The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PROPOSAL] LOUI to DAL

The Loui experiment/signing is not "working" (playing with sedins) but now he seems to have found some of his scoring which can net us a good return if we trade him now. Sutter is having success with the sedins so we can just leave him on their line and then Hansen can take Loui's spot.

VAN: Loui (50% retained) for Val

Dallas gets a player familiar to the organization and currently playing in the NHL, proven scorer and defensively responsible. He can easily slot into their top 6 and contribute right away. Dallas has some space at the moment due to some of their LTIR's.

Canucks get back a young player who can skate, score and has size. Not to mention he may want to come back to the NHL to join a new team. Helps us for our future.

Who's Val?  

If it's Kilmer I want PRE BATMAN.  Ice man or nothing 

If it's Nicushkin give your head a shake.  You'd cough up a 2nd line player while eating $3 million of his salary for 6 years  20 games in to a conference rival for the rights to a guy who fled to the KHL and might never put your jersey on.

This idea tanked harder than Goose in an ejection seat

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Who's Val?  

If it's Nicushkin give your head a shake.  You'd cough up a 2nd line player while eating $3 million of his salary for 6 years  20 games in to a conference rival for the rights to a guy who fled to the KHL and might never put your jersey on.

Nice cultural-reference..sittin on the sofa, hopping-mad, I tells ya!

52 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Who's Val?  

I'll take the Tombstone Kilmer. 

More like (selling Loui at the deadline, hopefully he's on a hot streak then)

2 of Dickinson/ Ritchie/ Roussel and couple a couple of 2nd's (preferably the first two young guys) for Loui (plus Lehtonen for Miller).

No way just for Nuke, PLUS we retain salary.    

8 minutes ago, Fateless said:

Are we just conveniently ignoring Loui's NMC?

Has that ever stopped CDC? It's like some of these "suggestions" are purposely trying to get negative votes.  Me thinks the kids are competing with one another. 

On another note, what would that say to future Free Agents, sign for 6 and trade almost immediately 

um.. a bit of a contradiction

it is not working

but he is now scoring

so maybe it is working?

we need scoring help

i say we just keep him

and 50% retained.. that is way more stupid that how stupid some people think the loui signing was

we will pay him 3 million a year to not play for us

and dallas gets him for 3 million a year when he is worth much more than that

major fail proposal in my view

The notion that he should be traded is as stupid as the idea that its been a failure of a signing after TWENTY GAMES. In his best scoring years, he started the season really slow only to be the scorer that this team needs.

But sure, throw another player under the bus. It's not like this teams fanbase isn't known for that.

Archived