The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

BENNING ON 1040 OCTOBER 7TH

AlwaysACanuckFan

9 minutes ago, Nex is my ex said:

I'm quite honestly getting sick of Willie Desjardins.

He seems like a very personable guy, but a lot of his decisions confuse me.  

Part of me wonders if his comments on Bo are to keep a rabid fanbase's expectations tempered.  

We'll find out soon. 

9 minutes ago, Nex is my ex said:

Year three is when criticism becomes fair in this business, I am now leaning to your side you with our coach but he can still change my mind.

44 minutes ago, Nex is my ex said:

I've been sick of him for some time.

He hasn't figured out how to run a bench yet and not take too many men calls. If our beer league team can manage it with 11 guys (so one rotating through each line all game) without a coach I'd hope NHLers and a supposedly NHL calibre coach can figure it out.

Not to mention his daft usage of offensive players in defensive assignments, etc.

He's a junior coach, coaching in the show.

46 minutes ago, mll said:

Baertschi was drafted because of his ability to create plays in the o-zone and set-up his linemates.   On the checking line - it's not even him making the play but Horvat carrying the puck in and Baer just waiting for the pass or the rebound.   He was finally looking recognisable in March when WD used him offensively with Vey/Granlund as his C and o-zone starts (vs with Horvat and d-zone starts) - he was back to creating offence which this team lacks.  

Maybe we actually see something like a Baer, Sutter Eriksson combo at some point. 

That would likely leave Granlund, Horvat and Virtanen (centres could swap).

27 minutes ago, Shirotashi said:

So awesome, I love the guy.. Can he be picked up by Vegas at all? Anyone know?

20 minutes ago, chon derry said:

not with only 13 games played, so no.

Pretty sure Vegas can.  The Canucks have to expose 1 player with 40 games NHL experience this year (or 70 games over the last 2 years) doesn't mean Vegas has to pick that player.

People joke about overrating Pedan's value, but I look at a guy like Adam McQuaid who's value wasn't that high at age 23.

He went on to become part of one of he most intimidating bluelines in the league, and even managed to win a cup not that long after.

Mobility and toughness in one package is nothing to be overlooked. Hopefully Green can help him get over that last hump of being an NHL regular.

5 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Pretty sure Vegas can.  The Canucks have to expose 1 player with 40 games NHL experience this year (or 70 games over the last 2 years) doesn't mean Vegas has to pick that player.

if pedan plays 40 games and flops then ya i guess they could .providing thats who the canucks want to expose

3 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Maybe we actually see something like a Baer, Sutter Eriksson combo at some point. 

That would likely leave Granlund, Horvat and Virtanen (centres could swap).

Ya, don't disagree but we're also seeing Granlund as a play maker.....was it Baer he set up last night who got robbed?  Heck of a pass

Either way, if on the wing, there are 2 guys who can make plays which would suit snipers on the opposite wing or if the centre isn't the best play maker.

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

People joke about overrating Pedan's value, but I look at a guy like Adam McQuaid who's value wasn't that high at age 23.

He went on to become part of one of he most intimidating bluelines in the league, and even managed to win a cup not that long after.

Mobility and toughness in one package is nothing to be overlooked. Hopefully Green can help him get over that last hump of being an NHL regular.

exactly !!!

6 hours ago, Rick Blight said:

It could potentially be a problem if you did not have a player available to meet the minimum requirements specified by the NHL. If the Canucks traded both of Biega and Sbisa they would have to make one of Edler, Tanev or Gudbranson available for the expansion draft.

Do you think there will any teams unable to meet the minimum of 2 forwards?

ii) Two forwards who are a) under contract in 2017-18 and B) played in 40 or more NHL games the prior season OR played in 70 or more NHL games in the prior two seasons.

5 hours ago, mll said:

Interesting development re Virtanen and Rodin:

Dave Tomlinson said today that he thought that Virtanen was the key player among the forwards in terms of how the dominoes would fall in the bottom 6 whether they kept him up or sent him to Utica. 

A.  Keep him with the Canucks.  Granlund moves to 4C, Gaunce to LW

Rodin Sutter Virtanen

Gaunce Granlund Dorsett

Burrows

B.  Send him to Utica.  Need and extra winger so Granlund goes to the wing which leave 4C open for Gaunce and the possibility that they sign a PTO like Ruutu or Skille

Granlund Sutter Rodin

Burrows Gaunce Dorsett

Ruutu / Skille

I think that Rodin may be rotated out until his knee gets stronger.  But I'm liking Granlund on the wing with Sutter regardless.  I think he's better in the top 9 anyways.

Granlund Sutter Virtanen

Skille Gaunce Dorsett......would cause a little havoc

although Hansen on the right would make a shut down line 

9 hours ago, J.R. said:

More depth for injuries, allows us to move Ruutu/Skille (or Burrows) at deadline for picks and call Gaunce up then (if not already up from injuries), gets Gaunce more minutes than 8-12 on 4th line or none as 13th forward. Those would be the reasons.

Either way I'm happy to see him as 4C/LW as he's shown he can play or as solid depth in Utica available for injuries/TDL playing lots of minutes.

Your right, those are definitely the reasons... But we are a rebuilding team and Gaunce is ready to learn his trade at the NHL level. Keeping a PTO over him doesn't make sense to me... Etem on the other hand... Think I'd rather have skille over Etem.

2 minutes ago, messier's_elbow said:

Your right, those are definitely the reasons... But we are a rebuilding team and Gaunce is ready to learn his trade at the NHL level. Keeping a PTO over him doesn't make sense to me... Etem on the other hand... Think I'd rather have skille over Etem.

Etem gets waived imo

Archived