The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Here's the thing: JB should get rid of Megna now

Horvats_Big_Head

14 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

This team is punching in it's weight class. The 65 point team mindset was perpetrated by biased sports bloggers who feigned actual knowledge on the subject which really belied a need to deride this team and fanbase. I think this team could even be in a higher points bracket if Willie would allow himself to get past some stubborn decisions and ideas, mainly the zombified power play.

And message boards exist for what other purpose?

Given the injuries to top 4 D, Hansen et al, it's a miracle we can even talk about playoffs as even a distant possibility at this point. 

Just now, 189lb enforcers? said:

They are one Sedin or Horvat injury away from certain doom. 

Dont distance this roster from that 65 point mark just yet! 

The 65 point projections made by the majority of the yahoos out there were made with a healthy roster.

1 minute ago, coastal.view said:

you are assuming we have talent to insert

we do not

we have fringe talent at best

it's simply rearranging the chairs or furniture

so that people see different things

without any meaningful improvement

so why do it ?   let the existing dmen develop

let bo and other young offensive talent develop within the existing group

the fringe players matter little

but why create constant change and turmoil for so little upside

just because fans do not like seeing a crappy/average team

it will still be a crappy to average team at best

THIS!

I could sort of understand it if Rodin was both healthy and not 6 months behind but there's no white knights available and people act like calling up Grenier is the difference between what we have now and playoffs.

Sorry but that's just delusional.

2 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

you are assuming we have talent to insert

we do not

we have fringe talent at best

it's simply rearranging the chairs or furniture

so that people see different things

without any meaningful improvement

so why do it ?   let the existing dmen develop

let bo and other young offensive talent develop within the existing group

the fringe players matter little

but why create constant change and turmoil for so little upside

just because fans do not like seeing a crappy/average team

it will still be a crappy to average team at best

I will not disagree with this premise but nevertheless, you never know what kind of chemistry may result with a deck shuffle and an insertion of a offensive player hungry to impress.

In lieu of Hansen the Sedins are the 3rd line. Their time is done. Their contracts are nearing completion after which we will have to transition to a new core. Lets leave the Bae Bo, Granlund Sutter Eriksson, lines intact as those are the the players who will be inheriting the team after the Sedins are gone. I have no problem throwing 4th liners with the Sedins and feeding them to the sharks while Hansen is out. Better them than Bo. We saw how being forced into a 1st line role played out for Bo last year. Lets just keep feeding him match ups he can win until he's eventually winning against other teams top lines in due time. 

Though I wouldn't mind seeing if Skille can find some jam with the twins. The Eriksson experiment has not gone well as it places far too much pressure on our defence. Granlund has become an absolute stud playing with Sutter Eriksson I'm game to see how that plays out in the future. Heck Granlund is now outscoring his brother. Who would have seen that coming when we traded for him?    

Just now, J.R. said:

THIS!

I could sort of understand it if Rodin was both healthy and not 6 months behind but there's no white knights available and people act like calling up Grenier is the difference between what we have now and playoffs.

Sorry but that's just delusional.

Calling up Grenier is a great idea, if anyone was curious to see what Shawn Matthias would play like if he was an underachieving and soft as butter player from Quebec.

4 minutes ago, riffraff said:

I will not disagree with this premise but nevertheless, you never know what kind of chemistry may result with a deck shuffle and an insertion of a offensive player hungry to impress.

and equally you never know what the downside of constant unnecessary change is either

i like a less disruptive work environment myself

allows me to relax more, focus better, perform at a higher level, closer to my optimum

Just now, coastal.view said:

and equally you never no what the downside of constant unnecessary change is either

allows me to relax more, focus better, perform at a higher level, closer to my optimum

You work in a country club?  B)

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

It would be interesting to see what the players who are presently sitting can bring to the table, if only for one game at a time.

Why not slot in Pedan for Biega?

Why not slot in Boucher for Megna or Chaput?

What exactly is the harm in doing so?

Wouldn't want the guys thinking that someone might take their spot if they don't play well, would we?  :lol:

1 minute ago, coastal.view said:

and equally you never know what the downside of constant unnecessary change is either

Constant, unnecessary change doesn't not equal subbing out a player for another player to see what you have. That would be astute management of players.

If Willie was line-juggling every game and sitting someone new every week, that would qualify as constant, unnecessary change.

8 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

Firstly:  hyperbole 

Secondly: So there is no problem(s) then?

6 minutes ago, hammertime said:

In lieu of Hansen the Sedins are the 3rd line. Their time is done. Their contracts are nearing completion after which we will have to transition to a new core. Lets leave the Bae Bo, Granlund Sutter Eriksson, lines intact as those are the the players who will be inheriting the team after the Sedins are gone. I have no problem throwing 4th liners with the Sedins and feeding them to the sharks while Hansen is out. Better them than Bo. We saw how being forced into a 1st line role played out for Bo last year. Lets just keep feeding him match ups he can win until he's eventually winning against other teams top lines in due time. 

Though I wouldn't mind seeing if Skille can find some jam with the twins. The Eriksson experiment has not gone well as it places far too much pressure on our defence. Granlund has become an absolute stud playing with Sutter Eriksson I'm game to see how that plays out in the future. Heck Granlund is now outscoring his brother who would have seen that coming when we traded for him?    

Last night Baer-Horvat played vs the 1st line of Hall-Henrique and saw more time vs the 1st D pairing than any other line including the Sedins.  WD is not trying to shelter them.  

Markus has one more goal than his brother in 3 more games but Mikael has never been a goal scorer - he's the playmaker on the line and is up to 35pts in 42 games.

there are many ways in a work place environment to achieve best results from workers (or players)

threat of losing one's position due to a better replacement coming up is only one consideration

some people need time with a degree of security so they can develop without fear of being moved on if there is ever a mistake or slip up

there are many other motivational methods

i just do not think replacing fringe players with other fringe players has much upside

and certainly focusing on dumping on a fringe player, or scape goating the coach, etc.

adds little value to a group that is an odd combination of slightly to old veterans, slightly too young talent, and a bunch of fillers

that is not a high quality mix and it will take some time and patience to get it sorted

2 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

there are many ways in a work place environment to achieve best results from workers (or players)

threat of losing one's position due to a better replacement coming up is only one consideration

some people need time with a degree of security so they can develop without fear of being moved on if there is ever a mistake or slip up

there are many other motivational methods

i just do not think replacing fringe players with other fringe players has much upside

and certainly focusing on dumping on a fringe player, or scape goating the coach, etc.

adds little value to a group that is an odd combination of slightly to old veterans, slightly too young talent, and a bunch of fillers

that is not a high quality mix and it will take some time and patience to get it sorted

Makes some sense for everyday companies.

this is a pro sports franchise.

Archived