The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Could we get Ryan Johansen?

Wow, he's got the same amount of points as Bo in a game less. Would be great to get him for sure, but if the package is what you've just mentioned, our 1st round pick would be the center piece. Depending on how badly we do this year, we're essentially giving up a player that could turn out to be like Johansen + Hutton + Virtanen. Johansen would also have less talent to play with around here, so you'd have to consider whether his production would be the same as in Nashville or Columbus. 

All in all, I think it would be great to acquire Johansen, but you'd also have to think about the kind of package that Seth Jones would bring back. Nashville won't give up Johansen for no reason, only to bring back pieces that is worth less than what they started out with in Jones.

I'm gonna pretend to be a mod. Tag your topic title OP; [Proposal].

8 minutes ago, Bandwagon38 said:

After his interview yesterday with him saying how much he loves it here in Vancouver, would we want him and could we get him?

Virtanen + Hutton + 1st

It's a good offer. Not sure if Nashville would take it though. We are 1 point behind them for the final Wild Card spot so it's unlikely that they trade their team leader in points.

15 minutes ago, Green⌃Arrow said:

I'm gonna pretend to be a mod. Tag your topic title OP; [Proposal].

It's a good offer. Not sure if Nashville would take it though. We are 1 point behind them for the final Wild Card spot so it's unlikely that they trade their team leader in points.

This. Unless he wants to come home in 2-3 years, absolutely no reason for Nashville to trade him. 

Only way Ryan Johansen comes to Vancouver is when he becomes a UFA and signs here... I suspect that's what is going to happen but likely won't happen for at least another 5+ years... also with Sutter, Sedin, and Horvat as our centres for the next season (or two)... there's absolutely no room for him unless the Predators take Sutter's contract in a deal.

Also... the Predators have defensive depth so they probably aren't *that* interested in Hutton anyways.

PASS (for now).

The Predators have been looking for a C1 for 17 years - ever since their franchise was created.  Poile kept on repeating that at the trade.  It was really hard for them to move Seth Jones but that was the cost to pay.

Poile the other day just said that Johansen is just scratching the surface of his potential.  There is absolutely no way that they move him.  

6 hours ago, mll said:

The Predators have been looking for a C1 for 17 years - ever since their franchise was created.  Poile kept on repeating that at the trade.  It was really hard for them to move Seth Jones but that was the cost to pay.

Poile the other day just said that Johansen is just scratching the surface of his potential.  There is absolutely no way that they move him.  

What he said. This is one of those ones where you can put together a super reasonable and balanced proposal, but it will be entirely hypothetical. Situationally, there is no way he gets moved.

Although nothing wrong with putting together hypothetical balanced proposals for kicks. We all gotta keep those arm chair GM muscles strong.  

6 hours ago, mll said:

Wasn't there another player on the Predators that Poile stated he'd never trade?............Skills-0144.gif

7 hours ago, mll said:

Add to that they traded Seth Jones to get him. He's not someone they'll move on from easily. None of the pieces suggested in the OP equal his immediate talent.

9 hours ago, Bandwagon38 said:

After his interview yesterday with him saying how much he loves it here in Vancouver, would we want him and could we get him?

Virtanen + Hutton + 1st

Replace Virtanen with Brock Boeser 

But imo, lets just not trade for these big names. Too expensive LOL Just build from scatch

Just wait for him to become a UFA :)

51 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Wasn't there another player on the Predators that Poile stated he'd never trade?............Skills-0144.gif

In fact he said he doesn't know who he would trade him for - he is that good.  

He also said that he made the trade only because it was Subban otherwise Weber would have stayed put.  Subban simply plays more how Laviolette wants to play - he wants his Ds to be able to carry the puck and cycle with the Fs.  That's not Weber.  

Propose another true C1 and who knows what happens but unless it's an established and young C1 that comes back (say Scheifele, Barkov) - Johansen is not moving. 

45 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

You're giving me a false sense of hope with this one.

Nashville isn't stacked down the middle though.

If I was Poile and JB called about RyJo, first word out of my mouth would be "Horvat."

24 minutes ago, luckylager said:

You're giving me a false sense of hope with this one.

Nashville isn't stacked down the middle though.

If I was Poile and JB called about RyJo, first word out of my mouth would be "Horvat."

Yeah. That would be the starting point. No need for Johansen when Vancouver has the Ox.

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Yeah. That would be the starting point. No need for Johansen when Vancouver has the Ox.

I didn't say that! I'd love to get RyJo. Horvat and Johansen is exactly the type of 1-2 C depth I'd love the Canucks to have. 

The thought of it makes me excited. More so than any of the Duchesne talk, that's for sure. I just don't see Poile going for it unless he improves his forward core. Horvat + for RyJo, even though their numbers this year are comparable. 

Sutter + Granny + 1st? Seems a lot like Ballard, Raymond and a 1st...

2 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I didn't say that! I'd love to get RyJo. Horvat and Johansen is exactly the type of 1-2 C depth I'd love the Canucks to have. 

The thought of it makes me excited. More so than any of the Duchesne talk, that's for sure. I just don't see Poile going for it unless he improves his forward core. Horvat + for RyJo, even though their numbers this year are comparable. 

Sutter + Granny + 1st? Seems a lot like Ballard, Raymond and a 1st...

I know. I did. Ryan Johansen would be great to have in a Canucks uniform, but not if it means losing Bo. I agree with your statement.

His comments during the first intermission were great too. Complimentary to the Canucks, and humble. He'd be great, and he has a sweet mullet.

Archived