The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Coyotes @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, CanucksFanSince98 said:

Now can everyone please shut up about..... "Hutton needs to go to AHL.. Hutton needs to be benched BS.. The guy is the same as last year.. off to a slow start. the boys will get going. starting to score last few games.. PP has looked great twins look good with Sutter

Sutter does look good with them. He made several key puck battle wins and made the Coyotes turn the puck over to generate some great offensive chances.

As far as Hutton goes I've never really been too worried about his game seeing the proof of him playing at the highest level in almost all his first seasons games it'd be ridiculous to be overly critical of him. It's clearly just confidence and that's something players fight on and off with all their careers. All the skill and intelligence is there he's a great young player people like usual are far too dramatic about him and just need to calm the F down.

20 minutes ago, CaptainLinden16 said:

Again you realize that Granlund and Eriksson line didn't score tonight and that Dorset got an assit in the last game right?  Why hate Willie even when we win? 

Granlund and Ericksson did have chances and a couple good looks.

Dorsett is a perennial 4th liner. Yet WD'd gladly stick Bo on the 4th?

No I stand by my gif.

No favoritism in the pro's, doesn't work.

image.gif

2 minutes ago, The Big Luongo said:

Sutter does look good with them. He made several key puck battle wins and made the Coyotes turn the puck over to generate some great offensive chances.

As far as Hutton goes I've never really been too worried about his game seeing the proof of him playing at the highest level in almost all his first seasons games it'd be ridiculous to be overly critical of him. It's clearly just confidence and that's something players fight on and off with all their careers. All the skill and intelligence is there he's a great young player people like usual are far too dramatic about him and just need to calm the F down.

yep you're Bang on there!! Sutter digs pucks out feeds the twins and they go to work.. Danny should have had 4 tonight!... and on to hutton that man was determined to put the game to bed. he picked that puck up at our blue line and just turned the jets on!! love the kids speed!!

Good comeback game. 

Nice to see Hutton finally show his offensive potential, great finish on the Penalty shot.  :)

Sutter definitely deserved his first star... he has been a catalyst for the Sedin line, what I like the best about Sutter with them is he shoots IMMEDIATELY no hesitation.  Also plays a great defensive game, always back covering.

Despite Hutton's goal, Edler was the best defenseman of the night, two assists and lots of physicality.

Eriksson had a decent game, he played well on a shutdown line and could have had a goal.

Bo, Baer and Burr had another good game... I keep waiting for Baer to break out of his slump, he has so many chances, but he is still gripping that stick like it weighed 20 lbs.  It will happen sometime!!!!!

I think this team is better than its record

16 minutes ago, The Big Luongo said:

Sutter is indeed looking great with the Sedins.

If Granlund, Baertschi and Eriksson start engaging in and win more puck battles like Sutter, we will be fine. Sadly, they rarely go into the boards, and hence, almost never come out of the boards with the puck.

Once Hansen is back, I want Burrows-Horvat-Hansen. Baertschi is at the moment, waste of Horvat's ice time. Baertschi-Granlund-Eriksson might work well... or not since they won't win any puck battle. 

1 hour ago, GarthButcher5 said:

Gaunce has been pretty good, he's tough on the boards. hits and is good at digging the puck out but he needs a someone with even a remote sense of where the net is as a line mate if he is ever going to get any points. 

But yes, Chaput has looked good..

Dan - Hank - Sutter

Baertschi - Horvat - Burrows

Rodin - Granlund - Eriksson

Gaunce - Chaput - Hansen

Dorsett

I never understood why Willie didn't put the Sedins with Sutter sooner. We already saw it worked last season before Sutter got injured. He was on a .45 ppg trajectory with them, which is a higher points total then any of his previous seasons except one.  The eye test confirmed the chemistry between the 3 of them as the no look passes seemed to connect every night and Sutter was always in the right place at the right time.

I'm not surprised in the slightest the success these guys are having, but I am surprised it took this long to pair them up again when it worked well last year.

37 minutes ago, Blömqvist said:

Dan - Hank - Sutter

Rodin - Granlund - Eriksson

Gaunce - Chaput - Hansen

Dorsett

Not sure why people keep insisting on putting Hansen on the fourth line.

People did it in the offseason after Hansen's statistically best goal scoring year in his career.

... and people are doing it now despite Hansen being arguably our best player before his injury.

14 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Switch Burrows with Hansen.

We should keep Chaput and waive Skille.

8 minutes ago, guntrix said:

Not sure why people keep insisting on putting Hansen on the fourth line.

People did it in the offseason after Hansen's statistically best goal scoring year in his career.

... and people are doing it now despite Hansen being arguably our best player before his injury.

Gaunce - Chaput - Hansen

Burrows with Baertschi and Horvat was moreso a reflection on how well Burrows has been doing since being put on a line with Horvat. He looks rejuvenated and even by looking at the highlights package/Canucks in Five he had about 2 scoring chances and was in that final 3rd period rush with Baertschi. 

Long term, however, if he can't sustain the pace Baertschi and Horvat play with then yes definitely Hansen with Horvat and Baertschi. 

Archived