The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Extra 5%

EdgarM

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/postgame--horvat-vs-wild/t-277437438/c-49105103

Really like Bo's discussion on the effort of play of late. He stated they should be playing like a playoff team and should be giving that extra 5%. Please make this guy the Captain soon! This has been a glaring problem for this team for a very long time and this is the first I heard of a Canuck admitting it and challenging his fellow players to give that extra effort. If they did this they would definitely be winning more games and there would be a greater entertainment factor for the fans.

Its very easy to see the players that are giving that extra effort and those that are not night in and night out. Miller, Markstrom, Tryampkin, Biega, Stecher, Edler, Sbisa, Tanev,  Hansen, Sutter, Baertchi, Skille and Bo show this pretty much every night and I can't wait until this is the norm and all players are on the same page and they fight for the 2 points every night. Dare to dream.

Give him the A next year, and then the C after the Sedins retire. You cant disrespect your franchises all-time best player like that..

11 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Rip the C of Sedin's hairless chest and put it on either Guddy or Horvat, and get an identity already. Enough is enough. 

11 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Rip the C of Sedin's hairless chest and put it on either Guddy or Horvat, and get an identity already. Enough is enough. 

Get ready for a flaming, mate.

On another note, assuming Burrows is gone next year, the battle for the "A" is between Edler (who's worn it a few times) and Horvat. While I think Edler is a solid alternate leader, especially for the defense corps, I feel like it would be better to ease Bo in and giving the 'A' to him next year would be a nice transition.

3 minutes ago, Laheys Liquor said:

Give him the A next year, and then the C after the Sedins retire. You cant disrespect your franchises all-time best player like that..

I beg to differ on the above statement. I think Mr. Bure and a couple of others would be beneficiaries of that distinction.

If Hank was the type of player people boast about, then he would see that it is time to pass it on. If not this year then definitely next.

4 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

While the sedins are great players and love what they have done for this city and how they have entertained us over the years they are not captain material 

15 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

While the sedins are great players and love what they have done for this city and how they have entertained us over the years they are not captain material 

While they have a lot of contributions, "grabbing the bull by the horns" is not one of them. It was a funny period when they had no idea and even tried Luongo as the Captain for a bit. This was a mistake made back then and I guess it was like "who should we give it to?" and Hank ended up with it.

6 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

While they have a lot of contributions, "grabbing the bull by the horns" is not one of them. It was a funny period when they had no idea and even tried Luongo as the Captain for a bit. This was a mistake made back then and I guess it was like "who should we give it to?" and Hank ended up with it.

Because of keslers shortcoming particularly with the refs he was not captain. But other than that he is pretty much exactly what you want in a captain 

6 hours ago, Laheys Liquor said:

As opposed to ripping the C off maybe it would be better to ask politely that they captaincy is given up, much like Henrik would do.

I'm only agreeing to this because at this point in the Sedin's careers it seems that they may be better left to focus on their games as opposed to all the other issues.

6 hours ago, EdgarM said:

I beg to differ on the above statement. I think Mr. Bure and a couple of others would be beneficiaries of that distinction.

If Hank was the type of player people boast about, then he would see that it is time to pass it on. If not this year then definitely next.

InternationalEdit

AwardYear

Olympic gold medal (with Sweden)2006

World Championship gold medal (with Sweden)2013

All-Star Team2013 IIHF World Championship

NHLEdit

Henrik's plaque on the Art Ross Trophy.

AwardYear

Hart Memorial Trophy2010[75]

Art Ross Trophy (Leading Scorer)2010[67]

King Clancy Memorial Trophy2016

First All-Star Team2010,[76] 2011[76]

Sporting News Player of the Year2010[72]

All-Star Game2008, 2011, 2012

Second Star of the MonthMarch 2009[52] and January 2010[60]

First Star of the MonthDecember 2009[59]

Third Star of the MonthMarch 2010,[65] December 2011[95]

Vancouver CanucksEdit

AwardYear

Cyrus H. McLean Trophy (leading scorer)2008, 2009, 2010, 2012[66]

Cyclone Taylor Trophy (MVP)2010, 2012[66]

Molson Cup (most three-star selections)2010[66]

RecordsEdit

Vancouver Canucks' franchise record for all-time assists – 704 as of 2014–15 (surpassed Trevor Linden's 415 assists on 14 March 2010)[62]

Vancouver Canucks' franchise record for assists in one season – 83 (2009–10) (surpassed his own 71 assists in 2006–07)[40]

Vancouver Canucks' franchise record for points in one season – 112 (2009–10) (surpassed Pavel Bure's 110 points in 1992–93)[66]

Vancouver Canucks' franchise record for most consecutive regular season games played – 679 (streak ended by bruised rib injury 18 January 2014; sixth-longest streak in NHL history as of that date)[145]

Vancouver Canucks' franchise record for all-time leading scorer – 757 points (set 15 February 2013; surpassed Markus Näslund's 756 points).[3]

1000 points with one team. 

Horvats time will come, handing him the C on a team that's struggling and  going nowhere isn't doing him any favours. 

Bure was great and easily the most exciting player in franchise history but hank is the best player to suit up as a canuck. 

7 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Lol. Ur either drunk or stupid. Either way , why do guys like u always ruin the uper bowl ? 

6 minutes ago, combover said:

InternationalEdit

AwardYear

Olympic gold medal (with Sweden)2006

World Championship gold medal (with Sweden)2013

All-Star Team2013 IIHF World Championship

NHLEdit

Henrik's plaque on the Art Ross Trophy.

AwardYear

Hart Memorial Trophy2010[75]

Art Ross Trophy (Leading Scorer)2010[67]

King Clancy Memorial Trophy2016

First All-Star Team2010,[76] 2011[76]

Sporting News Player of the Year2010[72]

All-Star Game2008, 2011, 2012

Second Star of the MonthMarch 2009[52] and January 2010[60]

First Star of the MonthDecember 2009[59]

Third Star of the MonthMarch 2010,[65] December 2011[95]

Vancouver CanucksEdit

AwardYear

Cyrus H. McLean Trophy (leading scorer)2008, 2009, 2010, 2012[66]

Cyclone Taylor Trophy (MVP)2010, 2012[66]

Molson Cup (most three-star selections)2010[66]

RecordsEdit

Vancouver Canucks' franchise record for all-time assists – 704 as of 2014–15 (surpassed Trevor Linden's 415 assists on 14 March 2010)[62]

Vancouver Canucks' franchise record for assists in one season – 83 (2009–10) (surpassed his own 71 assists in 2006–07)[40]

Vancouver Canucks' franchise record for points in one season – 112 (2009–10) (surpassed Pavel Bure's 110 points in 1992–93)[66]

Vancouver Canucks' franchise record for most consecutive regular season games played – 679 (streak ended by bruised rib injury 18 January 2014; sixth-longest streak in NHL history as of that date)[145]

Vancouver Canucks' franchise record for all-time leading scorer – 757 points (set 15 February 2013; surpassed Markus Näslund's 756 points).[3]

1000 points with one team. 

Horvats time will come, handing him the C on a team that's struggling and  going nowhere isn't doing him any favours. 

Bure was great and easily the most exciting player in franchise history but hank is the best player to suit up as a canuck. 

Wow you must be a serious Hank fan. Second star of the month? :lol: Its all opinion and you definitely have yours and I have mine and I am definitely not going to look up ALL of Bure's accolades as I am not going to "back and forth" with you. Yet........I wonder....... how many times Bure was the first star during his career. :rolleyes:

15 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Wow you must be a serious Hank fan. Second star of the month? :lol: Its all opinion and you definitely have yours and I have mine and I am definitely not going to look up ALL of Bure's accolades as I am not going to "back and forth" with you. Yet........I wonder....... how many times Bure was the first star during his career. :rolleyes:

Edit

AwardYear

World Junior Championship Best Forward1989

World Junior Championship All-Star Team1989

World Junior Championship gold medal (Soviet Union)1989

World Championship gold medal (Soviet Union)1990

World Championship Second All-Star Team1991

Winter Olympics Best Forward1998

International Ice Hockey Federation Hall of Fame2012

NHLEdit

AwardYear

Calder Memorial Trophy1992

NHL All-Star Game selection1993, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001

NHL First All-Star Team1994

NHL All-Star Game MVP2000

NHL Second All-Star Team2000, 2001

Maurice "Rocket" Richard Trophy2000, 2001 (led the league in goals in 1994, prior to trophy's creation)

Hockey Hall of Fame2012

Vancouver CanucksEdit

AwardYear

Most Exciting Player Award1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1998

Molson Cup (three-star selection leader)1992, 1993, 1994, 1998

Cyclone Taylor Trophy (MVP)1993, 1994, 1998

Cyrus H. McLean Trophy (leading scorer)1993, 1994, 1995, 1998

RecordsEdit

TeamEdit

Vancouver Canucks' single-season record, most points by a rookie – 60 in 1991–92 (tied with Ivan Hlinka, 1981–82)

Vancouver Canucks' single-season record, most goals – 60 in 1992–93 and 1993–94

Vancouver Canucks' all-time playoffs record, most goals – 34 (tied with Trevor Linden)

Vancouver Canucks' all-time record, most shorthanded goals – 24[52]

Vancouver Canucks' single-game record, most goals – four versus the Winnipeg Jets on October 12, 1992 (tied with Rosaire Paiement, Bobby Schmautz, Rick Blight, Petri Skriko, Greg Adams, Tony Tanti, Martin Gelinas, Markus Näslund and Daniel Sedin)[52]

Florida Panthers' single-season record, most goals – 59 in 2000–01

Florida Panthers' single-season record, most points – 94 in 1999–2000

InternationalEdit

World Junior Championships all-time record, most goals – 27 in 21 games (1989–1991)[186]

Winter Olympics single-game record, most goals – five (1998; semifinal vs. Finland)

it takes two seconds it's called google.

impressive for sure but nowhere near franchise best all times. 

Archived