The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Firing] Gerard Gallant

Rocky Balboa

1 hour ago, Jam126 said:

Thing that's so unlikeable about Travis Yost is not even that he's extremely arrogant, but he's really stupid.

Well said, he is one of those guys who you should do the opposite of what he says and be right most of the time. Maybe he is gunning for a job with the Panthers as well.

14 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Panthers General Manger decisions will now be made by Dale Tallon, Eric Joyce and Steve Werier.

General Manager Tom Rowe will focus solely on coaching.

Bob Mackenzie just on 1040 said Talon has no decision making power.  He said Talon is not involved in any hockey stuff, and his position is pretty much just a figure head.  

44 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Bob Mackenzie just on 1040 said Talon has no decision making power.  He said Talon is not involved in any hockey stuff, and his position is pretty much just a figure head.  

That's pretty rough on an established hockey man, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a mutual parting of the ways this off season.

5 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

That's pretty rough on an established hockey man, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a mutual parting of the ways this off season.

He sure wouldn't hurt us here.  He's our first pick too, and ex original Canuck.  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

He sure wouldn't hurt us here.  He's our first pick too, and ex original Canuck.  

I'd take the package, Talon and Gallant. I like the way they approach the game and I think it bodes well in the western conference too.

1 minute ago, GarthButcher5 said:

I'd take the package, Talon and Gallant. I like the way they approach the game and I think it bodes well in the western conference too.

Maybe they could bring along Barkov?  :)  Tanev (stats are amazing) and our first this year for Barkov?  

Canucks should bring in Dale Tallon as Senior Head of Hockey Ops above Benning so he can have decision making power instead of just Weisbrod and Benning and Linden.

They need an experienced executive.

Gallant would be a good hire too he seems like the next Alain Vigneualt French coach who can acutally speak English without an accent are hard to find.

Archived