The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks at Predators | Jan 10 | 5PM | SN Pacific | A Trip To Music City Edition

AlwaysACanuckFan

Image result for canucks and music logo

Image result for nashville predators logo

WHERE:   
            Image result for nashville predators arena

WHEN & HOW:

Image result for 5 pm                              ON    sportsnet_pacific.png

LINEUPS:
CANUCKS:
Daniel SedinHenrik SedinLoui Eriksson

Markus GranlundBrandon SutterJayson Megna

Sven BaertschiBo HorvatAlexandre Burrows

Brendan GaunceMichael ChaputJack Skille

Alexander EdlerTroy Stecher

Luca SbisaNikita Tryamkin

????             Alex Biega

Ryan Miller

* Tanev might play tonight! 
PREDATORS:
Filip ForsbergRyan JohansenCalle Jarnkrok

Austin WatsonMike FisherColton Sissons

Kevin FialaMike RibeiroCraig Smith

Harry ZolnierczykVladislav KamenevFrederick Gaudreau

Roman JosiRyan Ellis

Mattias EkholmMatt Irwin

Pontus AbergYannick Weber

Pekka Rinne

GAME DAY SPECIAL:  A FUN MUSICAL TRIBUTE
*Side note, what you're about to see is just purely for fun, entertaining purposes only. I confidentially assume most of the audience here well know these groups, singers and their songs. I changed some song titles to reflect hockey.

Not only do the Canucks look to start a new streak in Smashville, they also managed to get themselves some team bonding time. As it so happens there was a huge music fest happening as well where they took part of along with a few Predators. So this is how it all went down..

First up, Willie Nelson took to the stage opening up with his hit "On the Road Again"
willie nelson.jpg

Up next, Neil Young sang " I've been searching for my 100th win"
neil young.jpg

Then to change it up a bit Motley Crue took to the stage and sang "Dr Realgood"
motley crue.jpg

Journey took to the stage afterwards and performed " Don't Stop Bo-lievin"
journey.jpg

Following Journey, Ozzy Osbourne peformed "Crazy Train" I tell you the crowd went nuts once Ozzy started his song.
ozzy.jpg

With the crowd still going nuts, Guns and Roses peformed their hit song "Welcome to the Ice Rink"
gnr.jpg

With the crowd still going wild, Nirvana peformed " Smells Like Winning Spirit"
nirvana.jpg

Judas Priest followed that up with " Breaking the Law"
judas priest.jpg

It was one epic performance after another, but didn't stop when Dio peformed " All the Fools Skated Away"
dio.jpg

Shortly after Dio, The Styx took to the stage and performed "Mr Bo-voto"
styx.jpg

Then Europe took to the stage and performed their hit " Final Countdown".
europe.jpg

Garth Brooks took to the stage and performed his song " I had pucks go in low places"
garth.jpg

The last show before the encore, Queen performed their lengthy piece " Bohemian Rhapsody"
Queen.jpg

There was a short break and then the encore began starting off with Jimi Hendrix who performed " All Along The Watchtower".
jimi.jpg

Soon after that, Tom Petty performed " Refugee"
petty.jpg

The crowd went loud and nuts again when ACDC hit the stage and performed " Shoot To Thrill"
acdc.jpg

The encore continued with a performance by George Michael who performed "Faith" and " Too Funky"
gm.jpg

RIP George and all the others who are not with us!!

Finally the show wrapped up with a spectacular performance by Pink Floyd who did a few songs from The Wall album
pink.jpg

I think we should put Eriksson back with Granlund and Sutter. In the last Calgary game, Sedins didn't look too good with Eriksson and Sutter line also didn't look as good without Eriksson. Henrik has 2 assists in the last 5 games (all against the Avs) and Daniel has 1 assist in the last 5 games (against the avs). It's safe to say that at least right now (without Hansen), the Sedins are playing like a third line; might as well make Sutter line stronger.

I hope not, but I think only a losing streak will force WD to insert Rodin in the line up.

WD should really learn a thing or two about rotating the players. Internal competition never hurt anyone before -- in fact, it makes everyone better.

Need to start winning games on the road if there is to be any hope for the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, khay said:

I think we should put Eriksson back with Granlund and Sutter. In the last Calgary game, Sedins didn't look too good with Eriksson and Sutter line also didn't look as good without Eriksson. Henrik has 2 assists in the last 5 games (all against the Avs) and Daniel has 1 assist in the last 5 games (against the avs). It's safe to say that at least right now (without Hansen), the Sedins are playing like a third line; might as well make Sutter line stronger.

I hope not, but I think only a losing streak will force WD to insert Rodin in the line up.

WD should really learn a thing or two about rotating the players. Internal competition never hurt anyone before -- in fact, it makes everyone better.

Need to start winning games on the road if there is to be any hope for the playoffs.

I thought they looked more threatening than with Megna.  It felt like Eriksson had more jump to his game.  I think they want to play together - Henrik said it was nice to play with Eriksson again.

Fwiw, this was the first game in a long time where the Sedin line directed more shots towards the net than their opponents.  In their previous games they had been totally buried Corsi wise while this time they were a positive - even led the team with a positive differential of +7.

6-1 Nashville.  Willie dress 3 defensemen and plays only Rodin all game long as his revenge for all the questions.  Rodin scores on a 1 on 4 PP but WD sites his poor play through the rest of the game as reason why he was right to sit him all along.

20 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Unreal, Pedan is still in Utica:

Flight time shows 4.5 hrs to Nashville. So maybe Tanev does play, but is a last minute decision ideal? Should Pedan not be already up here on standby? 

Willie is going to "wait and see" what unfolds. His intuition is strong.willie.jpg

Archived