The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonathan Dahlén | C/LW

Mathew Barzal

2 hours ago, JamesBlondage said:

Here's the highlight package of Dahlen's five point night. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/HockeyWebCast/status/839578048869593094/video/1

kid is looking really good! 

five point in the second tier swedish league is still pretty good. impressive. 

hope he signs with the canucks this off-season, and start producing in the AHL. 

2 hours ago, Zhukini said:

He had the OT winner in a 3-2 game today. I don't have a clip but I'm sure it'll be out soon :)

It was a penalty shot in the shootout. Only one to score. Counts as a goal though! Ludwig Blomstrand also scored lol

7 hours ago, Zhukini said:

He had the OT winner in a 3-2 game today. I don't have a clip but I'm sure it'll be out soon :)

4 hours ago, Derp... said:

It was a penalty shot in the shootout. Only one to score. Counts as a goal though! Ludwig Blomstrand also scored lol

Sweet. Do we know when the next game starts?  is this a best of 7 series?  Anyone know where we can find the bracket info?

It looks like Utica could be getting a nice injection of youth and talent. It sounds like Dahlen will be heading there after this season and he should be a pretty good player there. I would expect some transitioning time though as he gets acclimated to the smaller ice. 

If we keep Boeser down there for a year, they could be a pretty good team. I'm not 100% sure on all of these guys, but hopefully someone can correct me where I'm wrong. All of these guys could/should be in Utica next year:

Boeser

Dahlen

Brisebois

Jasek

Stukel

McKenzie

Neill

Abols

MacEwan

Olsen

If all those guys really can join the team next year it will be great for the organization. All those guys would have a chance to get familiar with each other and grow together as it is a pretty young team. 

48 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

It looks like Utica could be getting a nice injection of youth and talent. It sounds like Dahlen will be heading there after this season and he should be a pretty good player there. I would expect some transitioning time though as he gets acclimated to the smaller ice. 

If we keep Boeser down there for a year, they could be a pretty good team. I'm not 100% sure on all of these guys, but hopefully someone can correct me where I'm wrong. All of these guys could/should be in Utica next year:

Boeser

Dahlen

Brisebois

Jasek

Stukel

McKenzie

Neill

Abols

MacEwan

Olsen

If all those guys really can join the team next year it will be great for the organization. All those guys would have a chance to get familiar with each other and grow together as it is a pretty young team. 

And maybe gaudette, drooling!

1 hour ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Boeser

Dahlen

Brisebois

Jasek

Stukel

McKenzie

Neill

Abols

MacEwan

Olsen

It's a nice list. Will be interesting to see which exp'd skaters the org keeps, to help out this youth.

1 minute ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

It's a nice list. Will be interesting to see which exp'd skaters the org keeps, to help out this youth.

Defense- Pedan, McEneny, Sautner, Subban

Offence- Labate?Grenier? Not a lot of forward prospects Archibald?

The comets are going to see a big turnover up front next year. Will be interesting to see how they do. But with Demko in net, a decent D group and a bunch of young fast offensive forwards coming in, it should be fun to watch!

Dahlen-Cassels-Virtanen

Jasek-Gaudette-Boeser

MacEwan-Aston Reese?-Laplante

Stukel-Abols-Mackenzie

Whatever they do, there is going to be a lot of competition for spots!

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Defense- Pedan, McEneny, Sautner, Subban

Offence- Labate?Grenier? Not a lot of forward prospects Archibald?

The comets are going to see a big turnover up front next year. Will be interesting to see how they do. But with Demko in net, a decent D group and a bunch of young fast offensive forwards coming in, it should be fun to watch!

Dahlen-Cassels-Virtanen

Jasek-Gaudette-Boeser

MacEwan-Aston Reese?-Laplante

Stukel-Abols-Mackenzie

Whatever they do, there is going to be a lot of competition for spots!

Dahlen or even Zhukenov have a better chance at being Utica's number 1 center IMO. Cassels is nothing more than a third liner at this point.

I imagine if we did sign Aston Reese he'd be playing left wing alongside Gaudette.

We'll see if they re-sign Valk as well. I don't see why they wouldn't.

18 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Dahlen or even Zhukenov have a better chance at being Utica's number 1 center IMO. Cassels is nothing more than a third liner at this point.

I imagine if we did sign Aston Reese he'd be playing left wing alongside Gaudette.

We'll see if they re-sign Valk as well. I don't see why they wouldn't.

Ya I wasn't really ranking them on where they'd play, more like, chances of being on the team. Also won't be surprised if Valk is offered a contract from another NHL team or if he goes international. I doubt the Canucks give him a contract but maybe the Comets will give him another.

1 minute ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Kid can rip it...both him and Boeser have slapper's that you can't even see the puck before it's in the net and Gaudette's slapper isn't far behind for speed and may be the most accurate.

We may have 3 snipper's added to our team by the end of next year!! 

Can we call them the barbers? :P

I'm pretty hyped too.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Weasel said:

Can we call them the barbers? :P

I'm pretty hyped too.

i'm pretty excited as well! 

the arrival of Dahlen, Boeser and Gaudette has me salivating at the prospect of what they're able to do (and the risk and disappointment of not being able to do) in the NHL next season

i'm curious with Boeser, I wanna see him play with the Canucks before season's end. wonder if he'll get that opportunity....

5 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

i'm pretty excited as well! 

the arrival of Dahlen, Boeser and Gaudette has me salivating at the prospect of what they're able to do (and the risk and disappointment of not being able to do) in the NHL next season

i'm curious with Boeser, I wanna see him play with the Canucks before season's end. wonder if he'll get that opportunity....

Boeser seems to have been injured on and off this year.... i'd rather him recover and focus on a big summer of training and come to camp ready to earn a spot.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Kid can rip it...both him and Boeser have slapper's that you can't even see the puck before it's in the net and Gaudette's slapper isn't far behind for speed and may be the most accurate.

We may have 3 snipper's added to our team by the end of next year!! 

We signed a 27 year old Shore, and have Megna, and Skille hanging around.  I think we would all love to see these younger guys you mention, but I am a feared JB has other plans, which includes older "age gap" fillers.:(