The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

BENNING ON 1040 OCTOBER 7TH

AlwaysACanuckFan

Just now, DeNiro said:

Is that really enough to go on IR? And how much time would that really buy us?

If Dorsett has been beaten out by younger or better players it's time to move on from him.

I wonder what a package of Dorsett + Subban would get us.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Is that really enough to go on IR? And how much time would that really buy us?

If Dorsett has been beaten out by younger or better players it's time to move on from him.

Does the same go for the sentimental favourite Burrows? 

Just now, Fantomex said:

Does the same go for the sentimental favourite Burrows? 

No because there will be no takers for him. If we're going to have his cap hit on the books, he might as well be on the roster. At the very least he's still a very good penalty killer.

I could see Dorsett having some interest for a team looking to add an energy role player.

2 hours ago, Harvey Spector said:

Just to clarify waivers:

When a player clears waivers and is sent down and then is called up again, he does not have to clear waivers to be sent down again unless he has played ten games or has been "up" for 30 days.[4]

Question regarding this. Could a player theoretically go up and down repeatedly to avoid waivers? Ex. Stay up for 9 games, get sent down for one game, come back up for another 9 games, etc.?

6 hours ago, Harvey Spector said:

Perfect.  In Benning we trust...

Get him down to Utica and have him play 20 minutes a night.  And when we need the "muscle" we call him up...

Great news.  Pre-season anxiety over losing him...and things worked out - ballsy move on Bennings part, whenever he dresses in the future our team toughness goes way up.  Hope he has an awesome season.

8 minutes ago, ajhockey said:

Question regarding this. Could a player theoretically go up and down repeatedly to avoid waivers? Ex. Stay up for 9 games, get sent down for one game, come back up for another 9 games, etc.?

It's a cumulative count. Doesn't reset from going up and down.

In your scenario, the player loses waivers exemption after the first game of the second call-up (from playing 9 + 1 = 10 NHL games).

EDIT: same goes for the 30 days. A player could be called up and spend 20 days in the press box. Get sent down. Recalled for another 10 days. Doesn't play a single game but his waivers clearance has expired and he must clear waivers again to be demoted (due to 30 total days spent on NHL roster).

29 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I'd like to see them put Etem with Horvat again if Saturday is his last chance. Those two seem to work well together.

Everyone works well with Horvat. He just seems to be that kind of player.

3 minutes ago, Harvey Spector said:

Only in a fairy tale would there be a taker for Dorsett...

The Leafs live in a fairy tale world, maybe they'd take him.

Honestly the only thing wrong with Dorsett is his cap hit. He's a 20 point fourth line energy guy that sticks up for his teammates. The problem is we have young guys that have shown they can play that role now.

I think if we retained like 900k there would be teams interested.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

The Leafs live in a fairy tale world, maybe they'd take him.

Honestly the only thing wrong with Dorsett is his cap hit. He's a 20 point fourth line energy guy that sticks up for his teammates. The problem is we have young guys that have shown they can play that role now.

I think if we retained like 900k there would be teams interested.

He's got another 3 years left on his contract.  I doubt even the Leafs take him...

1 minute ago, Harvey Spector said:

He's got another 3 years left on his contract.  I doubt even the Leafs take him...

Don't be silly, the Leafs will take anyone.

Them signing Prust to a PTO shows that they're desperate for a player like him.

Archived