The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Jets D Jacob Trouba Has Requested Trade

JV77

1 hour ago, Monty said:

:lol: 

So for the Jets, a guy who would go on their 4 line, as Wheeler, Laine, and Dano are ahead of him, a C level prospect for them that would be behind both Poolman and Kostalek, and a early to mid second round pick? For a top four defenseman?

Typical CDC.

Just curious on the situation in Winnipeg. Is it fair to assume this is not truly about the money, but not wanting to play in Winnipeg/Canada?

2 minutes ago, Blueberries said:

Just curious on the situation in Winnipeg. Is it fair to assume this is not truly about the money, but not wanting to play in Winnipeg/Canada?

Well, considering he and Overhardt said this has everything to do with playing the right side on top pairing minutes, no.

Wheeler, Scheifele, Byfuglien, and Perreault all just signed extensions in Winnipeg, with only Buff "somewhat" local as he grew up 2 hours away in Minnesota. 

25 minutes ago, Monty said:

Well, considering he and Overhardt said this has everything to do with playing the right side on top pairing minutes, no.

Wheeler, Scheifele, Byfuglien, and Perreault all just signed extensions in Winnipeg, with only Buff "somewhat" local as he grew up 2 hours away in Minnesota. 

We mock WINTERPIG, but if you're a hockey player, there might not be a better place to play.  The atmosphere for an NHL player must be off the charts amazing.  There is literally no other sports team (except the CFL Bluebombers) anywhere even remotely close.  The NHL guys are KINGS!  

So forgive me if I've missed this somewhere along the way, but here's a question to the general cdc population and more specifically to Monty...

Why are we talking trade at all? Doesn't this move seem like a desperate attempt to drum up an offer sheet? And why aren't we offering? (I know all the typical answers on offer sheets, but maybe this is one that could actually fly and screw happy relations)

30 minutes ago, nzan said:

So forgive me if I've missed this somewhere along the way, but here's a question to the general cdc population and more specifically to Monty...

Why are we talking trade at all? Doesn't this move seem like a desperate attempt to drum up an offer sheet? And why aren't we offering? (I know all the typical answers on offer sheets, but maybe this is one that could actually fly and screw happy relations)

Does JB seem like the kind of GM (guy) that would offer sheet though?  I could see one of two stats GMs doing it: Arizon and Florida.  Providing, of course, JT has good advanced stats - like Tanev's.

3 hours ago, Monty said:

:lol: 

So for the Jets, a guy who would go on their 4 line, as Wheeler, Laine, and Dano are ahead of him, a C level prospect for them that would be behind both Poolman and Kostalek, and a early to mid second round pick? For a top four defenseman?

Typical CDC.

Right - whereas the highly rational and objective view would be that Marko Dano, a 21 yr old with 31 career NHL points would be ahead of Hansen?

44 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We mock WINTERPIG, but if you're a hockey player, there might not be a better place to play.  The atmosphere for an NHL player must be off the charts amazing.  There is literally no other sports team (except the CFL Bluebombers) anywhere even remotely close.  The NHL guys are KINGS!  

Yeah but.

winnipeg.

6 hours ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

It was already deferred from last year. I don't believe that it can slide another year. 

CBJ doesn't have to decide until June to let it slide to 2018 or not.

CLB will not give up its second-round pick to VAN for hiring John Tortorella. Still have two more years to do it...

Much like new Jersey and their supposed first round forfeiture Ala Kovalchuk  (that ended up being forgiven after they postponed it 3 years even past 29th overall)

3 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Right - whereas the highly rational and objective view would be that Marko Dano, a 21 yr old with 31 career NHL points would be ahead of Hansen?

OK, so say he'd be on the third line. Does that suddenly make the proposal palatable? Nope, it doesn't change the fact that it's not an offer that will get it done for Trouba - and no, I'm not offering Hutton, Juolevi and a pick either.

22 minutes ago, oldnews said:

The cheaper, younger, and more attractive trade piece prior to expansion as they'll lose him for free otherwise to Las Vegas. Yes, that highly rational, objective view.

6 minutes ago, Monty said:

The cheaper, younger, and more attractive trade piece prior to expansion as they'll lose him for free otherwise to Las Vegas. Yes, that highly rational, objective view.

That wasn't your point.  That point makes sense.  Hansen - a fourth liner - not so much - doesn't really help make your case that typical CDC is so out of touch.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I'm guessing you have not spent anytime in Winnipeg?  

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

That wasn't your point.  That point makes sense.  Hansen - a fourth liner - not so much - doesn't really help make your case that typical CDC is so out of touch.

My point was on the Jets he would be a fourth liner, which he would be.

Archived