Canucks Community

[PGT] Coyotes @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

A win tomm and were tied with Nash and LA at 19 points

A win tomm and we'll have a 7-4-0 home record which is not too shabby

A win tomm means we beat chicago on cbc hnic

:bigblush:

*next week lets hope we can improve on our 1-6-1 road record vs Arizona,  Dallas and Col

We are 3 pts out of dead last in the league with the coyotes having 2 games in hand. 

Thank you Ben Hutton. I was thrilled to see him get fed up and take the puck all the way in himself. He draws a penalty shot and scores to win. That was exciting. I think Willie may owe Hutton a steak dinner for saving his job. I'm hoping this lifts Hutton's confidence and he tries to score more often.

Tryamkin is a beast. How many players has he knocked out of games this year? 3? If he hasn't already, he'll soon have a reputation around the league as being a player you don't want to get hit from or go near. He also has a booming slap shot, can't wait until he scores his first goal of the season.

Burrows looks rejuvenated and has been playing really well this year.

So glad Vrbata didn't score either. He looked close at times.  

50 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

A win, a WIN, yeah, another OT win!

Against the worst team in the league that just played the second of back to back.

Your right.  Canuck fans should never be happy about anything to do with the team.  Just be eternal miserable farts like you.

My hope is that the rest of the forwards took notice of what little Benny Hutton did with the puck in OT. The Sedins have their own style, and it's been very successful for years, but it's very refreshing to see a Canucks player be proactive and give his all to score (like Bo). Wonder of Hutton can play wing lol

1 hour ago, TheGuardian_ said:

A win, a WIN, yeah, another OT win!

Against the worst team in the league that just played the second of back to back.

They are the worst team now, but we aren't exactly way ahead of them.  Aren't we closer to them than we are to a playoff spot?

5 hours ago, Googlie said:

Man, what game were you watching?  Bae several times dug the puck out from the boards against a couple of 'yotes double-teaming him, and Loui single-handedly not only quelled several rushes, but was an offensive threat most of the night (I thought so anyways)

I guess different perspectives are fine and I might have missed Baertschi winning battles against a double team but I didn't see Baertschi winning too many 50-50 puck battles. Sutter (and Hansen, pre-injury) digs pucks out that are not even 50-50, like 20-80 or 10-90 chances.

I agree with you that Eriksson is great defensively; he prevented a lot of goals. But he is not playing to his abilities in the offensive zone. He is underperforming. That's not a hate towards Eriksson, it's just stating the fact. 

Baertschi and Eriksson are two very important players for this team, and I think we need those guys to win tough battles along the boards like Sutter and Hansen. 

Archived