously av better person than I.

:P

4 hours ago, Hortankin said:

Part of me wants it to be Bo, but I feel it may be too early. Burrows has done a lot for this franchise, give it to him for his last season as a Canuck and hand it to Horvat next year. That would be the most ideal thing to do IMHO.

this 100%

Burr is the obvious choice but I don't think it's relevant if he has a letter on his crest. He'll lead regardless and be accounted on in the locker room and on the ice. 

If not Burr then edler or Hansen... I'd prolly go Hansen. So I'll just vote for Hansen. 

14 minutes ago, apollo said:

Burr is the obvious choice but I don't think it's relevant if he has a letter on his crest. He'll lead regardless and be accounted on in the locker room and on the ice. 

If not Burr then edler or Hansen... I'd prolly go Hansen. So I'll just vote for Hansen. 

Either of these would be good choices.  Like the idea of Burrows this year, and then when he retires, give it to Horvat.

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 0:10 AM, 5Fivehole0 said:

There are 3 word errors that I cannot stand in life... Sorry in advance...

Turrets being spelled or pronounced "turrent"
When people say "Member?", instead of remember
And finally, when people say "Assistant Captain"... It's alternate. It has always been Alternate Captain. I don't know where assistant came from but it's wrong >.>.

Sorry again...

End Rant

BoHo gets the A

Yeah but I could care less

Archived