The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anton Rodin | RW/LW

b3.

• 2 weeks later...

I am glad that people are questioning this. I'd like to see Rodin play and see what he is capable of. If he's great - then let's use him. If he'll never make it in the NHL, then give him the opportunity to return to Sweden. If he is not healthy- then rest him. What's up?

• Upvote 3

On 10/2/2017 at 9:25 AM, shad0w4life said:

Why would they cut him to keep JV who really hasn't done anything except score goals Dorsett could do thanks to amazing passes by other players. That Burmistrov feed should have been focus

Regular season he's going to probably end up like poor Gaunce.

On 10/2/2017 at 5:01 PM, shad0w4life said:

When you have 5 hippies yelling random nonsense,  it's hard to not reply.

Waiting for my tolda'm so in a month :D

Almost a month later and JV has worked his way into a top 6 role while playing solid hockey.

Looks like you'll be waiting longer yet for that I told you so eh?

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Honestly my guess is that Rodin is still building up strength in his knee and getting his conditioning up to par. He missed over a year of hockey, hard to get back into it after that long. 

I agree, but he’s also making about three times as much money playing in the AHL as he would back in Sweden.  I think once this contract runs out, he’s going back home.  

9 hours ago, robr1can said:

I am glad that people are questioning this. I'd like to see Rodin play and see what he is capable of. If he's great - then let's use him. If he'll never make it in the NHL, then give him the opportunity to return to Sweden. If he is not healthy- then rest him. What's up?

feel bad for the kid. Definitely deserves to play. Give him an actual opportunity with the big club. He was a SHL MVP. CALL UP RODIN

There has to be more to this than meets the eye....if you have to sit a veteran you don't sit the veteran with the best chance to be called up to the big club...not if you want to keep your job

So either Cull is a cull or Rodin is injured or getting helically wound around a steel shaft...by Canucks management....Baddda dum bum...bummm...

....Benning might just be trying to bury Rodin until the trade deadline or even the playoffs...keeping an ace in the hole and preventing Rodin from earning a big raise and term....

...best case scenario is that he is injured from his first game down there....and will come storming back soon....

On 10/23/2017 at 11:54 AM, shayster007 said:

Almost a month later and JV has worked his way into a top 6 role while playing solid hockey.

Looks like you'll be waiting longer yet for that I told you so eh?

You have got some pent up anger or pride issues lol, really really gotta be right it seems like. 

Top 6 role, in 1 game arguably,  with less ice time than Dorsett.. That game had everyone out for a good share of TOI

How is a 6OA offensive player pick with 2 points tied for last among forwards this amazing second coming of Bure. 

You guys said he would be putting up 54 Goals and was going to be this amazing offensive asset this year with all his playmaking.

JFC man I know you have it bad for him but c'mon. He could easily be swapped with Rodin, Boucher, Goldobin or Archi currently. 

That's why I wanted to find out why Rodin hasn't been playing, Utica has some firepower now and I'm really curious what happens when you add a healthy Rodin in.

JV is worlds better than he was last year and glad to see him hitting. If he improves more next year then we have a legit top 6 on any team. 

Edited by shad0w4life

1 minute ago, shad0w4life said:

You have got some issues. Top 6 role, in 1 game arguably,  with less ice time than Dorsett.. That game had everyone out for a good share of TOI

How is a 6OA offensive player pick with 2 points tied for last among forwards this amazing second coming of Bure. 

You guys said he would be putting up 54 Goals and was going to be this amazing offensive asset this year with all his playmaking.

JFC man I know you have it bad for him but c'mon. He could easily be swapped with Rodin, Boucher, Goldobin or Archi currently. 

That's why I wanted to find out why Rodin hasn't been playing, Utica has some firepower now and I'm really curious what happens when you add a healthy Rodin in. 

Says the guy hounding Rodins jock and disregarding all common sense and fact while doing it

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, shad0w4life said:

You have got some pent up anger or pride issues lol, really really gotta be right it seems like. 

Top 6 role, in 1 game arguably,  with less ice time than Dorsett.. That game had everyone out for a good share of TOI

JV is worlds better than he was last year and glad to see him hitting. If he improves more next year then we have a legit top 6 on any team. 

Wow. Over reaction much? Speaking of pent up anger. You must really hate being wrong eh?

Edited by shayster007

Surprised to see that R's only played in 1 game; lowest on the team.  This problem with too many vets is really creating havok for guys that are trying to prove they are ready for the NHL.  Hope he gets to slot in on some of the upcoming games.

9 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

That never worked with Salo, he managed to injure himself in the off-season with incredible skill! 

Haha...so true. Some players for what ever reason are plagued with injuries on and off the ice. I hope Rodin can at least avoid injuries off the ice. Here's wishing this long break from playing gives Rodin a chance to fully heal up.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1