The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Wild @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

A lot of credit has to go to our defensemen the way they're playing wow I'm so impressed with them.

Stecher looks like our best most consistent kid has tonnes of skill, fast and tenacious pressuring opposition with a great stick and positioning, oozing confidence in the offensive zone playing as well as any defenseman could possibly play and absolutely love the heart he plays with! I'm seeing first hand that young Stecher was probably a huge reason North Dakota won the  College championship.

Then pleasantly surprised by Tryamkin he was all over the ice making rock solid plays and also looks far more confident bringing a big physical game intimidateding factor the team needs. 

Happy Hutton has found his game again but was never worried about him knew he'd come around.

Also props should go to Sbisa who looks to be maturing easy to forget he's still a pretty young guy. Sbisa looks very confident, wants the ice time and grab hold of a bigger role,  looks to be having fun playing the game, playing physical and skating miles.

With Juolevi developing and on the rise soon crazy to think how this team will be setup on the backend in front of that beast Markstrom and Demko when ready.

Very excited as you can tell great work Jim Benning!

Posted this in the Forbes topic in around the NHL but thought it belongs better here. Especially after last nights back and forth game.

I'd make a "Is it just me or have the canucks been the most entertaining home ice team in hockey?" but I don't wana hear a bunch of downers replies 

I can confidently argue that they've been the most entertaining team to watch on home ice

Home games so far... 

1. Calgary - Epic come back win 
2. Carolina - See above 

3. St Louis - See above
4. Buffalo - pretty entertaining, came down to the wire 
5. Ottawa - got shutout, definitely not a good game 
6. Edmonton - same as above 
7. Washington - played great, very exciting... refs got in the way of a win. Stunk it up in the 3rd 
8. Dallas - Epic come back win... 
9. NYR - same as the washington game. Very entertaining, refs played a huge role. 

10. Arizona - do I have turrets or was this another EPIC COME BACK WIN?! 
11. Chicago - bent over the hawks, refs got involved, vancouver clearly the better team 
12. Wild - epic epic epic back and forth... oh my. 

7 wins at home 
5 losses 

If you want entertainment, there's been no better stretch of home ice canucks hockey in a long time. 

EDIT: Sales staff did pretty well with promoting but the adds are getting repetitive. If they were smart they would advertise the epic come backs instead of kits beach and grouse mountain over and over

1 hour ago, alfstonker said:

You see a good thing in WD?

Man I will have to check for a blue moon. Even if you have got what WD did with Bo totally wrong.

I suppose Rome wasn't built in a day.

I got lots of good things to say about WD, but you tend to just scan for the negative comments so that you can storm in to his defense. 

15 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I got lots of good things to say about WD, but you tend to just scan for the negative comments so that you can storm in to his defense. 

And even a positive sent WD's way is met with a critique by alf....geez...no winning with that guy.

33 minutes ago, The Big Luongo said:

A lot of credit has to go to our defensemen the way they're playing wow I'm so impressed with them.

Stecher looks like our best most consistent kid has tonnes of skill, fast and tenacious pressuring opposition with a great stick and positioning, oozing confidence in the offensive zone playing as well as any defenseman could possibly play and absolutely love the heart he plays with! I'm seeing first hand that young Stecher was probably a huge reason North Dakota won the  College championship.

Then pleasantly surprised by Tryamkin he was all over the ice making rock solid plays and also looks far more confident bringing a big physical game intimidateding factor the team needs. 

Happy Hutton has found his game again but was never worried about him knew he'd come around.

Also props should go to Sbisa who looks to be maturing easy to forget he's still a pretty young guy. Sbisa looks very confident, wants the ice time and grab hold of a bigger role,  looks to be having fun playing the game, playing physical and skating miles.

With Juolevi developing and on the rise soon crazy to think how this team will be setup on the backend in front of that beast Markstrom and Demko when ready.

Very excited as you can tell great work Jim Benning!

Indeed. I'm already looking forward to the upcoming draft to see what forwards Benning will find. Good times.

I was really liking Guance with Eriksson and Granlund in the 2nd.  But Chaput was screaming all over the ice in the third.  

People slag on WD but this group has been working their tails off all season long, and now that some pucks are going in they are getting better results.  And with Hansen/Edler/Tanev out that is pretty darn good.

11 hours ago, LaBamba said:

- I don't like the LE signing if he wins the Art Ross. By year 4,5 and 6 he will be detrimental to our success. 

- No, I wasn't ready to call Horvat a superstar in the summer. He had 2 different seasons all in 1 the year prior. 

And as for you post earlier about tanking. I have said more than 50 times that I really don't care where we finish. I just want a talented, talent evaluator to draft. I don't like his trades. I think they are unnecessary. If different opinions offend you, look at yourself in the mirror and talk about hockey because this is no place for you. 

So your over bias opinion is paying off during a 10 game stretch in a 82 game schedule. Congratulations. I guess that makes you a hockey genius. 

I am a negative person. I can't help who I am. I have stated on multiple occasions that I think negatively out loud. With the exception of yourself most of my favourite posters on these boards are the guys I argue with. They are like a 3rd party voice of reason. 

I don't give a crap about being wrong about something I adimately argued either. If LE goes on to winning 6 scoring titles while he is here than I stand corrected. You people don't know who I am!! Why would I care?! 

Did i predatorily hunt down your posts and rub in every loss during that 9 game losing streak?! No, I didn't. Why?

1. I don't care if you even exist to be honest. Your view has absolutely no effect on the outcome of my day. I just don't care enough. 

2. Believe it or not I am a fan of this hockey team. I don't care where we finish I just wanna watch hockey. Why would I ever be happy about losing? Why would I ever be sad about winning?! It's November. I don't even care about the standings For another 3 months for Christ sake. 

If you want to hunt me down after every win and post a bunch of I told you so Bullcrap and call me names like labamby or whatever go ahead. Cause I don't give a ****

:lol::P:lol:

4 hours ago, Darius71 said:

Got to love Stecher for several reasons outside of his play

- Played with Brock Boeser and won a championship

- Has overcome the odds several times due to his size

- Grew up 25 minutes from Downtown Vancouver and was a Canucks fan growing up

- out of all the teams he could have signed with he signed here knowing full well they weren't contenders 

How can you not love the kid!

+1 !

Listened to the game on the radio and I have to say that was a very entertaining game. When the Canucks went down early, I was saying to myself "here we go again..." But when I tuned back to the radio for the 3rd and heard that it was 4-3 Canucks, I'm like yes. This team is starting to come together. Who needs Patrick lol. Lets go as far as we can. Bo, Eriksson, Hutton, Baer, Sutter all starting to heat up and they're only going to get better as the season goes on. GCG! I'm starting to buy into management saying we're going to playoffs

4 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Where's Chaput?

You can't take Burr off the 2nd the way he is playing.

Good problems to have.

You're right. Chaput deserves to stick for a bit and may be better at center than Gaunce. I kept Megna for his speed but Chaput is more viable long-term. Still expect Burr to cool off though, and they need to see what Rodin can do in an offensive role. If Rodin falters then simply go back to Burrows with Horvat. 

Gaunce - Chaput - Burrows

That could be a very well-rounded fourth line. 

39 minutes ago, hearditall said:

Our Defence is playoff deep in depth NOW & it's very young...  

Tryamkin & Stetcher make JB a genius in my eyes...

Let's not crown him just yet... it wasn't JB that got Troy, it was the province he was born in and the team he grew up watching.

Tryamkin, too early to tell but sure I'll give it to him.

MG is the genius here... Hutton 5th and Tanev for free. 

Gubranson hasn't been too good IMO but he made that from the Kesler trade (McCann) which was by far his best move as GM in which he also landed Sbisa. So that I'll give him props for... It's just a shame he had to sewer it and hand the Penguins a cup though. Kept Bones and didn't move for Sutter, we'd be far, faaaaaar better off. 

12 hours ago, LaBamba said:

- I don't like the LE signing if he wins the Art Ross. By year 4,5 and 6 he will be detrimental to our success. 

- No, I wasn't ready to call Horvat a superstar in the summer. He had 2 different seasons all in 1 the year prior. 

And as for you post earlier about tanking. I have said more than 50 times that I really don't care where we finish. I just want a talented, talent evaluator to draft. I don't like his trades. I think they are unnecessary. If different opinions offend you, look at yourself in the mirror and talk about hockey because this is no place for you. 

So your over bias opinion is paying off during a 10 game stretch in a 82 game schedule. Congratulations. I guess that makes you a hockey genius. 

I am a negative person. I can't help who I am. I have stated on multiple occasions that I think negatively out loud. With the exception of yourself most of my favourite posters on these boards are the guys I argue with. They are like a 3rd party voice of reason. 

I don't give a crap about being wrong about something I adimately argued either. If LE goes on to winning 6 scoring titles while he is here than I stand corrected. You people don't know who I am!! Why would I care?! 

Did i predatorily hunt down your posts and rub in every loss during that 9 game losing streak?! No, I didn't. Why?

1. I don't care if you even exist to be honest. Your view has absolutely no effect on the outcome of my day. I just don't care enough. 

2. Believe it or not I am a fan of this hockey team. I don't care where we finish I just wanna watch hockey. Why would I ever be happy about losing? Why would I ever be sad about winning?! It's November. I don't even care about the standings For another 3 months for Christ sake. 

If you want to hunt me down after every win and post a bunch of I told you so Bullcrap and call me names like labamby or whatever go ahead. Cause I don't give a ****

LE signing will be a bad contract...unless he pulls a Burrows and plays like Burrows is now in years 3,4,5,6 of his contract. I'm hoping year 1, 2 will be good. 

Year 1 wasn't looking good...hopefully, he has turned it around and will continue to produce goals.

Archived