The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikolay Goldobin | LW/RW

Scorevat

1 hour ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

So considering they're in New York, Goldy can slot in today?

Doubtful that Goldy plays today because the Comets played in Laval yesterday and spent much of the night on a bus back to Utica unless they planned ahead and Goldy took a flight from Montreal to NYC after the game.   

21 minutes ago, UticaHockey said:

Doubtful that Goldy plays today because the Comets played in Laval yesterday and spent much of the night on a bus back to Utica unless they planned ahead and Goldy took a flight from Montreal to NYC after the game.   

Yeah, it’s confirmed he won’t play (Burmistrov draws in).

Apparently Goldy only arrived at MSG a half hour ago carrying his bags and sticks.

6 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Yeah, it’s confirmed he won’t play (Burmistrov draws in).

Apparently Goldy only arrived at MSG a half hour ago carrying his bags and sticks.

Super!  I love seeing Burmistrov, Gagner out there floating around accomplishing nothing, while Goldy munches popcorn.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Personally I'd much rather watch Goldy, and have those other two eating popcorn. 

Burmistrov is probably in for Sutter at centre, a position Goldobin cannot fill.

I used to dislike the Gagner acquisition and his first few games were less than impressive.

But I am pleasantly surprised with how physical and abrasive he is for his size and he is excellent defensively and offensively on the power play.

Goldy will get his chance, what with Igor and Utica management promoting his progress.

When he does get in the lineup, I think it will be Jake or Gaunce in the pressbox; maybe Tuesday vs the NYI.

1 minute ago, Goal:thecup said:

Burmistrov is probably in for Sutter at centre, a position Goldobin cannot fill.

I used to dislike the Gagner acquisition and his first few games were less than impressive.

But I am pleasantly surprised with how physical and abrasive he is for his size and he is excellent defensively and offensively on the power play.

Goldy will get his chance, what with Igor and Utica management promoting his progress.

When he does get in the lineup, I think it will be Jake or Gaunce in the pressbox; maybe Tuesday vs the NYI.

Goldy should be in this line-up, and developing his NHL game.  He's a proven star in the AHL.  I don't see Gagner as an abrasive player.  His signing was a mistake.  

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Both Burmistrov and Gagner have been effective, imo.

Gagner's 2 goals in 23 games looks very weak, he was brought in to score.

And he plays a perimeter game. At least Burmi mixes it up on the boards.

I would play Goldy for sure.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Goldy should be in this line-up, and developing his NHL game.  He's a proven star in the AHL.  I don't see Gagner as an abrasive player.  His signing was a mistake.  

Gagner has had a history through his career of being a perimeter player. Cannot say much more. Edmonton-Philly-Columbus; no fit.  My impression is he is looking for the play a tad to much, shoot! Not willing to see Gaunce or Virtanen sit in exchange for Gagner icetime. Burmi is a bigger debate. I lean towards Burmistrov.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, Hairy Kneel said:

Gagner's 2 goals in 23 games looks very weak, he was brought in to score.

And he plays a perimeter game. At least Burmi mixes it up on the boards.

I was not comparing those two (Burmistrov and Gagner).

I like Burmistrov's game (more than Gaunce's).

Burmistrov is in at centre for Sutter; nothing to do with Goldovin.

Gagner's goal production is still disappointing but he is involved with the play and seems to get under opponents' skins.

He is also very good at puck possesion, keeping it in the zone on the power play, for example.

He plays a pro game and the alternatives (Jake, Gaunce, and Goldovin) are still finding their way.

Goldy will get in and deserves a look, and I really hope he sticks, like Igor and Comets' management seem to think he will.

He has lots of talent, has worked on the defensive side of his game, and is a positive spirit that I hope fits in with the team a little better than in the past.

I really like Green's player deployment.

He has made a lot of moves I did not understand until I saw the results.

And he has made all four lines effective, so I don't think Goldy needs "top 6 minutes".

He just has to do like the other rooks, that is show that he belongs full-time in the NHL.

8 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

I was not comparing those two (Burmistrov and Gagner).

I like Burmistrov's game (more than Gaunce's).

Burmistrov is in at centre for Sutter; nothing to do with Goldovin.

Gagner's goal production is still disappointing but he is involved with the play and seems to get under opponents' skins.

He is also very good at puck possesion, keeping it in the zone on the power play, for example.

He plays a pro game and the alternatives (Jake, Gaunce, and Goldovin) are still finding their way.

Goldy will get in and deserves a look, and I really hope he sticks, like Igor and Comets' management seem to think he will.

He has lots of talent, has worked on the defensive side of his game, and is a positive spirit that I hope fits in with the team a little better than in the past.

I really like Green's player deployment.

He has made a lot of moves I did not understand until I saw the results.

And he has made all four lines effective, so I don't think Goldy needs "top 6 minutes".

He just has to do like the other rooks, that is show that he belongs full-time in the NHL.

I wouldn't mind seeing either Vanek or Eriksson on a line with Goldy.    Maybe... Vanek/Eriksson  Burmi  Goldy

8 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I wouldn't mind seeing either Vanek or Eriksson on a line with Goldy.    Maybe... Vanek/Eriksson  Burmi  Goldy

Vanek Burmi Goldy would be a very good deployment, imo.

Vanek is bringing a lot of leadership as well as top talent, physicality, and effectiveness.