The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Discussion - Boeser & Juolevi

To start off:

WE ARE NOT TRADING THESE TWO AND I DON'T WANT TO!!!

Now that that is out of the way, Dreger said that teams have been calling and asking about these two gentlemen. My question for discussion is, what do you think teams are offering the Canucks for Boeser and/or Juolevi?

I don't care what you think about Virtanen or why we should or shouldn't trade Boeser or Juolevi, I just want to know what you think the offers are.

My opinion on the matter:

2nd Line Centreman (Schenn, Nuge, etc.)

It's refreshing considering the inverse position of being offered a trade rather than proposing one in this section. What is being offered is probably of lower value of what I would be willing to accept. IMO both these guys should be pretty close to untouchable just because we don't really know what we have. I probably wouldn't take the Nuge or Schenn for either player though at this point. I am not particularly high on RNH.

8 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

It's refreshing considering the inverse position of being offered a trade rather than proposing one in this section. What is being offered is probably of lower value of what I would be willing to accept. IMO both these guys should be pretty close to untouchable just because we don't really know what we have. I probably wouldn't take the Nuge or Schenn for either player though at this point. I am not particularly high on RNH.

Nuge doesn't seem like he will be a consistent PPG centerman that people expected him to become but I'd say RNH and Horvat would form a formidable one-two punch. Nuge showed that he can play well defensively; he is hard on the puck whenever I watch the Oilers these days. And he already is a 60 point player so in his peak years, he will probably be able to hit 70-80+ points.

Having said that, I doubt the Oilers would trade him and I don't think we should be trading Boeser and Juolevi. We need snipers badly and Boeser is a sniper who can also make plays. Juolevi is going to take over from Edler pretty soon. We will be needing a LHD and we got no one except for him (I still consider Briesbois as a project whereas Juolevi is at worst a top 4 defenceman just like Edler).

18 minutes ago, TimberWolf said:

It's not surprising. Doesn't hurt for other GM's to kick the tires and see if they can rip us off for a prospect. I don't like benning, but I doubt highly even he would part with those guys for temp help.

Part of our prospect issue is where we draft.  Guys taken where we are drafting (outside of the top 3) are most often in need of further development.

19 minutes ago, TimberWolf said:

It's not surprising. Doesn't hurt for other GM's to kick the tires and see if they can rip us off for a prospect. I don't like benning, but I doubt highly even he would part with those guys for temp help.

And I don't think so either, but the point is what do you think other GM's are offering in return?

19 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

Konecny straight across for boeser, but we would probably have to sweeten the pot

You need to get over the Konecny pick. Boeser is looking like a very good prospect and a home run at #23. I can understand people's disappointment over the Virtanen pick but not in this case.

1 minute ago, Beary Sweet said:

Benning won't even touch these prospects. They're the future of this team. If they offer a Johansson, Schenn, or Kucherov type of player + more like a high round pick, I would consider doing a deal but other than that, no way we're moving the pair

One of these is not like the other...

9 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

.... why would we do that....? Boeser can be just as good if not better.

Not to mention Konecny's small. Our forwards arent soft enough? 

Is Konecny soft though?  I'm not at all in favor of trading Beoser, but I thought Konecny was a tough little nut.

3 hours ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Now that that is out of the way, Dreger said that teams have been calling and asking about these two gentlemen. My question for discussion is, what do you think teams are offering the Canucks for Boeser and/or Juolevi?

Older veteran players, maybe some 2nd round picks, probably 3rds. 29 teams would love to shed salary and gain one of these two. 

Brock has 7 goals and 13 pts in 9 games and is a +7. OJ has 10 pts in 12 games, 2 goals, +5. 

1 minute ago, S'all Good Man said:

Older veteran players, maybe some 2nd round picks, probably 3rds. 29 teams would love to shed salary and gain one of these two. 

Brock has 7 goals and 13 pts in 9 games and is a +7. OJ has 10 pts in 12 games, 2 goals, +5. 

I could see that being true, offering guys that were former 30+ goal scorers who are maybe a bit over 32 now. Obviously JB wouldn't pull the trigger on one of them, I wonder if say a team offered a guy under 23 who that might be?

12 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

I could see that being true, offering guys that were former 30+ goal scorers who are maybe a bit over 32 now. Obviously JB wouldn't pull the trigger on one of them, I wonder if say a team offered a guy under 23 who that might be?

I wouldn't think so, no one really has a surplus of those guys and Hall's already in NJ :)

I could see something more along the lines of one of our current roster guys and a pick for Evander Kane maybe. Whatever happens we need to put a small winning streak together otherwise Bennings just going to get offered crap. 

Boeser has got to have top 5-like trade value right now. He's looking like a steal at 23rd. That said, I think teams are always a bit more conservative when it comes to players who haven't proven themselves in the NHL yet.

16 minutes ago, ajhockey said:

Boeser has got to have top 5-like trade value right now. He's looking like a steal at 23rd. That said, I think teams are always a bit more conservative when it comes to players who haven't proven themselves in the NHL yet.

True, although the value of NCAA players has definitely increased in the past few years after the success of vesey and a few others.

Archived