The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Derogatory Canuck team nickname around the league

Sedintwinpowersactivate

4 hours ago, Sedintwinpowersactivate said:

With us calling the Oilers the Coilers and the Flames the Lames.  What could they be calling us that could possibly compare?  The Knuckle heads?  Not even close....Ha Ha!  What are some of the names you guys have heard?  No swear words Please!

Back in the 80's it was the Vancouver Cannots. There were T-shirts out for each of the Canadian teams including caricatures of players on the roster at the time. They were all actually pretty funny.

Sedins are hall of famer locks.  They are tough as they come on the ice and super people.  They are legends.   Calling them sisters is also disrespectful to daughters, sisters, wives, mothers, and grandmothers.   Most of the women I know have another gear that most men don't.  

To be honest I find most of these derogatory nicknames for teams to be too poor to be worth repeating. Aside from the ones already mentioned, I have also heard "Vansewer" before but its such a laughable jab considering Vancouver is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Like I said though sports fans aren't the most creative when they come up with these names.

Archived