The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nazim Kadri wont be suspended for his hit on D.Sedin

AriGold

I wasn't at least surprised that there'd be no suspension.

Daniel Sedin has been targetted a couple of times in his career with head hits. Duncan Keith got a minor suspension, whereas this dangerous hit by Kadri gets nothing. Nothing.

I was hoping that since it happened in from the center ring that they'd be forced to do something. Nope.

You guys want to know what this is all about?

It's about Kelly Sutherland, that POS who rigged the Stanley Cup finals, and who has a personal vendetta against the Canucks.

You can bet he made the recommendation there be no suspension, you know he made the call on the ice to give a 5 minute penalty instead of game suspension.

This guy is the disgrace of the league, he probably has been bought and paid for... first by the Bruins and now by the Leafs... he is busy applying his tongue to the backside of any club which has influence.

I am ashamed to know this human garbage is from the Vancouver area.

5 minutes ago, Hugor Hill said:

Whats the difference between the Kadri hit and the typical blindsided hit except for maybe an inch off the head?

If it's 1% shoulder it doesn't count! 

- NHL DOPS

What complete and utter bull$&!#. How that doesn't get a suspension is beyond me. The NHL is definitely corrupt. Especially reading what Babcock said in his post game comments. "It won't be a problem." And now seeing there's no suspension. Such bull$&!#. The fact that Virtanen got two games for that hit on a Sharks player, late, but shoulder to shoulder. But Kadri gets none for his elbow to his head. A helmet doesn't pop off on a shoulder to shoulder hit. Principal contact wasn't the head? I don't see a shoulder hit anywhere. They looked at the damn picture and saw that it kind of hit the shoulder, but didn't look at the video that was posted that clearly shows he elbowed him in the head. HE ELBOWED HIM IN THE HEAD. LOOK AT THE VIDEO DOPS. God I hate this league. 

Worst thing is, I have a feeling that the Canucks won't retaliate. Guddy might fight Martin, or someone will fight Kadri. But there won't be anything else. I want to see blood. I want Kadri with a bloody face, put on a platter and served to Babcock and say, "**** you and your ****ing league." Then I want Tryamkin to have a meeting with Matthews and see Matthews begging for his life. **** the leafs. 

This is the only reason I wish we had Lucic. At least I would know that something would happen next game. I would know Lucic would do something. Or he would've done something last night. 

I'm sick of the "we need the 2 points" mentality of the canucks, they are not going to make the playoffs, and the "we need the 2 points" is no excuse for not sticking up for yourselves. This was a perfect example of the canucks being too easy to play against. They got beat on the score board and they got beat up. I didn't really care we lost but for Fsake throw the body on mini-match marner, cadre, mathtews and nylander, those guys should be scared to play us with Guddy and tryamkin, dorsette, virtanen (who was invisible in this one). Also, the sedins need to stick up for themselves, they are not small guys, they are tough, but they need to lay the body more on the smaller guys in a clean way.

1 minute ago, Toews said:

A picture like that doesn't tell the full story. You need to know where his feet were when he first makes contact. The impact of body on body can cause your feet to leave the ice.

And you're OK with Giordano's hit on Kadri (video earlier in this thread) where his feet also left the ice?

1 minute ago, StealthNuck said:

I think we all find it weird how a late blindside to the shoulder is suspendable but a blindside charge to the head is not suspendable.

you said it yourself.......late.  I'm not saying I like the hit by kadri, it was unquestionably dirty, but he got 5 and a game.  I think that was appropriate.......I also think that would have been appropriate for Virt's hit too.

33 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

I hear ya, Shaky....this is disgraceful in a long, long list of disgraceful. My love of this game has been seriously eroded away with all these pathetic non-decisions. Not just for our Canucks players but for others who have been let down badly by the NHL and the DoPS. I can no longer give them any benefit of the doubt.....the monkeys are running the show there and it's the players who are paying with their health and careers. There's no level playing field here....Kadri is a repeat offender.....Babcock's comment from last night seem to indicate something fishy in  Denmark......pretty much feeling done myself and I've been a hockey fan for many, many moons. It's a sad day for hockey when so many lifelong fans are turning away from the game due to the bull$&!# antics of the NHL organization. If they truly wanted to clean up this game, they could. Very quickly. You'd think the threat of this class action suit regarding concussions would have made them more careful.........not less careful.

I'm in the same boat.  Grew up on Hockey Night in Canada back in the 60's before the days of Player Safety and when gutless pukes like Kadri wouldn't dare that kind of hit because some bruiser would knock their teeth out.

Bettman's version of NHL is a joke and there are more cheap, intents to injure than ever. 

Then NHL requires a ten minute concussion protocol to cover their legal asses yet allows a hit like the one on Dan to go completely unpunished.  They aren't protecting players and won't allow the players to protect themselves. 

The league is a shadow of what it was in the old days and the parity Bettman brags along with the defensive over-coaching has sucked the life out of the game and made it less exciting and more about a coin toss of who gets the most lucky bounces. 

I pity those who never got to watch hockey from before the new millennium.  Hockey used to be a beautiful sport...fast, action packed, beautiful plays and end-to-end rushes.  Now it is a grinding, plug up the neutral zone, plat the system boring crap show.  Sometimes we are forced to watch this garbage for 20 minutes at a time to see a single good scoring chance.  May as well watch soccer.

I'll be looking for a cable package that gives me junior and AHL games to watch.  I know coaches are trying to ruin the product to prepare kids for the NHL but the lesser talent level and more frequent mistakes make for a much more exciting product.

NHL is all about marketing and money now.  Vegas getting a franchise before Quebec or Hamilton or Portland is all you need to see to know it is true.  Bettman is happy to lose Canadian fans (especially western ones) if he can grow the game in the USA where they have never shown interest.

Just now, Creepy Crawler said:

And you're OK with Giordano's hit on Kadri (video earlier in this thread) where his feet also left the ice?

No idea, can't watch the video. I am on my phone. But if Giordano's feet leave the ice after contact is made then it is a legal hit based on the rules. Your feet are to be planted when you make contact with the player.

1 minute ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

NHL is all about marketing and money now.  Vegas getting a franchise before Quebec or Hamilton or Portland is all you need to see to know it is true.  Bettman is happy to lose Canadian fans (especially western ones) if he can grow the game in the USA where they have never shown interest.

Since there were no Canadian team int he playoffs last year, didn't NHL coverage see among its lowest viewrbase in years?

11 minutes ago, SwissCanucks said:

This league is a joke.

then don't watch, don't buy merch, don't come to nhl sites and post on their message boards.  If you don't like it, protest with your wallet and stay away from all things NHL.  I don't like seeing the Nucks players hit like that either, but hockey is a fast, tough game and these things happen. 

Just now, mll said:

From the VP of Player Safety: 

Here's what they miss with their tunnel vision and one dimensional rulings.  How about HOW things played out as part of it.  Were they engaged in battling for the puck and a hit was doled?   For Chrissake, we have interference penalties......how is it that a guy can line a guy up from across the ice, hone in on him and charge then deliver a hit that includes the head (if not the primary contact) and that's ok?  

I'm sick of them microscopically searching for an "AHA" screenshot to prove the point vs looking at the big picture.  Which is:  done this before, came across the ice to target Daniel because ?  Smoked him, helmet flew off. 

Just now, Creepy Crawler said:

Since there were no Canadian team int he playoffs last year, didn't NHL coverage see among its lowest viewrbase in years?

Probably but the NHL's focus is still to grow the game in the USA regardless of the impact on Canadian viewership.  That's more of a problem for Sportsnet than for the NHL.  Americans don't watch sports where their teams are not involved.  You can't grow a sport in the USA unless it is dominated by good outcomes by USA teams. Bettman knows this and is supported by the majority of the owners ( who are mostly US based). 

Archived