The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Here's the thing: JB should get rid of Megna now

Horvats_Big_Head

I want to clarify that I never intended this to be a bash Megna thread. He is simply doing his job and being wrongly rewarded by a delusional coach. Or maybe where there is smoke there is fire, considering a possible affair. 

This is more of a thread to bring attention to the quality of WD as a coach. 

3 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

So Willie should put in a proven non-scorer in place of a guy who's proving to be a non-scorer :lol:

Just do the obvious and leave Loui with the twins. BPA and who cares if he isn't a RH shot. Loui is defensively sound enough to be their partner, and last night they had the 2 best scoring chances. If you do that, the rest of the line riddle becomes a lot easer to solve. 

Put Burrows back with the twins, Eriksson back with Sutter and Granlund, Gaunce with Bo and Baer and Megna with Skille and Chaput.

Danny hank Burr

Baer Bo Gaunce

Gran Sutter Eriksson

Skille Chaput Megna

when hansen and rodin are ready to go

Danny hank hansen

Baer Bo Rodin

Gran Sutter Eriksson

Burr Gaunce Skille

18 minutes ago, Misconduct16 said:

Dude, while your point is somewhat valid, keep it above the deck. Not ok.

Could there be sexual affairs going on with these players? This is obviously entirely unlikely and a silly thing to say, but I would never rule it out. 

It is a possible explanation. This kind of malfeasance is not unheard of in business. 

30 minutes ago, stawns said:

Put Burrows back with the twins, Eriksson back with Sutter and Granlund, Gaunce with Bo and Baer and Megna with Skille and Chaput.

Danny hank Burr

Baer Bo Gaunce

Gran Sutter Eriksson

Skille Chaput Megna

Danny hank hansen

Baer Bo Rodin

Gran Sutter Eriksson

Burr Gaunce Skille

These are the ideal combinations imo.  I would like to see what Gaunce can do playing with some more skilled linemates.

37 minutes ago, stawns said:

Danny hank Burr

Baer Bo Gaunce

Gran Sutter Eriksson

Skille Chaput Megna

Danny hank hansen

Baer Bo Rodin

Gran Sutter Eriksson

Burr Gaunce Skille

Last game, Baer-Horvat played vs the 1st line of Hall-Henrique and they played more minutes vs the 1st D pairing of Merrill-Lovejoy than any other line including the Sedins.  They need an experienced vet on their line to help them take on that additional responsibility.  It's not Gaunce or Rodin that is going to help them.  I think Burrows is a good fit for them because he makes the link between their playing style while bringing experience.  If Burrows must absolutely play with the Sedins, then put Eriksson on their line.  

9 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Megna is not what caused the problems in that game. 

Do any of you watch how many open passes the twins pass up just so they can pass to each other, 99  times out of 100 leading to nothing. They are draining the life out of the team. Bo's line went AWOL. But all some of you can do is concentrate on a low paid AHL place filler.

It's so convenient to avoid criticising your favourites or even to ignore the fact we just don't have enough prime alternatives at present. For those harping on about giving more time to the 2nd PP, maybe you can see it's not as simple as that, they were cr-p too.

The Twins are in danger of tarnishing their legacy the more they play this "keep away" selfish game. They need to change. And please JB do not renew them, I am now at the stage I would rather lose every week than continue to watch their circus.

I think WD must now do something about the twins, rest them, split them up, anything but continue with the same boring perimeter BS they are serving up just now.

Finally you admit WD is the problem and should be fired 

1 minute ago, mll said:

Last game, Baer-Horvat played vs the 1st line of Hall-Henrique and they played more minutes vs the 1st D pairing of Merrill-Lovejoy than any other line including the Sedins.  They need an experienced vet on their line to help them take on that additional responsibility.  It's not Gaunce or Rodin that is going to help them.  I think Burrows is a good fit for them because he makes the link between their playing style while bringing experience.  If Burrows must absolutely play with the Sedins, than put Eriksson on their line.  

I think both Baer and Bo are past that stage now and Rodin isn't some green rookie either.  he's a defensively responsible professional veteran

Though they split some of the duties, for the most part Sutter gets the lions share of the matchups on home ice.  I think it was more that WD didn't really see a need to matchup against NJ's top line.

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

a8e33303265b93fdda5854c509c21d27

International play =/= NHL.

I've maintained from before the signing that 5v5, in the NHL, they won't be a good fit.

Less time, less space, more physicality, more requirement for puck retrieval and board battling.

1 minute ago, J.R. said:

You lost me... :blink: What does that have to do with Rodin not being healthy/the Sedins and EK not being a good fit?

EK = Evander Kane?  Heck, Evander sounds exactly like a guy that would do well with the Twins.  He's a better version of Hansen.

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

I think both Baer and Bo are past that stage now and Rodin isn't some green rookie either.  he's a defensively responsible professional veteran

Though they split some of the duties, for the most part Sutter gets the lions share of the matchups on home ice.  I think it was more that WD didn't really see a need to matchup against NJ's top line.

Not quite true re Sutter and matchups.  It depends on the games but Horvat plays his fair share against the top lines.  I think WD is not trying to shelter him but testing him against the other teams best lines.  

Baer-Horvat spoke of how much Burrows helps them by doing a lot of the heavy lifting - being strong on the forecheck and digging out pucks for them.  I don't see Rodin in that role.  Burrows is also defensively responsible which allows Baer to be more aggressive offensively and not have Horvat be the lone player covering for him.  I think they need a strong two-way player on their line and I really don't s see it being Rodin.  One of the things they need to learn is consistency at the NHL level and Rodin is not an NHLer yet.  

1 hour ago, Hectic said:

Agreed. Let's not take away from how hilarious this post was, I laughed so hard reading it! I actually don't think Megna is that bad, but you're right, CDC gotta blame somebody right - got ourselves the new Raymond.

Raymond had a 25 goal season....Megna in 28 games has 6 points....  Comparing him to Raymond is ridiculous.....You could compare him to Vey but

even Linden was significantly better than Megna.   Where is Vey playing now?  We are literally playing someone who sucks worse than Vey, who can't

crack an NHL roster, on our top lines and pp units.  In 30 years ive never seen this happen in hockey for more that a few games.  WTF

1 minute ago, Ronning4center said:

Raymond had a 25 goal season....Megna in 28 games has 6 points....  Comparing him to Raymond is ridiculous.....You could compare him to Vey but

even Linden was significantly better than Megna.   Where is Vey playing now?  We are literally playing someone how sucks worse than Vey, who can't

crack an NHL roster, on our top lines and pp units.  In 30 years ive never seen this happen in hockey for more that a few games.  WTF

Jayson Megna is .....REALGOODSUPERCUT.jpg

Archived