The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hansen out 4-6 weeks with fractured ribs

Apricot

1 minute ago, LaBamba said:

Another season of excuses and another summer of "if we were healthy" coming up. 

Imagine the Flames without Giordano, Brodie and Gaudreau.

Imagine the Leafs without Reilly and, uh... Some other guy and Matthews.

Imagine the Ducks without Fowler, Lindholm or Getzlaf.

Even though our caliber of players are not as good as players I have displayed as an example, but it is a good argument. But then again, no excuses.

3 minutes ago, Jam126 said:

Imagine the Flames without Giordano, Brodie and Gaudreau.

Imagine the Leafs without Reilly and, uh... Some other guy and Matthews.

Imagine the Ducks without Fowler, Lindholm or Getzlaf.

Even though our caliber of players are not as good as players I have displayed as an example, but it is a good argument. But then again, no excuses.

See

1 hour ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Call me crazy, but let's throw Jordan Subban on the wing for a couple games and see what happens.

It's one of those kind of years and they sure don't seem to like him as a defenseman.

With the assist tonight - at the moment, Jordan Subban currently

leads all AHL defenceman in points with 11.#Canucks

5:56 PM - 5 Nov 2016

This injury trend is alarming.

Absolutely alarming. These last 2 years.

Management please have a long hard look at training and game preparation strategies with respect to: fitness and stretching.

WHATEVER has changed in the last 2 years, it DOESN'T WORK- that means change it back to what it was before!

37 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Hansen will be missed. He is the most consistent forward on the club.

I would love to see Benning fired due to his inability to add any toughness to our forwards over the years.... Pathetic work by our manager to leave the Sedins unprotected.... and guys like Hansen left to do this type of work...

What the hell?

13 minutes ago, jmahyoung said:

This injury trend is alarming.

Absolutely alarming. These last 2 years.

Management please have a long hard look at training and game preparation strategies with respect to: fitness and stretching.

WHATEVER has changed in the last 2 years, it DOESN'T WORK- that means change it back to what it was before!

In this Hansen specific thread I'd wager no perfect combo of fitness and stretching exists that would've allowed Hansen to absorb that awkward looking hit. Tanev has a bone bruise, and Edler, well we don't really know yet do we.

I'd like to have a healthier team, but sometimes it's just bad bad luck.

1 hour ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Call me crazy, but let's throw Jordan Subban on the wing for a couple games and see what happens.

It's one of those kind of years and they sure don't seem to like him as a defenseman.

We're on a 8 game losing streak. We could use a little crazy! I like this idea a lot

16 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Oh yeah.  You like the group of forwards JB has assembled  ?  You happy with LE ?   You think we have toughness in our top 6 ?

What the hell is right...

Work in progress King.  Would you rather Benning built the team from the forwards back to the defense.  Or the goal on out?

16 minutes ago, Green Building said:

In this Hansen specific thread I'd wager no perfect combo of fitness and stretching exists that would've allowed Hansen to absorb that awkward looking hit. Tanev has a bone bruise, and Edler, well we don't really know yet do we.

I'd like to have a healthier team, but sometimes it's just bad bad luck.

I think that word is out that the Canucks can be exposed if you come down hard on them physically.  Hell, even the Leafs tried it.  

36 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

With the assist tonight - at the moment, Jordan Subban currently

leads all AHL defenceman in points with 11.#Canucks

5:56 PM - 5 Nov 2016

He was sent home a week before the comets camp even started. This information is useless. The only thing JB hates more than goals is Dmen that score goals. 

Archived