The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Flames

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, CanuckGAME said:

there is no point on firing Willie at this point,  may as well ride the season out,  and see if any quality coaches become available in the summer,  if we fired Willie now who would we bring in?  now isnt the time to jump the gun and fire Willie.

i know he will get fired, but there is literally NO reason to fire him now.  this team is a bottom feeder,  a new coach wont change that fact,

people cry because they dont want us to finish bottom of the pack and get a mid draft pick,  but arent willing to go through the pain of losing in order to get those top draft picks.

Doug Jarvis as an interim coach would be an improvement. Are you going to address his braindead player deployment or his stubborn inability to be consistent with players who underperform?

He's not good enough to coach in the NHL. Fact. 

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

This team is much more a torts team than the one he had here.

This current team Willie is "moulding" (spelling intentional) is 27 years old on average and the team Torts is molding currently is 28 years old on average .... one of the oldest rosters in the league 

point is we should have given him another year. But that said idiot Gillis gave up AV to save his own job for a bit longer 

oh how I want AV back ..... or Crawford 

Just now, Baer. said:

Right, because taking 2 lazy penalties which cost the team the lead isn't a problem at all.

That makes him an AHL player? You said he belongs in the AHL. He's been one of our most solid players all season. Maybe not saying a whole lot with this group, but like I said, he is on the low end of our worries right now.

Country club rules for select group

.a double standard  maybe ?

definately a total unacceptable performance fro leadership group 

The team is hung up in transition. . The veterans have been the core issue regarding effort an performance.

tired is not an excuse they should have at least had three or four impact shifts that would have impacted game an score . But no show another night .

3 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

Yeah, good point. But like it or not, our group is still very clearly the Sedins' team, so if a coach isn't working with your team leaders, that's still a recipe for disaster. But perhaps your contention is that a new coach could actually begin the transition to a new core sooner. I guess the big question is whether we have that potential new core or not. Regardless, we are a waaaaays away still.

What I did like the most is the guys who really knew how to play the Sedins like AV and Crawford were shipped out 

plus they played exciting hockey systems they brought fans in 

1 minute ago, EmilyM said:

That makes him an AHL player? You said he belongs in the AHL. He's been one of our most solid players all season. Maybe not saying a whole lot with this group, but like I said, he is on the low end of our worries right now.

No idea what games you are watching.

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

What I did like the most is the guys who really knew how to play the Sedins like AV and Crawford were shipped out 

I mean, to be fair, the Sedins were MUCH younger then.

1 minute ago, redhdlois said:

Most people that performed as apathetically as some of the Canucks do would be fired from their jobs.

Great point Lois  

sadly it seems to be reoccurring theme an no repercussions for repeat violations , hence a country club double standards set at the top.

good points Lois

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Doug Jarvis as an interim coach would be an improvement. Are you going to address his braindead player deployment or his stubborn inability to be consistent with players who underperform?

He's not good enough to coach in the NHL. Fact. 

He is coaching in the NHL.  so i guess that proves your "fact"  as incorrect.

a knee jerk reaction firing Willie is just ridiculous.  he will be fired,  for sure,  but firing him right now makes no sense at all.  fire him to make Jarvis the interm?  hes coaching right beside willie,  hes just as much at fault for the current outcomes as willie.

3 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

agreed 100%   people look for anyone to make the scapegoat.

1 minute ago, EmilyM said:

I think Columbus has a much more moldable group, whereas our group was very very veteran when Torts came in and much more set in their ways.

Since the Sedin's threw on the Canucks Jersey, every coach has talked about how easy they are to coach. I don't hear that from Willie and continually see frustration from Daniel especially over the past 2 years. Somethings gotta give and it should start with splitting the twins once and for all. Try it for 5-10 games.

A few years ago when LA was smoking our PK in round 1 , the Sedin's begged to get on the PK to try to stop the bleeding. AV said lets try it, nothing else is working and that was successful.

Considering that our PP has been an embarrassment all season, If Willie doesn't see this as a Sedin issue, then Daniel or Henrik need to tell Willie to split them up. Something fresh, something that's not stale like we have right now., something that the competition doesn't already have figured out. 

This rinse and repeat needs to stop!

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

Lol do you think maybe in this time the sedins aged?   Also we had point players who could shoot the puck from the point. Even john garret pointed that out no effective point shot defenders stay low and focus on the sedin cycle.. because thats all we got now.

AV and Crawford had better players. Willie is just the latest scapegoat to distract from the abysmal team we have.

4 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

He is coaching in the NHL.  so i guess that proves your "fact"  as incorrect.

a knee jerk reaction firing Willie is just ridiculous.  he will be fired,  for sure,  but firing him right now makes no sense at all.  fire him to make Jarvis the interm?  hes coaching right beside willie,  hes just as much at fault for the current outcomes as willie.

agreed 100%   people look for anyone to make the scapegoat.

By that logic Mike Sullivan could not take the Penguins to the Cup as a coach? Or Glen could not lead the Flames to more points than us? 

That said, I would give Gallant the job over Jarvis 

This team completely lacks an identify. They are not fast, physical, young, veteran, offensive, defensive etc. Sort of all over the place. 

I'd love to see us get younger, faster, and more offensive. Even if we lose more games, they will at least be exciting. The Carolina game for example was a loss, but it was a heck of a lot more entertaining than the loss tonight. 

This team reminds me of how companies will throw away money to use up their entire budget so it doesn't get cut the following year. It is like we are spending cap space because we can, without much thought or strategy. 

13 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

there is no point on firing Willie at this point,  may as well ride the season out,  and see if any quality coaches become available in the summer,  if we fired Willie now who would we bring in?  now isnt the time to jump the gun and fire Willie.

i know he will get fired, but there is literally NO reason to fire him now.  this team is a bottom feeder,  a new coach wont change that fact,

people cry because they dont want us to finish middle of the pack and get a mid draft pick,  but arent willing to go through the pain of losing in order to get those top draft picks.

Willie is steering this ship right into the rocks and I think that's just fine. It seems now that the only way real earth shaking change will happen is if the Canucks keep bottoming out.

2 minutes ago, xRussianrocket said:

Lol do you think maybe in this time the sedins aged?   Also we had point players who could shoot the puck from the point. Even john garret pointed that out no effective point shot defenders stay low and focus on the sedin cycle.. because thats all we got now.

AV and Crawford had better players. Willie is just the latest scapegoat to distract from the abysmal team we have.

Like Torts is now? Everybody is talentless under the cap system!!! A competent coach is a difference maker 

2 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

By that logic Mike Sullivan could not take the Penguins to the Cup as a coach? Or Glen could not lead the Flames to more points than us? 

That said, I would give Gallant the job over Jarvis 

I do agree with you about bringing Gallant in, he is a good option.

Archived