The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Flames

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

By that logic Mike Sullivan could not take the Penguins to the Cup as a coach? Or Glen could not lead the Flames to more points than us? 

That said, I would give Gallant the job over Jarvis 

I do agree with you about bringing Gallant in, he is a good option.

3 minutes ago, canucklehead44 said:

This team reminds me of how companies will throw away money to use up their entire budget so it doesn't get cut the following year. It is like we are spending cap space because we can, without much thought or strategy. 

Haha this is an amazing analogy

Been following the Canucks since 1970, never been so disheartened, clearly no light at the end of the tunnel, most games the opponents appear to be on a power play 5 on 5, the Canucks Rope a Dope strategy is clearly not working, love the Sedins but they are no longer 1st line players.

42 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

The vets on this team have now tuned out 3 coaches. Maybe the problem is the veteran "leaders"

It is quite clear that they are not there to play.  Maybe it's time to move on away from them.  Those players I'd keep are Burrows, Hansen and that's it.   The Sedins need to play in the East to prolong their career, no way they can complete this with long travel.  This team is not made for older players joining that team with history of long  travel.  

The Sedins should have stayed home and enjoyed their families.

Would probably work better to have their game load lessened a bit anyways. If "elite veteran" goaltenders need the breaks, why not forwards? In the alt hockey universe of 60 years ago when players were paid peanuts and the coach had all the power, this might have worked. I'd rather watch the Sedins play fresh in 72 games than watch them drag their butts around for 20 or more a season. But its not gon happen. Mostly because they have no other duo on the horizon to take their place yet. JB 's shine is wearing thin.

22 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

He is coaching in the NHL.  so i guess that proves your "fact"  as incorrect.

a knee jerk reaction firing Willie is just ridiculous.  he will be fired,  for sure,  but firing him right now makes no sense at all.  fire him to make Jarvis the interm?  hes coaching right beside willie,  hes just as much at fault for the current outcomes as willie.

agreed 100%   people look for anyone to make the scapegoat.

Any decent NHL caliber coach would have scratched Ericksson by now.  His play has been unacceptable on most nights, yet no response. 

2 minutes ago, kilgore said:

The Sedins should have stayed home and enjoyed their families.

Would probably work better to have their game load lessened a bit anyways. If "elite veteran" goaltenders need the breaks, why not forwards? In the alt hockey universe of 60 years ago when players were paid peanuts and the coach had all the power, this might have worked. I'd rather watch the Sedins play fresh in 72 games than watch them drag their butts around for 20 or more a season. But its not gon happen. Mostly because they have no other duo on the horizon to take their place yet. JB 's shine is wearing thin.

Interesting proposition. Like you said, it's definitely not going to happen, but one would think a better rested Sedins for 70 games (resting on the odd back-to-backs) would actually help them greatly in the 70 games they do play, thus, making the team better. Unfortunately never gonna happen, but fun to dream about.

Archived