The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Definitive Thread of Unequivocal Boredom

Rate this topic

Tre Mac

Sitting in the First Class lounge.  It’s so nice and quiet in here.  These days I would normally not fly first class, but I had a credit with the airline for fare I did not use last year, and it was not that much more than coach. I discovered earlier today that it is worth it. I got to the airport and was like, “What are all these people doing here?!” Then I got to go ahead of everyone in the TSA line because my ticket is first class.

I took the train to the airport and got a kick out of my train ride.  One person decided he wanted to share his music with me.  He rushes up and sits down beside me and puts one of his earbuds in my ear.  I’m like, “Yeah!” and start singing the song with him.  Because why not annoy others around us before 8am on the train. Then he moves to another seat and then comes back and does the same thing, and I start singing the song. Oh gosh, I can be a little wacky in the morning.

I’ve noticed that regardless who it is or what vibe they give off, people really like talking to me. I must give off the easy going vibe. 

Oh yeah ~

5512021B-0206-45E7-A829-C2D40FE12C36.thumb.jpeg.fafe824e8398b75e96a4375e23b2a744.jpeg

9AAB7D63-B4ED-4C4C-BE76-E183767EEEFD.thumb.jpeg.1aeee1d60a4d9276639eb6420076df4a.jpeg

Edited by brilac
  • Cheers 1

Waiting at the airport.  The flight takes off at 8:50pm.  The original plan was to get to the airport, have a drink, eat and have another drink, but everything shuts down at 6pm for airport restaurants here.  I have to say that I am a pro at downing the champagne 187ml in less than 5 minutes with a few sips of water.  I’m very tempted to see if I can get on the 6:50pm flight, but I don’t want to pay more to sit in coach. I’ve become spoiled today with sitting in first class, and I saw there was a waiting list for the 6:50pm flight. So I will sit here.

• Cheers 1

I’m on the train now and a little bit intoxicated.  I had two glasses of champagne. It was a 38 minute flight. I would have had another glass, but the flight attendant disappeared. And I did not want to press the button to ring.  

I also noticed that people ask me for directions too. It can be hard giving directions after a few glasses of champagne, especially when they hand me their boarding pass and want to know where baggage claim is. Thank goodness I saw the sign before they asked me. I told them and preceded to walk, and then at the exit I wanted to make sure they knew where to exit, and I lost them.  Maybe I lost them but they were behind me, who knows.  Hopefully they found baggage claim. 

People ask me for directions. I’ve been asked for directions in Paris, Montreal, Quebec City, Vancouver, Victoria, Seattle.

• Cheers 1

Oh geez, so there's a neighbor who lives in the building and her sister knocks on my door. The other day, she knocked on my front door and said she was locked out of the building and told me which floor she lived on.  I let her in through the front entrance and we talked and she talked about getting a dog.  Then today she knocks on my door again. I go out to the front entrance and let her in.  She tells me she's living with her sister and which floor and that she went to the beach today and I told her that I've been relaxing today and what I did over the weekend.  She asks me if I am going to be home tomorrow, and I mistakenly tell her that I work from home and she says she may knock on my door.  I tell her that she really needs to talk to management about getting a key and that she needs to be on the lease if she is living with her sister. 

The thing is, I'm not really supposed to be letting her in.  I thought she was a tenant when I met her the other day, that she was locked out or forgot her key.  She told me which unit and floor she lived on.  I mean, I could go up to the floor and the unit and knock and say hi just to make sure she lives there with her sister, but then again, that my prompt her to knock at my door more.  

I don't know.  The thing about me, I always help people, it's the first thing I think when someone needs something. I don't know how to stop and say no.  Also the thing about is, is that if someone is rude or says something rude about me or to me, being condensing, etc., I am not rude back and I don't comment unless they push me over the edge, and that takes a lot. I am not a doormat, but I have this automatic thing to take care of things, be nice, and make sure people are taken care of. 

Other than saying hi, I need to find a reason to go up to the apartment.  I could go up there, and say - Hi, I'm " ", I just wanted to say hi and meet you.  I met your sister. I didn't catch her name.  I live in ... 

I know this sort of sounds ridiculous that I cannot say no.  But there she is at my door and I've let the guy above me in and the neighbor who lives on the same floor as me, as they were locked out due to taking out their dog or the trash. 

• Cheers 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2022 at 9:04 AM, brilac said:

Sitting in the First Class lounge.  It’s so nice and quiet in here.  These days I would normally not fly first class, but I had a credit with the airline for fare I did not use last year, and it was not that much more than coach. I discovered earlier today that it is worth it. I got to the airport and was like, “What are all these people doing here?!” Then I got to go ahead of everyone in the TSA line because my ticket is first class.

I took the train to the airport and got a kick out of my train ride.  One person decided he wanted to share his music with me.  He rushes up and sits down beside me and puts one of his earbuds in my ear.  I’m like, “Yeah!” and start singing the song with him.  Because why not annoy others around us before 8am on the train. Then he moves to another seat and then comes back and does the same thing, and I start singing the song. Oh gosh, I can be a little wacky in the morning.

I’ve noticed that regardless who it is or what vibe they give off, people really like talking to me. I must give off the easy going vibe. 

Oh yeah ~

5512021B-0206-45E7-A829-C2D40FE12C36.thumb.jpeg.fafe824e8398b75e96a4375e23b2a744.jpeg

9AAB7D63-B4ED-4C4C-BE76-E183767EEEFD.thumb.jpeg.1aeee1d60a4d9276639eb6420076df4a.jpeg

Looking good.

I noticed at the beach last night the Amtrak trains that run from Seattle and Vancouver are back in service.  I've always wanted to take a train ride somewhere but I still don't have a passport.

• Cheers 1
1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

Looking good.

I noticed at the beach last night the Amtrak trains that run from Seattle and Vancouver are back in service.  I've always wanted to take a train ride somewhere but I still don't have a passport.

They're back in service?  I should check the website.  I thought the service was resuming at the end of September.  I have a passport and an Enhanced ID.  I usually use my passport when I go to Canada. 

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, brilac said:

They're back in service?  I should check the website.  I thought the service was resuming at the end of September.  I have a passport and an Enhanced ID.  I usually use my passport when I go to Canada. 

Yup I later saw a story on the news about it.  I still don't have a passport.

The gal I mentioned previously who knocks at my door, is still knocking at my door.

How I am I supposed to pretend I am not home when my light is on and my TV is on? I mean, what if she can see me in my living room through a crack in my blinds?

She knocked 10 minutes ago, and I was almost not going to answer the door and pretend I was in the bathroom or something, but then I thought - can someone see through a crack through the blinds that I am sitting on my couch?  

Someone knocked at my door at 8am this morning, and I know it must have been her.  Like who knocks at the door at 8am on a Sunday morning?  I was in bed, and no way I was going to get out of bed, get dressed, and let her in the main entrance. 

She even knocked at my door 11pm a few weeks ago during the weekday.  

I can see letting someone in like a tenant who is looked out and it is a one time or two time thing.  I understand how that feels to be locked out, but this person has taken advantage and continues to knock at the door, and what am I supposed to do when it is obvious that I am home.  Do I rush to the bathroom? Or continue to sit on the couch and pretend I am not home.

When she knocked 10 minutes ago, and I peaked through the blinds, she asked if I could let her in, and I told her that I had to get dressed.  It seemed like it did not concern her that I was not dressed and that I was getting ready for bed even though I was on the couch. 

After I let her in, she told me that she comes over a few times a week to see her sister, and that she is not on the lease and is not going to be on the lease.  This is getting a little out of hand.  And she keeps changing her story.  

When someone does something for me, like let me in, or grab a grocery cart for me at the grocery store, or something else that is kind, I appreciate it very much and I don't expect it to happen again or relying on someone to to that thing for me.  I leave it at that, but I need to to get it through to me that not everyone is like that, there are many people who will take miles and miles, that if you give a little that will take a bunch.  I'm not a taker, but I need to realize that there are many takers. 

So I need to not answer the door anymore. I know that is not me, that I always help people, but I need to not answer the door. 

I was thinking about bringing it up the the management at the building that this gal keeps knocking at my door, and she initially told me she lived her, then she told me that she was getting on the lease with her sister, and now it is she is not getting on the lease, and that she is staying with her sister a few times a week. That I am not sure what the situation is, but she keeps knocking on my door and at off hours (11pm and 8am).  Perhaps management can bring it up to her sister.  But I don't want to cause problems.  Maybe the best thing to do is not answer the door. 

• Cheers 2
10 hours ago, brilac said:

Also people have cell phones these days and/or use the callbox to be buzzed in from the person they are staying with or visiting.  Things are not adding up.  

That's what we got, an enterphone and you hit 6 to let them in.  Our old buzzer was super loud and occasionally I'd get police or other people buzzing my unit for building access but I usually just ignore it.

56 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

That's what we got, an enterphone and you hit 6 to let them in.  Our old buzzer was super loud and occasionally I'd get police or other people buzzing my unit for building access but I usually just ignore it.

We used to have a code to let us in, but that discontinued.  

I was thinking I would go up to the apartment she told me her sister lives at.  It doesn't make sense that she would knock at my door to be let in when her sister lives in the building and that most people have cell phones that they can text or call if they don't know how to use the callbox.  

And as a way of seeing if what she is telling me is legit.  

• Cheers 2

No, don't open the door for her anymore. It's rude that she's knocking at your door at all, expecting you to open the door for her. Not to mention the whole situation sounds fishy. If she does live with her sister, they need to figure out something where she's not having to knock on someone else's door to be let in. It's not your responsibility and it puts you in an unfair, and possibly unsafe, position. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3
On 9/18/2022 at 6:37 PM, brilac said:

The thing is, I'm not really supposed to be letting her in.

Brilac.

Stop letting her in. Something does not add up and you have already told her that you are not suppoed to do it. I have read enough of your posts to believe that you are a wonderful person but you are comprimising your building by letting in a stranger.
Please talk to your managment to address the situation with her 'sister'. 

If you feel you need to talk to her again, keep it simple and tell her you are breaking your buildings by-laws and don't feel comfotable letting her in again.

If she persists to knock after you have told her that you cannot let her in again. Call the police. Her actions are showing that she does not care about you or your wishes.

Be safe, I am sorry this is happening to you. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

I bought an e-bike today to commute to work.

If anyone is looking for a good deal Rad powerbikes is having a sale.  

I  just can't afford gas anymore or maybe i just dont want to pay for it anymore. Plus it's probably better for the environment than my car. I don't know how well it will do in the rain, but if I can reduce driving I think I'll be happier. 

Anyway does anyone have any recommendations for bike locks and helmets? Should I buy fenders?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Do others say your name wrong by calling you something else like putting an "a" at the end of your name or some other variation?

So take my name, it ends with an "e". But people put an "a" at the end and say it with an "a" at the end. This morning I went for my morning walk and saw someone who I had not seen in a long time, and this person said my name with an "a" at the end.  I did not say anything, but wondered why people do that to my name.  

• Cheers 1
19 minutes ago, brilac said:

Do others say your name wrong by calling you something else like putting an "a" at the end of your name or some other variation?

So take my name, it ends with an "e". But people put an "a" at the end and say it with an "a" at the end. This morning I went for my morning walk and saw someone who I had not seen in a long time, and this person said my name with an "a" at the end.  I did not say anything, but wondered why people do that to my name.  

If your name ends with an A I pronounce it as ER. 

I.e. Lis-a=Lis-er

• Cheers 1
7 hours ago, brilac said:

I had a teacher in elementary school who always called me by the wrong name like that. 

Starbucks baristas always mishear my name and put down a similar sounding name all the time though.

• Cheers 1