The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Kucherov holding out until signed

1 hour ago, Bigturk8 said:

We would have to have a deal in place to unload another contract if we were considering this. We have somewhere around 3M in space and would probably need an extra 4 - 4.5M for him to agree.

Well, we are allowed to exceed the cap during summer by up to 10%, so we would have a couple of weeks to figure something out. 

Not the best solution, but workable. 

1 minute ago, Toews said:

It happened yesterday. Ristolainen reported to the Sabres training camp with no contract.

That's the exception, not the rule.

Most players avoid all contact and let their agents handle things.

It's most likely that they've pretty much agreed in principle too.

2 hours ago, JWang24 said:

Maybe we should consider giving up Tryamkin and then some.. now before people rip me for this Stecher although its only 1 game looks really good I would let Stecher play this Regular season for the first 10 games if it works out we keep him.

Tryamkin is the odd man out he is only willing to play in the NHL its a big risk.

Stecher and Tryamkin play completely different games though...not sure how a 5'10" speedy dman playing well makes it any easier to unload a 6'7" stay at home dman. Wouldnt it make a lot more sense to trade Sbisa (since we would need cap space to sign Kucherov?). either way the number of draft picks we'd have to throw in would be ridiculous 

3 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

Stecher and Tryamkin play completely different games though...not sure how a 5'10" speedy dman playing well makes it any easier to unload a 6'7" stay at home dman. Wouldnt it make a lot more sense to trade Sbisa (since we would need cap space to sign Kucherov?). either way the number of draft picks we'd have to throw in would be ridiculous 

Im only saying tryamkins name because he MAY be the odd man out he isnt willing to go anywhere else which is a risk but I think he can learn alot from Hedman. I also said "And then some" which would probably include Sbisa due to cap but Kucherov's price will be HIGH.

I agree they play two different games But it would take alot to pry Kucherov out of TB

13 minutes ago, JWang24 said:

Im only saying tryamkins name because he MAY be the odd man out he isnt willing to go anywhere else which is a risk but I think he can learn alot from Hedman. I also said "And then some" which would probably include Sbisa due to cap but Kucherov's price will be HIGH.

I agree they play two different games But it would take alot to pry Kucherov out of TB

Ah okay, that's true. I just get a feeling if we unload Tryamkin now we will end up regretting it as he is still undervalued around the league (IMO). 

If two firsts, a second and a third is what you lose with a $7.3M+ signed offer-sheet, logically Tampa would want a little more than that, and I'm not sure Sbisa even has value of a 3rd rounder... guess what I'm saying is that its only a pipe dream at this point haha

Ideally offer sheets should only be employed by clubs that are already in a solid position. It is one of the only times that it doesn't take any account for the likely position of the picks. Our next two 1st rounders are likely worth FAR more than the next two of say, Washington. Thus by definition, us considering offer sheets is us considering overpaying value compared to what another team would give up for the same sheet. 

4 hours ago, AriGold said:

Rather give away 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd then what Tampa will want...

That is the simple truth...

fully agree  we should offer sheet this guy even if we dont get him its opens up ten teams to steal drouin  because tampa wont be able to keep both  next summer  unless they trade palat and bishop and another piece on team 

39 minutes ago, JWang24 said:

no way in hell  tryamkin is a odd man out  hes our future chara  not happening i think our fans underrate  his potential benning found a gem in this kid 

Archived